ChloeC
Duchess

Hi Megan, well yes, I have but only twice.  Years ago (it seems like it now) about maybe the 2nd or 3rd year of Second Life, I joined as a female character, made that the first leap, started walking around whatever town like area I landed in, and almost immediately was hit on by some male character.  I had barely understood directions and few buildings, the barest of knowledge to inhabit my character but never even got to places of possible interest.  I just decided that that was not why I joined, maybe once I had got comfortable, a few more visits down the road, but not in the first 10 minutes. Never went back.

The other one sort of like 2nd life for parts was a pure RPG text site very character driven. I’ve mentioned it before but not the concept, it was based on Middle-earth, had several thousand members, at its peak maybe 300-500 or more on at any one time(early 2000’s). And of course, you could choose your character and I went with a Lothlorian elven maiden (changed my character name slightly several times as the first was terribly pretentious, but it set the tone for how I was perceived). I was fully accepted, made friends, was given responsibility of the Book Lore forum. There were lots of different forums and lots of RPG activities you could join or even create for others all of which I did such as welcoming all new members to the kingdom answering questions, giving suggestions. Even helped plan a character driven wedding and several RPG games that took several days to play.

Unfortunately, even there, you could get a little more involved than you may want. Some male character who initially was just casually friendly started really hitting on me, even going so far as to try find my real name and location.  And there was a very true and devout Tolkien fan, an older English (you can him) gentleman, ex-pat living in Bangkok. He was very into Tolkien lore and knowledge (and often was abrupt), fairly misogynistic and would occasionally speak down to me, with others rallying to my support. But overall it was a fun relaxing atmosphere. As I wrote earlier, it was hacked about 6-8 years ago and practically destroyed. A smaller version is still there and I’m still a member but I don’t visit very often.

Did belonging do anything for me? Well, it helped me, not vent, but just live in imagination, I suppose, a little of a life I had dreamt about, not elven but female.  It was enjoyable, and other than those two (males of course) I was treated very well, and considered a good contributing member, and someone who others liked to include.

CDH and all of you, I find just as enjoyable and enough for me at this stage of my life.

Hugs, ChloëC

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?