Angela Booth
Lady
Registered On: August 1, 2020
Topics: 9
Replies: 1288

I believe it is a choice for the individual. It depends on circumstances, location and, as in the case of the U.S., political posturings affecting public perception and opinion. I am sure there are better places than others to be able to openly express your affiliation, as yours appears to be.

In my early years I would never have dared to advertise any badge or sign when I was out. I thought I was being read at every turn and feared for my safety if challenged. In my case I did get read and had few encounters when I started to go out alone which I dealt with without further incident. Since being full time and starting to work where staff and clients only know Angela it has gone very well. Of course there are those who realize I am trans but no one has asked anything about that and I have been treated very well. At interview I have said that if any of my colleagues has an issue I would be happy to answer any questions.  Like you Cassie I can honestly say that the majority of those I engage with just see a woman. I have a few friends now who only know me as I am now and, again, no questions asked.

We have to owe a debt of gratitude to the LGBT+ groups who have fought hard over many decades to gain acceptance and change legislation for us to be able to live our lives as any other citizen. I have shown my support by donating to support pride and an organisation that is defending our rights.

4 users thanked author for this post.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.