Great question.  First thought is she would not have married me my.  But then 25 years ago the was not a lot of information out there about us and honestly I really didn’t know who I was and even be able to articulate it.  It’s taken me many years to accept myself and I’m still on the journey on trying to figure out who I am.  That’s hard for any spouse to handle.

During our marriage we developed a deep love for each other.  If a couple doesn’t have that as a base then I think most would pass on marrying us.  Maybe the few that are adventurous or maybe a little bi might take the plunge but how do you agree to work with a spouse that you just are getting married to.  It’s a big test of your love very early into the marriage if you reveal it then.  That doesn’t mean it’s good to not tell her though.  I think sooner is better.

I believe if you were to ask my wife today she would tell you that we are closer then ever and there are aspects of “Carole” that she likes.  At the same time she is scared as she doesn’t know how much she can accept and if her feelings will change at some point.  So that leads us to where we are…we are taking it day by day…not fretting about the future because other things can affect what happens to us.  Focus on communication, listening, understanding, assuming innocence and see of you can figure it out together vs separate.  It takes a strong woman to do that.  I admire my wife for her efforts knowing that there is no guarantees.

Wishing love to all going through this !

Carole

ps there is a great article on acceptance by Lisa Wilson…take a look and read it.  It has a great perspective.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?