When I went for my first makeover at a transformation place (Sept 2009) near my home, the woman mentioned that she has parties at her home, and that she has a meetup group to announce them. In December, she had a Christmas party. Although I couldn’t attend (everyone was home from college and I wasn’t out to anyone), she also had a “pre-Christmas party” running early. I was able to leave work a bit early (I was able to do a bit of transformation in my office with the door locked, and finished in my car). I went there and met my first few CD/TG folks. I had to leave before the full party started because I had to get home, but I was hooked. I couldn’t attend the Jan 2010 party as my (now) ex had surgery, but by February I was attending parties regularly. I did tell her by then and would change at the place, but I came home dressed (I was told it would be OK). I have met most of my friends through these parties, and even joined another group in the last few years.

As far as asking at the salon, I was repeatedly and fairly frequently told something. Last month while in the hospital, they had these sayings on the wall and one was an expanded version.

• If you don’t ask, the answer is always no.
  • If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it.
  • If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same spot.

If the salon doesn’t do CD makeovers, you can often find someone who does at places like Ulta, Sephora, or Mac. If you’re still afraid to ask in person, call them on the phone which will keep you anonymous.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?