- April 8, 2021 at 3:11 pm #475315Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 51Replies: 1103Has thanked: 3745 timesBeen thanked: 5580 times
Hello my lovelies…
One of Grace’s favourite subjects…
but so many questions, so please read carefully….
Ok, you will have your favourite colours or do you??…do you prefer an ordinary plastic case…or more expensive metallic tubes…do you stick to the same make or do you experiment with different types.
What about ingredients and the method of manufacture…does that sway you….
maybe you see a colour you love and just….buy it…what the hell!!!
Then there is other choices like Wands, Markers and Chubby sticks….lip liners….glosses….etc
Lippy……the subjects a lot more intricate as you get into it..
So girls…..what’s your thoughts on your ” weapon of choice ” ??????
Grace, Duchess of Rimell ❤️❤️❤️
Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- April 12, 2021 at 7:16 pm #477013Sharon LeysLadyRegistered On: January 27, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 5 times
I use pinks in the day, but deep, dark red for evenings and dates. No brand preference, but I have learned that lipsticks can get gross in time, oils oozing out of the stick. Those quickly get tossed, and some were “name” brnads.
- April 15, 2021 at 12:19 am #477836
- April 12, 2021 at 7:00 pm #477007Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1477Has thanked: 15543 timesBeen thanked: 4845 times
Hi Grace well you know im a red girl and use a few pinks they are Rimmel And Loreal for the most part try to stay away from off brands not good quality Just loved a deep shade of red called Drama Red by Clinique but discontinued such a shame just loved it ..
- April 13, 2021 at 12:09 am #477068Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 51Replies: 1103Has thanked: 3745 timesBeen thanked: 5580 times
I think you have hit on one of the major problems…. discontinued colours!!!…
So if you find a colour you love, do you buy a few….and then when you go again….they are gone…..or do you buy one at a time…and they are suddenly gone!!!….it’s a real decision…
- April 13, 2021 at 5:54 pm #477367Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1477Has thanked: 15543 timesBeen thanked: 4845 times
Hi Grace thats a real delema yes i try to buy a few but like drama red seems to went out in a hurry have found a few on line but people think they are gold in there price i have a problem paying $40.00 for a lipstick that was only 15 so start with .. But i loved the color ..
- April 12, 2021 at 5:58 pm #476999Laura K KayLadyRegistered On: March 12, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 765Has thanked: 3575 timesBeen thanked: 2114 times
- April 11, 2021 at 12:00 pm #476418KHeartLadyRegistered On: October 1, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 111Has thanked: 300 timesBeen thanked: 614 times
I don’t really have a go-to brand (yet), and must admit, I don’t spend too much on lippy as it’s just one of many things to buy in my makeup budget.
I used to only get pink lipstick when I started experimenting with makeup. But when I wore my first red, I fell in love with the colour, and a bold red is now my colour of choice. I use things like lip-liners all the time, and occasionally gloss, but not as much.
- April 11, 2021 at 11:36 am #476405GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 1043Has thanked: 8938 timesBeen thanked: 4287 times
- April 11, 2021 at 6:52 am #476296Kathleen 60454LadyRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 44Replies: 417Has thanked: 2049 timesBeen thanked: 1489 times
I have mostly Pink shades or Mauve colors. Loreal in a metal case. I do have some Maybeline in plastic and one Cover Girl Mauve that I started with because that is what my ex-wife always and only used.
I have never tried a Wand or lip gloss. I only use lipstick in a tube.
Kathleen xxxxx 💋♥
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Kathleen 60454.
- April 10, 2021 at 5:56 am #475834Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 881Has thanked: 1223 timesBeen thanked: 2933 times
Ohh, my giddy aunt… wait… they’re all dead! Ok OMG… what a topic!
I have a cheap dark red crème for everyday mode… out to the letterbox type of thing but…
The best I have used is the Maybelline 24 hour lip gloss! Boom, a lippy that stays put and doesn’t smear! Recommend
I also use a really dark plum lip crayon by Youngblood that is pure mineral… Amethyst might like the colour!
- April 9, 2021 at 11:23 pm #475718Lily-Rose NielsenDuchessRegistered On: November 2, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 200Has thanked: 963 timesBeen thanked: 701 times
Well, for everyday use I only have a lipgloss that’s a little bit pinker than my skin tone. It’s no use doing it more fancy since I’m using a mask all the time at work weather it’s corona time or not. Regarding lipstick it’s either red or nude. In either case I use a nude lip pencil first to mark the contour of my lips. If I’m using a solid lipstick or from a pot i use a brush to apply it. I have a pot from Make Up Store called cornell red. I think it’s colour is absolutely gorgeous. It’s a lipgloss but very rich pigmented so I use as a lipstick. You can see it here https://lyko.com/sv/make-up-store/make-up-store-lip-chic-gloss-cornell-red?gclid=CjwKCAjw9r-DBhBxEiwA9qYUpaLgrQkxS-bwyg3YhSKVsMd-uIMH5Ev1H9FjOh1Vuz9iIWJ_6Mv3ahoCzKAQAvD_BwE
- April 9, 2021 at 12:39 pm #475592Hilda BeaumontDuchessRegistered On: March 14, 2020Topics: 8Replies: 201Has thanked: 488 timesBeen thanked: 737 times
A true story from my pre HildaRuth life when I was a chemistry teacher. Back in those days school students could choose their own projects. Anna, a rather troubled and troublesome young lady decided she wanted to prepare makeup – black lipstick, black eyeshadow, black nail varnish. It turned out not to be that difficult to produce the base materials but it took us some time to find a black colouring agent that was smooth and not gritty. The soot deposited on a ceramic tile by a candle flame did the trick. Anna was so pleased with the result, as was I, it was the first time she had actually done anything in my lessons, that she asked if she could show her make up to the head teacher. I said, “Yes of course.” I was in my first year of teaching so more than a bit naive. Anna Said, “Great I’ll do that first thing tomorrow.” She presented herself to the Head dressed in black T shirt, black leather mini skirt, black fishnet tights and black boots, made up withe her black make up holding a small presentation box containing her make up. The head was a bit taken aback but responded positively, asking Anna into her office and chatting with her about her make up and her chemistry lessons. Anna’s behaviour improved beyond all recognition but as is the nature of these things she didn’t attend the chemistry exam. Ah well – that’s life I suppose.
Must admit I can’t shop for lippy without thinking of Anna and what she might have made of her life.
Love and hugs
- April 9, 2021 at 12:01 pm #475580AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 25Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 119 times
My make up has to be vegan friendly, but I have found kiko a really fantastic lipstick, this is a liquid lipstick, they do a double touch, so colour one end which is matte the other end is a clear gloss. The quality is great and reasonable priced. Does take a bit to actually remove it!
I do have some cheaper lipstick, by Barry M, still a nice lipstick, but it wears off rather quick, so plenty of touching up.
as for the colours, Oh my goth!
black, deep reddish purple, bright red and bright purple.
- April 9, 2021 at 12:20 pm #475585
- April 9, 2021 at 11:05 am #475544Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 779Has thanked: 11050 timesBeen thanked: 2942 times
I was told be a makeup artist…ok, they weren’t actually talking to me, but I might have been listening anyways, that there are some things you don’t need to spend a lot of money on in the way of makeup, and lippy was one of them. Many girls will change color at least once a day, it gets reapplied after meals, and at other times, and doesn’t need to be expensive to be good or effective. Hence, i won’t spend too much on it. I prefer liquids over traditional solids, and do like to add gloss. I wear a nearly nude color so day nearly every day wherever I am, but an very open to new colors for a night out. I’ve gone with colors ranging from light pink to a magenta that borders on purple. Depends on outfit, hair color, occasion, etc. Just out and about in the day, I’ll stick with a mild red or pink.
- April 10, 2021 at 10:50 am #475969Laura K KayLadyRegistered On: March 12, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 765Has thanked: 3575 timesBeen thanked: 2114 times
- April 10, 2021 at 6:04 pm #476136Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 779Has thanked: 11050 timesBeen thanked: 2942 times
- April 11, 2021 at 6:49 am #476294Laura K KayLadyRegistered On: March 12, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 765Has thanked: 3575 timesBeen thanked: 2114 times
- April 11, 2021 at 7:05 am #476305
- April 11, 2021 at 8:00 am #476335LadyRegistered On: March 12, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 765Has thanked: 3575 timesBeen thanked: 2114 times
- April 11, 2021 at 11:08 am #476390
- April 11, 2021 at 1:26 pm #476447
- April 9, 2021 at 8:32 am #475498stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 146Replies: 1968Has thanked: 3109 timesBeen thanked: 9004 times
I have thin lips. I am no Angeline Jolie! So my requirement is to make my thinnies look like femininies. And also to make them visible from a distance so that …… stop sighing! Okay, I wont say it.
So I choose bold red shades that range from deep cerise thru to a little orangey. I do have some lighter pink ones that I might wear indoors, but not outdoors so that …. enuf said. No darker than pillar-box red. No purples! I tend to use matte shades.
The other requirement is that it has to be easily wipe off-able. Otherwise I would be in the doghouse when I get home.
Hugs, Steph 💄xxx
- April 9, 2021 at 8:41 am #475500Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 51Replies: 1103Has thanked: 3745 timesBeen thanked: 5580 times
Totally agree Steph….thin lips with light pinks doesn’t help at all…
…but watch out for that pillar box red….I was stood waiting for a bus….and yawned, next thing I had a mouthful of letters!!!…it took 3 days for one of them to work their way through…..had a lovely stamp on it though 🤣🤣🤣🤣
- April 9, 2021 at 5:16 am #475452Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 416Has thanked: 327 timesBeen thanked: 1765 times
I am not partial to any brand. However, I do factor in my budget conciousness (wordy for being cheap). On the other hand, I used to love buying Covergirl lipstick. They had a line that resisted smudging, and even when using a makeup wipe it would still leave residual stains on the lips. I loved it. But they discontinued the line and now their lipstick wipes off really easily.
I stick to drug store brands, and try not to exceed $10 for a lipstick.
I have the normal tube ones, liquid, crayon, … I like to experiment with different methods of application. I’ve purchased a few lip glosses too, but I rarely use those as food sticks to the gloss when you eat.
However, I do stick with the usual colours, for sure red (I have lots of red lipstick), pink, and purple. I tend to pick brighter colours.
- April 9, 2021 at 10:57 am #475538LadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 779Has thanked: 11050 timesBeen thanked: 2942 times
They probably discontinued it because it stayed on too well, and didn’t sell as much volume as one that needs frequent reapplication. Companies always seem to quit making things that work too well 🙄
- April 9, 2021 at 5:04 am #475449Ria FreichukLadyRegistered On: June 6, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 105Has thanked: 292 timesBeen thanked: 437 times
- April 11, 2021 at 7:03 am #476303
- April 9, 2021 at 4:52 am #475442Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 28Replies: 791Has thanked: 7769 timesBeen thanked: 3444 times
I tend to get mostly Maybelline, but it’s not really a conscious choice? I stick to shades of pink and reds, and have oodles of both, lol,
As for price or manufacturing, I dont look, if I like the shade, I buy it
I do have liquids and solids, and I think I prefer the solids.
Daily in drab, I wear “daringly nude”, all day
Love my lippy’s, lol
- April 8, 2021 at 5:26 pm #475342LadyRegistered On: March 12, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 765Has thanked: 3575 timesBeen thanked: 2114 times
- April 8, 2021 at 4:28 pm #475335Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 209Has thanked: 1998 timesBeen thanked: 931 times
I have bought some lipstick from RealHer and I love it! I also have some from Revlon and NYX. I don’t have one favorite product line, I try different brands and go with the one I like best.
- April 8, 2021 at 4:02 pm #475328Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: March 31, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 18Has thanked: 31 timesBeen thanked: 92 times
I haven’t developed a loyalty to any particular brand yet. I am primarily concerned about getting colors that I like, various shades of red and pink. I also check ingredients just to make sure that I’m not going to ingest anything that is potentially harmful.
- April 8, 2021 at 3:49 pm #475322LadyRegistered On: March 12, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 765Has thanked: 3575 timesBeen thanked: 2114 times
- April 10, 2021 at 4:57 pm #476124Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 881Has thanked: 1223 timesBeen thanked: 2933 times
Hi K K…
Me too! Two different colours that seem to cover every occasion…
130 Self Starter and 20 Pioneer.
Only one problem… getting the lippy off! With crème lippy… a wipe will do it in a flash but with the super ink… blowtorch maybe, acid wash, stone wash even… hohlah!
Flashest of flash smiles… 💋💋💋 Polly
- April 10, 2021 at 5:08 pm #476126
- April 8, 2021 at 3:31 pm #475320Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 1263Has thanked: 8252 timesBeen thanked: 4875 times
Well my Dutches of Rimmel, I tend to go for colours I like more than anything, method of manufacturing is not high on my agenda,but if I like it I will try it out. Tend to stick to softer colours “Pink” most times or red,not into dark colours except purple.
Just bought today a Rimmel London no 262″Ring a ring o’ roses “super shine pink., Don’t mind the make or price, willing to experiment and explore different brands. That’s the fun part of the shopping attachment too. xx
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.