• This topic has 34 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello girls….

Serious question…do you have a lucky charm you will not go anywhere without???…

do you have a lucky number ?, a rabbit’s foot ? ( always thought that it wasn’t so lucky for the rabbit!!)….how about a four leaf clover ?….maybe you have the same routine you go through before you do something ?

Do you walk around instead of under ladders, avoid black cats, Friday the 13th, how about breaking a mirror….. ooops.

What do you say ??..is it all old wives tales…..or are you superstitious ????

Love to hear your thoughts…

grace ❤️❤️

Anonymous

Grace,

I’m not superstitious. At all. Well, except for my college football playing days. Did everything the opposite of the way I usually did them. Left shoe on and tied before right shoe. Pepper before salt. Etc.

Happened by accident after I accidentally switched a couple of things on a game day and ended up with 2 interceptions and a blocked kick that day. So I figured, it can’t hurt to just keep doing this, right? Right? 😂 😆 😝

Nothing lately though for the last 35 years! Lol.

God bless,
      Steph

Anonymous

Well, you seem to be doing alright without them…xx

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Grace, Well I will have ponder this question a bit.  Hope you don’t mind me thinking out loud while I’m typing a response. I wouldn’t say that I am overly superstitious.  No lucky charms, and I’ve done all those things superstitious people don’t do i.e. walk under ladders, don’t avoid black cats in particular (I just as soon avoid a white cat as much as a black one), Friday the 13th is just another day, I broke a mirror about a year ago, don’t have a special number, etc.

Do I have a routine to do things?  Yes, my wife has convinced me that routinizing tasks allows you to spend time thinking about more important stuff.  So as a retired gal, I’ve routinized all sorts of things, not because of superstition, but because of not having to remember stuff that is not that important but needs to be done anyway.

BUT, is it an old wives’ tale?   I think NOT.  If the mind truly believes that something bad will happen if you cross the path of a black cat, then chances are that something bad will happen.  Or if you don’t tape your hockey stick a certain way, you’ll probably have a lousy game.  The mind is a pretty strong influencer.   How about the opposite? If the mind truly believes that old rabbit’s foot will bring you luck, will you be lucky?  You might have more confidence and hence have a bit of an advantage but losing that rabbit’s foot will certainly make you feel unlucky.

So my rambling really is kind of uneventful. Wish I could put more humour into it. I’ll be interested in reading what the other gals think. Have a lovely week Grace, All the Best, Big Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Love the ramblings Krista, I remember as a youngster, being told that if you step on the cracks in the pavement, the bears would get you!!!….quite disconcerting for young minds….xx

Anonymous

Hi Grace,

I have an old silver dollar coin that I have been carrying for a couple decades. I am not sure that it is lucky, more like an old friend that had been there in my pocket through thick and thin. When I transition, it will go in my purse. I will carry it until I enter the pink fog salon in the sky.

Eva

Anonymous

Hi Grace it’s superstitious to be superstitious, my mother used to say to us kids put some clean underwear on when you go out just in case you get in an accident and end up in hospital, she didn’t want us to show her up in front of the doctor,

I suppose I’m a bit superstitious i don’t walk under ladders if i spill salt i throw some over my left shoulder i don’t usually go out on Friday the 13th xxxxx

Hugs Rozalyne x

Trisha
      Duchess

I carry my MOS coin ALWAYS. I wont even think about leaving it behind. And if for some reason I forget it I immediately pull a uturn and go back for it.

💋

Trisha

My lucky day is Friday 13th. My unlucky day is November 18: one year, got my first speeding ticket, next year wrecked my car. Many years later, my Dad died that day. I don’t go out that day anymore, if I can help it. I feel like I get more red lights that green lights, but almost always get a good parking spot.

My favorite movie quote on the topic is from Apollo 13: “well, we had a black cat walk over a broken mirror under the lunar module ladder, it didn’t seem to be a problem”

Bridgette

Anonymous

Just to add to this… superstitions reminded me of some ” old wives tales” told when we were young …eat your crusts and your hair will go curly…..or …

pull a face and you will stay like that if the wind changes!!!….as kids we really believed it !!!…

Grace x

Grace… i did have a malachite egg for ‘for good luck’ but I lost it! Never looked back… people seem to have what I would rather refer to as a talisman.
      Sometimes they signify something personal… sometimes, something to do with their professional life but they are there as more of a memory aid than anything. To remember you were supposed to do something… sportsmen/women have this going on all the time… but all it is, is an aid to calm the mind.

So… no, from me…

Prosaic Polly

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

No longer superstitious myself Grace, tho as a wee lad of maybe 13 or 14 I do remember seeing people with a rabbits foot.  Being a sensitive child I thought that was animal cruelty; how mean, I thought.  But, I liked bunnys so I wound up with 16 rabbits feet – attached to 4 rabbits.  I guess I figured live rabbits feet would be even luckier!   ( doesn’t work that way 😅 ).

Stevie 🐇🐇🐇🐇

Hi Grace ,

I try not to pay any attention to superstitions as I try to rely on my faith however I still cringe when A black cat walks across the road and I do the double x thing my  wife told me to do .or I cringe if I break a mirror.

But I don’t put too much thought into it .

I always thought the rabitt foot wasn’t very lucky especially for the owner.lol

Fun topic though .

Patty

Anonymous

Oh Patty…

Watch out for falling paint pots when you walk under ladders!!!

Noted Grace, watch out for falling pots when I walk under a ladder.🤔

And I thought it was bad luck just walking under a ladder now I gotta watch for falling flower pots.

I need a hard hat.😁

Anonymous

❤️🤣🤣🤣🤣❤️

Anonymous

No I’m not a superstitious person Grace, I do like rabbits feet but only on a rotisserie over hot coals. I’ve got my Elmer Fudd gear on going hunting in a little bit, a nice spring wabbit for dinner tonight. UH HU HU HU HU, wish me luck.

I’m not superstitious…knock on wood

Anonymous

Hi Grace if you break a mirror its only bad luck if you have to buy a new one. If a black cat runs in front of you it could be bad luck for the cat. I avoid walking past the funeral directors in case there’s a picture of me in the window with the headline coming soon.

Uh oh

Sarah

Anonymous

Hi Sarah….hope you’re well!!!

That’s very funny about the funeral directors 🤣🤣….I have one in the next street…maybe I need to keep an eye on the window too….haha xx

Anonymous

I am good dear thank you avoid the funeral directors at all cost.

Anonymous

I have just one: Never walk under a black cat; we’ve had one (not the same one) for over 57 years, and I have never broken that rule.

Bettylou

Anonymous

Good girl Bettylou….. that’s very funny!!!

57 years and you have resisted the obviously strong temptation to limbo under a cat….I’m very impressed….haha xxx

Stevie65
      Lady

No superstitions here. It was used alot by my parents and sometimes my grandparents. There are a few karma things i believe in. I am more tuned into thing sprituality if you want to call it that. Like i get a feeling in advance to not go somewhere or do somethingor even be in a situation i will get a notice of something and even see the outcome.

Anonymous

I’m not speechless…  Rungnir (or Hrungnir – I believe that Saxo and Snorri did not use the same spelling?) was accompanied to his last battle by a giant – named Mokkurkalfi – created with the heart of a mare… and made out of clay.  After Thialfi demolished him, the body of the giant created all the veins of clay throughout the world… most of which have seemingly migrated to my allotment plot.  That’s what Rungnir has to do with it – surprised you missed the reference.  Yes, I read your reply.  Did you not read mine?  THINGS HAAPPEN!  You get good years and bad years – and there is never a proper explanation; two years ago we had a long period of drought – and yet my spuds (which like a lot of water) were great.  Last year was a bit better for rain – yet my spuds were poor.  Whether your friend used any form of runes, materials or anything else (bar good amounts of compost) makes no difference – Mother Nature (the ultimate enemy of superstition) pretty much determines all!  Still love you:  Inga.

Anonymous

Sorry – should have directed that note to Steph Plumb and her reply to my reply a little bit down.  Apologies – I’m still Analogue Inga…

Anonymous

Had me going there Inga….

Maybe we should have a new post… “Crossdressers Allotments….can you dig it”…..?????….

Anonymous

Grace – I’m sure you’re just the girl to make that into an interesting topic…  Heeeeeer’s Gracie!!!  Un-Interesting Inga.

Anonymous

Gen…

regarding the collar….that’s very sweet and totally understandable..xx

Anonymous

Sammy…that’s quite spooky isn’t it??…but I like the idea x

Grace … sweet thing you… I too have a collar though it is just stainless…

💋💋💋

Anonymous

Oh Laura…you are pushing the power of your Rabbits foot to the limit by standing on the cracks in the pavement….the bears will get you in the end…..

In Englands country lanes, there are a heck of a lot of rabbit fatalities…..and they have four feet!!!!

Anonymous

Hi Steph:  two things… First is that for no reason anyone could ever come up with, some years things work well and some they don’t.  Last year, my allotment was poor for onions and potatoes, non-existent for peas and overflowing with runner beans, leeks and garlic.  While the garlic looks like it will be good this year, I’m planning for a glut of spuds, no runner beans , a medium amount of broad beans and a total flop on all brassicas.  Don’t worry about it – and don’t fall back on superstition as an explanation.  The second thing is that he probably should have used Nordic Runes instead – apparently, Rungnir’s Heart works well (strange, considering that the giant was supposedly made out of my mortal enemy – clay.)  Agricultural Inga.

Anonymous

Probably more to do with poor soil health Stephanie. Soil PH should be between 5.5&7.0. Microorganisms and nutrients play an essential part of plant growth, even the depth of quality soil at root base plays an integral part of healthy growth. Just two inexperienced gardeners I suspect. 

Anonymous

Okay….re phrase time…..

step on the cracks and the crocs, alligators and bobcats will get you!!!…

Which is obviously less painful…

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?