Venus Envy
Lady
Registered On: April 9, 2022
Topics: 0
Replies: 40

Counseling/therapy absolutely has helped me.
I abused alcohol,and started counseling for that.

I came to recognize so much of the reason I drank was my shame of crossdressing.
What I viewed then as more shameful than presenting as a drunk. Nobody would notice I’m drinking too much,right ?

Both alcohol and dressing were escapes, but now I don’t feel shame about dressing.

She (having a woman for counseling was essential for me) was the first person, besides my wife and a counselor who brought me back from a TBI, to know.

April will be five years sober.I’ve shared my story with several gg friends. It’s been incredible to see they were friends with the me they knew and that friendship hasn’t changed. In many cases it’s an even deeper friendship (“Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me this.That means so much to me”)
I don’t go out with anything more than lipstick, mascara and earrings. Not even that in our small town. Only started that post COVID, but I’m more and more self assured.

You mentioned other obstacles, but don’t let uncertainty about getting counseling be something that holds you back.

Most importantly, I don’t hide from myself anymore.

As one of the nurses who now knows said, “Embrace it and enjoy it”. I have.

I don’t believe any of this could have happened without counseling.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.