ChloeC
Duchess

Hi Kerri,

There was a time in my past when I thought about seeing a therapist about my feelings, desires, etc., but somewhat like you, I really didn’t feel comfortable wanting to tell anyone what I was living through.  Turns out I did go to (if I remember correctly) one or two sessions about marriage counseling. The first time it didn’t help, we got divorced, as all my ex wanted was to get her side validated, which isn’t or shouldn’t be what things like that are for. 2nd time must have worked as we’re still together after 40+ years.

My thoughts back then about my tg concerns were that I wasn’t even sure in the 1960’s or 70’s that there were people who even understood things like gender dysphoria.  And although I lived in the suburbs at that time, there was no internet, no way of searching out with discretion anyone at all to share my issues.  I certainly wasn’t going to go in blindly and ask for lots of referrals.

Today, I would think it at least somewhat easier as a lot of research can be done online, along with seeing actual recommendations.  Imagine some tg/ts person publicly recommending a gender therapist back then!

My only solution back then was to read as much as I could, which I did, as well as watch a number of those talk shows that would showcase people with issues, mostly for the ratings, of course.  But the more I saw and read, the more I realized there were a lot more like me, and we all weren’t mentally ill.  That was my big revelation over the years.

Now, I can’t speak for anyone else but myself.  Deciding to see a therapist is something very personal which I suspect would require several meetings as you both get to know one another and feel comfortable. That’s all I can suggest is that if you do decide, go in and ask questions, make sure you’re as comfortable as possible, and if you have the least concerns, don’t be afraid to walk away and find someone better.

I wish you the best on your journey.

Hugs, ChloëC

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?