• This topic has 18 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Here in the U.K….its nearly November 5th….bonfire night. Whooppee doo…..i can’t wait….

I know for the next three weeks, there will be no peace, especially for our pets. When I had my dog, bless him, he was always a nervous wreck in November….

I love fireworks as much as anyone….in carefully regulated displays they are wonderful….but as usual, the village idiots can get them as well. Is throwing explosive devices in the street even legal??? Every year the police, fire and ambulance services are overwhelmed….they know it’s coming and right on time it arrives….all my life people have been injured by fireworks….and it will be exactly the same this month.

I’m all for tradition as well….but is it time to hit this carnage on the head because it’s not just the 5th….it’s the whole month!!!

Its 2021…who really gives a fawkes????

Roll on December, grace xx

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Yes we love our pets but the prospect of a good ‘Bang’ over rides that.

Roll on December?? I have heard fireworks over the Christmas period and as for New Years eve -It seems everyone is banging.

Then there are other religious festivals that encourage a good bang throughout the year. For some a good bang is a birthday treat.

Pets are not just for Christmas and neither, it seems, a good big bang!

Anonymous

Thanks Angela….

So now everyone is having a good bang all year round…

…and all I get is snap, crackle and pop!!!

Angela Booth
      Hostess

That’s what you get for eating Rice Crispies when you were younger – The body just Snaps, crackles and pops when you get older….

Anonymous

Bloody hell….so it’s all down to rice crispies….I never realised, thank you!!…..I must cancel the Coco pops too 😂😂

Here in Northern Ireland, it’s normally 31st October. I wouldn’t be bad to any animal, but I don’t like cats. Love dogs but. We had a few when I was growing up. Wouldn’t have one now as I couldn’t look after them.

Anonymous
      Lady

I’m not sure if they work but try putting one of those comfort jackets on your pet I think some of them are called Thunder vests.

Anonymous

Between the month of July 4th and December 31 worse times of the years for pets in the US Know my parents own 2 dogs one a mini pen other is a chinese cresent both hide under the bed when hearing those fireworks.  Think needing dog earplugs for those times of month.

Donna

Anonymous

Donna….how about head phones for pets???

They can listen to their favourite tunes during all of the celebrations….any ideas for their favourite songs????

Anonymous

that would be great oh a number one tune oldie from tom jones what new pussy cat.

Who lets the dogs out another. then those holly mentioned

Hi Grace,

Be safe when out on your stoop people watching.

Alice

The US equivalent is of course the 4th of July which seems to last through August. I was startled several nights while on late night walks this summer. Our city boom, bang, pow celebration is wonderful but there are dozens of locals trying their hardest to compete. It can get quiet noisy and your neck gets sore from twisting this way and that to see the showering sparks in every direction. Then there is the poor fire department racing to and fro putting out grass fires, roof fires and even car fires (Some idiot forgot to roll down his window before throwing out a lit cherry bomb. It bounced back into the bag of fireworks!)

Fortunately it’s too cold in the frozen north to do much on New Year’s Eve. Small five minute displays then everyone rushes back inside to throw confetti. If I’m not DJ’ing a party I will just watch the fireworks on tv. Much warmer and I can see all the important ones early; Sidney, Moscow, Berlin, Paris and London, and be in bed at an early hour.

As for the poor pets, oh my the poor angels just suffer. The cats seem to ignore it as they curl up in a ball and only twitch their ears. The dogs either hide under a bed or, as in the case of a former roommate’s dog, stand at the door on gaurd.

Ah, the celebrations of humans!

💣💥🐶😲

Beth

Anonymous

Oh Beth….just one wish…..dash cam footage of the cherry bomber!!!

The beauty of being a cat….nip around the estate the next night and c**p in all those ” bangers ” flowerbeds and doorsteps…I would!!

Huggs xx

Anonymous

I feel for you Grace. Around here the whole month of July, every night as I am trying to fall asleep some idiot in our neighborhood sets off a huge explosion.

Our dogs that we used to have were scared of the fireworks. Try letting your dog out for the night and right when they are trying to go potty, some idiot a few doors down sets off a giant firecracker! One dog we had would hide in the shower stall during fireworks. She would curl up in there and shake the entire time.

Fortunately the little guy we have now is scared of nothing! Sparky stop attacking that grizzly bear!

Anonymous

” sparky gets the grizzly”….great movie title x

ChloeC
      Duchess

I tend to be rather curious about the locations of the homes  of our fearless legislatures who passed all those ordinances allowing fireworks and then tended to ignore the finer points like policing outside of hours and very stiff fines.  Or more likely where their vacay homes are during those holidays.  Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if most of them live or vacation in private gated enclaves where actions like that are strictly ‘frowned’ upon by the local constabulary.

We live a block away from several homeowners who think nothing of sharing a few explosions until many hours past midnight, using any excuse they can imagine.

Years ago, we had a golden who was terrified of sounds, she would run down to the basement and hide under a table when a thunderstorm rolled through…or fireworks went off. If she was out, in 5 minutes she’d be in the next county.  Our cat nowadays probably doesn’t care for the sounds, but doesn’t bother to make her feelings known.

Amy Oxley
      Lady

Fireworks are heard all year round by us. It’s how the local drug dealers let everyone know the latest delivery has arrived. (I do not partake) Funny how the Police never seem to hear it?

Amy. X

Anonymous

I’m sorry Amy….it’s not funny at all but you see…

You are dealing with a warped mind here, and all I can imagine is…..

Everytime a car backfires….I see all these people in hoodies rushing out into the street..

NOTE….wearing a hoodie does not automatically make you a drug dealer or user….

( but in my town it’s almost a uniform )

Past help??….grace x

Amy Oxley
          Lady

Ha Ha. Don’t apologise. I was only making a light hearted observation.

People in hoodies… love it.

Amy. X

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?