Angela Booth
Hostess

A touchy subject. I live in the UK and it has been a hot potato in the media as young children were being given medication without parents permission and if a child said it was trans then that was that. It came to a head when main clinics were closed and a more robust system put in place as there was a suggestion that the authorities could be culpable of child abuse by overstepping parents and childrens laws.

For me, on the face of it, recognition given to dysphoria at a young age is a good thing and young are less afraid to come out. How many of us wanted to be girls? In my day, like yours Geniveve, you wouldn’t dare to say such a thing! But how many of us would really have gone through with the process and enjoyed the results and it is that which is key here. Many here would say a resounding ‘YES’in hindsight but there is a difference between a crossdresser and a Trans person as there are many who would be quite happy with their lot just being able to dress as opposed to going the whole way.

As a youngster who really felt this way there would be help for them but they are still children, and, in my mind is it right to let them make life changing decisions? Children can live in that make believe world and want to be almost anything. As it has been said before, if a child wants to be a dog would you give them dog food and a kennel outside?

I do believe that there should be support and work done with the child and parents to guide and help the child through school and life until either decided by parents and experts or age of consent is reached.

Has it done any damage?  In itself no, but in the wider press it was allied to other issues regarding Trans persons which has done damage.

Had I have been born in the last ten years and had the same feelings I had when I was younger I would probably had gone for it. It didn’t happen but I can say I have still enjoyed life and reached my goal of living as a woman, So good things do come to those that wait and I have years to make up for and I think that if I had changed when young I wouldn’t be enjoying being a woman as much as I am now.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?