• This topic has 25 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

It’s time for a Saturday smile girls…..it can’t hurt to escape for five minutes, can it??? a happy weekend to you all.

Firstly, of course i mean charity…if you ever saw a comedy sketch programme called the ” Fast Show “….you will remember that Dj’s Smashie and Nicey raised tons of money….all for Churdy!!!

Secondly, this is in no way a slur against any type of fundraising…it’s ALL in a good cause and these people do wonders for the needy…..

Here’s the ” on topic ” bit…..I give to charity all the time…every time I buy a skirt or a dress or shoes in a charity shop, we all gain something!!!

I also donate to a monthly lottery, I haven’t hit the jackpot yet…but my cash goes to good causes and it makes me feel good too!!!

Okay……here we go…warning

zzzzzzxxxxxxxcczzzzxxxxxxzzxxxx

You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Your next stop is Grace’s warped mind!!!!

if you watch any daytime TV, in the UK at least, virtually every other advert is asking for cash…from homeless people to endangered species to famine and relief abroad…..and as we approach Christmas, it even escalates…

So when you sign up to send however many pounds/dollars a month to help, do you just tick a box, or do you read the smallprint…..for instance,did you know that if the charity cannot manage to maintain the “good cause”…it may be sent to you, after all…you signed for it….didn’t you??????…

a truck appears in your drive, and begins unloading a 2 ton rhino called Melvyn….where do you want him love???….” but I don’t have a garden” won’t cut it, after all you DID adopt him…..90 pounds of grass a day can be expensive….plus, all that grass has got to come out of the other end, I’m sure the refuse collection won’t include that!!…

Coming home from work, you discover that 26 members of the dwarf ” wherethehellarewe” tribe camped on your lawn….. made even worse when local cats and dogs begin mysteriously disappearing…and all that dancing around the campfires through the night could drive a wedge between you and your neighbours…didn’t think it out did you??

I saw an advert yesterday asking me to adopt a penguin…ok, I now have a penguin called Frank but just how does that work??….are they not all pretty similar??…which one would actually be mine??…if the payments suddenly stopped does it mean a polar bear got Frank….

but if a polar bear got him and the payments didn’t stop, how would I know??, would I be sending my love to the wrong penguin??….oh gosh, maybe I would get a ” Dear Frank ” lettert…!! It’s all a worry isn’t it??

Water wells for umbongoland and crutches for wonkey donkeys are more wonderful causes…but how much do you give?? and where do you draw the line??

Saving elephants from poachers…  Just how big a pan do you need to poach an elephant??…a tad bigger than Holly’s broiler I would hope…..and why don’t they just take the pans away from these poachers….20 guys carrying a pan across the Savannah must stick out like a sore tbumb ??? ….

how the hell do you keep a snow leopard happy in an English summer….walkies around the chilled section in Tesco’s could cause a stir…..📣📣 ” child missing in aisle 14 “…..

Just how far could you push your luck??..if someone came to your door collecting for the old folks home…would you give them your grandad???….

zzzzxxxxxxxzzzzzzzzzzxxxxxczzzzxx….we now return you to normal service!!??!

….well that’s it really, another delve into my abyss…

Do you give to Churdy??? I do so hope this hasn’t put you off donating…just read the bloody smallprint…..carefully.

This was in fun, I hope I haven’t upset anyone

Smiles and love to you all,

💓Grace💓

Anonymous

Hi Grace,

I share your concerns but I still think giving to charities is good for the soul. Who you give to and the amount you give is up to you.

Several times over the years I’ve stopped giving to ‘nagging’ charities who ignore my simple request as in “Here’s the deal, this is what I’m giving. All you have to do is not pester me.” Why is that so hard to understand?

Another worry is that charities are increasingly “businessed up”. No, it’s not a business it’s a charity. You shouldn’t be making a big salary and taking money out of the charity. If you want to make big money, go get a job. And ‘chuggers’ on commission – aarghhh!

In the UK you can validate a charity here:

https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-search

If you search e.g. for ‘wateraid’ it’ll give you a profile of among other things, how it spends its money, how much is used in ‘admin’ and salaries etc. Quite a useful resource.

Marti xxx

I know that on this site we’re supposed to be mindful of others and I respect that, but reading what Grace posted in relation to Charity has promoted me to write this.
      I’m all in favour of giving to Charities, but did you not not all the money you give goes to Charity.
      The BBC Children in need is a prime example. Someone mentioned that every £ given only 1p goes to the Charity. It’s been 1,000 people have been employed to minister this Charity. Some of the salaries are 5 or 6 figures I think. The organisation isn’t run by the BBC but uses the name.
      Other Charities like Christian Aid CEOS are earning 6 figure wages.
      All I’m saying is if you’re thinking into giving to Charity give to those where most if not all of the money goes to where it’s needed.
      Another Charity to avoid is RNLI over the way they’re using lifeboats and the immigrants.
      Sorry for the rant, I’m just making you girls to think carefully when given to Charity.

Anonymous

The BBC Children in need is a prime example. Someone mentioned that every £ given only 1p goes to the Charity.

Sorry Liz, this simply is not true, some one has misinformed you. Follow the link I provided, no better than that, here’s their entry on the charity commission web site:

https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-search/-/charity-details/802052

Marti xxx

Thanks for that Marti, if that’s wrong I apologise.
          The general thrust of the argument but is most of the money given to Children in need is spent on administrative costs.
          It’s my understanding even presenters are paid for presenting it and it comes from us giving.
          Liz

Anonymous

Liz, just spend 15 minutes having a good look at the link I provided.

m x

Anonymous

So in your opinion we should just let innocent people drown?

Is that the correct way to behave?

Emily are all these people innocent?
            We can’t even take care of our local people ex service on the streets, more and more people going to Charity banks.

These people when they come are being put up in hotels 3 meals a day, free wi fi mobile phone etc. A pile of pizzas where ordered and the bill amounted to thousands of pounds.
            I’m not saying they’re all bad, but why are we in the United Kingdom being asked to take them. What are other European countries doing?
            Liz

We now have apparently now where these people even if they commit the most hideous crimes can’t be extradited.
            The mainstream media is reluctant to report incidents and if we do we’re classed as racists. If people come to live here they have to respect our laws and customs. A lot of these people coming here don’t. If went to live in Yemen or Saudi Arabia or somewhere similar I’d have to abide by their laws.
            Liz

Marti I may have got my figures wrong but there’s still a people earning over £50,00/£60,000. Think it’s 135 paid staff. Where’s that money coming from? Us.
          You underline the point I’m trying to make

Liz

Anonymous

Never mind Liz, I think we are going around in circles. The link identifies 13 employees earning more than 50k – and I’ve made my point about that earlier. The 135 you mention are the total paid staff, along with 250 volunteers.

Nevertheless the charity gives 95% of what it receives – so a running cost of 5% – which isn’t bad. I wouldn’t donate to a charity with more than a 10% overhead.

Perhaps we’d better stop here?

Marti xxx

After I did some digging a few years back, last century actually, I found out just what amount went to actual work versus how much went to “The Board”.

Since then, my donations are exclusively to local charities.  The local food bank, Toys for Tots, children’s coat drives, clothing to the women’s shelter shops, etc.  Those places that I can see my donations working and hopefully doing good things.

PaulaF

Maybe I don’t understand how this works. I was at church the other day when they passed the hat. Well, when it came my way, I tried it on. Fit perfectly. And it was an exquisite match for my purse and heels. A beautiful pale pink with a gorgeous bow. And the hat was filled with money! Of course I will give that money to charity but I get to keep the hat. And you better believe I’ll be back at that church next Sunday.  I’m hoping this week they’ll pass a cute little sundress.

Charitably yours, Clara

Anonymous

Clara….

what a coincidence…same here!!!!

In my church they pass around a plate….after four Sundays I had a matching set…now I need cups!!!

Obviously each time I swapped the plate for a pink hat with a gorgeous bow….haha..huggs xx

Anonymous

Ahhh.. Ms. Grace, I love you’re take on this.. “Churdy” does begin at Home, My neighbors homes!! If in need I know where 100% of My money is going and Know that they need it!! This includes friends & Family struggling, as well as others…I will not give to the “Big Charities” they Suck for the most part!!(My Take!) Btw.. that 19 dollars a month is so they don’t have to give out receipts(at least here in the U.S.) as long as it’s under $250 a year.. Hmmm how am I going to prove I own that Hippopotamus? and that’s all I wanted for Christmas!!!  Oh.. and “Good Will” here, you donate you’re Stuff so the CEO can make 2.3 million a year.. See Churdy does begin at home!! “Food Banks,” “Toys for tots” and such that Paula mentioned are mostly great!!   Try this.. When I can afford to, I Love to go out to eat and find someone in the place, just by looking around and listening that I will buy their meal,(anonymously) someone alone.. Mother and daughter.. could be anyone!! I don’t know them, could be Rich or Poor, I just know it might be something they need..    And if you get a chance, if you have a Sense of humor.. get on you tube and listen to Sam Kinison’s take on “World Hunger”…Priceless!!  Have a Wonderous Day Everybody!!💖

Anonymous

Hi Grace another Saturday smile,

I’m a bit worried about that save a 🐳 whale charity i gave to a few years ago, where am i gonna fit a whale 🐳 in my back garden, lol X

My granddaughter said to me do all fairy tales start with once upon a time, I said no some start with if you elect me I’ll promise you this, lol X

Huggs Roz X

Anonymous

That’s very funny Roz…..by the way, if you try fitting a whale in your back garden………..

it may not end with ” happily ever after ” either…xx

Anonymous

Hi Grace i could get a bigger fish 🐟🎏 tank ,

How can a fish 🐠 drive a tank it’s got no hands X lol XX

Hugs 🤗 Roz X

Anonymous

This isn’t humour, this is a public service announcement brought to us by our watch dog  Grace to make sure we don’t end up in a bind. Thank you Grace, keep up the good work.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Grace.

Once again you give us interesting subjects to think about in your unique humorous way… thank you. Your job must be a comedy writer for the BBC. I can just imagine all those natives carrying that huge poaching pan across the plains… LOL… its like a Far Side cartoon!

I donate to charity every time I buy clothes at my local Goodwill thrift store and will only donate dollars to local charities that work in the community like food banks, Habitat for Humanity and womens shelters. With the state of the economy now its even more important to give to those who are in need and suffering.

I never give to national charities like the Susan Komen Foundation or any of those church groups who raise millions that support mostly administrations. Too many reports of fancy resort vacations, private jets and mansions. It seems here in the US they keep asking not for one time donations but for a bank draft of $19 a month. Why $19?

Anonymous

Thanks Michelle…

If you watch the old Tarzan films, you may see natives using elephant poaching pans to cross rivers. They disguised them as dug out canoes to avoid the authorities. They used the big wooden spoons as paddles!!!! xxx

Krista
      Duchess

My Dearest Grace,

Couple of things first:

I read the title and said to myself, what the heck is Churdy?  So I looked it up.  A broad shouldered woman. What?????  I guess that could mean a CD?????   Thankfully you clarified right off the top.  Ah, charity, now that makes sense.

Then you gave me a most wonderful LOL.  A polar bear eating Frank the Penguin.  And I thought for sure that Steph would catch this one.  Polar bears live in the northern hemisphere (not far from me) and penguins live in the Southern Hemisphere (really far away from me).  Never the two shall meet – well except maybe at the Zoo, did you adopt Frank the Zoo Penguin????  Now this makes sense too because I reread your opening – all from Grace’s warped mind!!!!

Charity, Yes I give lots.  My favourite charities are for heart and stroke (my Mom had 2 heart attacks and 5 strokes, and I had a heart attack) so I do my bit for that charity and cancer (both parents and lots of friends have died from this one).  And then I have my favourite wildlife ones – WWF, CWF and yes I’ve adopted all sorts of animals – and I usually end up with a stuffed animal they send me plus the adoption certificate.  Over the years, I must have adopted a whole herd of goats for needy families in Ethiopia.  And I know the money actually went to them because I had a close friend who travelled to Ethiopia every year to make sure the goats made it to the right family and the money did not end up in some administrators pocket (it was through Rotary – I was a Club President back in 2005).

Smiles and love to you as well!!!!  Big Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Haha…thanks Krista…maybe if Frank was that far off course…he deserved his fate…..

wow…that reminds me!!!….I also know why killer whales never eat penguins….because they can’t get the wrappers off….

( In England, penguins are chocolate biscuit bars ). 🤣🤣🤣

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I think giving to chardy is a good thing and gives you a feel good factor. I like to donate locally and for causes close to me.

I am not sure about this adopting animals thing. If I ended up with an Elephant I would have to build a trunk road to get it here. And how do you get too wales in a car? – East on the M4 and over the Severn Bridge…..

As far as I know the elephant poachers use the Panhandle route of the Okavanga river in Botswana…..

I wish I had called myself Charity – I would get all those cheques and be a trillionaire.

Anonymous

Dear Charity….poaching using the panhandle….of course!!!!…

brilliant…xx

Anonymous

Steph…aren’t council’s always the same…my refuse collectors use any excuse to leave stuff behind, just like yours…

Remember…a rhino is not just for Christmas !!!   ( love to Melvin xx )

Huggs, grace xx

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?