My advice to a beginner:
1. Get a firm shaper
2. Silicon hip pads help change the hip/shoulder ratio and help accentuate the appearance of a waist
3. Good quality breast forms, but don’t go overboard. Unless you are really heavy, DDs look way out of proportion.
4. Good quality wigs in short to middle lengths. Go to a shop and get fitted, try various styles and listen to the sales associate. Its her job to help you look good.
5. Makeup: a) less is more. Avoid garish/excessive eye shadow, etc. b) basics from drugstore brands are perfectly fine and you’ll save money, c) get some hands on training in the application of products
6. Select clothing that is a) age appropriate, b) situation appropriate and c) fits your body style. You’ll save a lot of money by purchasing clothes at goodwill or other thrift outlets and therefore the inevitable fails won’t sting quite so much.
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by Kim Dahlenbergen.