Tagged: 

• This topic has 28 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 26 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

hi girls. something different to get your teeth into. for me the musical era’s from the 60’s to the 80’s brought with it some truly amazing songs and artists. although i was born in the 70’s i greatly appreciate the 60’s music too. over here in the u.k. artists and bands such as the beatles, Spandau ballet, wham!, the hollies, hermans hermits, thin lizzy, roxy music to name but a tiny few.

so come on girls!!! name your bands and artists that were your absolute favourite back in the day.

love and kisses, fiona xx

The beach boys in the sixties, all rock from the seventies, and girl groups of the eighties😊

Anonymous

My grandma still has all her 45’s from when she was a teen..I liked Herman’s Hermits,

Cowsills,  1910 fruit gum company…My grandma calls it all bubblegum music..My Grandpa has a bunch of albums from the Moody Blues, Emerson Lake and Palmer…

Here music makes me smile when I go to visit and listen to it

Morgan

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Great topic!  Music is so essential, so in no particular order: Blondie, The Ramones, Tom Waits, Pink Floyd, The Cure, Peter Gabriel, DEVO,  Bjork/The Sugarcubes, Clannad, The Temptations, The Beat, Kate Bush, Newcleus.  And so many more…. 🙂

Anonymous

Madonna
      The smiths
      dead can dance

Anonymous

Beatles, Beach Boys, Carole King, Carly Simon, Moody Blues, Manfred Mann, Bee Gees, Abba, most Tamla Motown artists of the 60s and early 70s , and Phil Spector produced groups.

Rachel

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

[quote quote=128712]Madonna

The smiths

dead can dance

[/quote]

Great choices Lisa!

I loved The Boxtops ,Floyd ,Carol King ,Cyndi Lauper ,Culture Club ,Tina Turner

Hi Fiona………..Rolling Stones….Dolly Parton, Animals, Kinks Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Vietnam time….lock and load…..rock and roll!

Dame Veronica

Hi

Do not forget Country Joe and the Fish and the Fish song. Big hit in the Army, was band on army post

Vicke

I was just listening to Roxy Music’s Greatest Hits the other day. Fantastic album.

I would have considered myself a “rock chick” back then.  Iron Maiden, Rainbow, Twisted Sister etc. 80s rock, best ever

Anonymous

the who, the stones, pink floyd, definitely floyd, I experimented with acid and mushrooms way back then and remember watching the wall on acid, yeah definitely floyd. Bob Seger, the eagles, fleetwood mac, meatloaf, the cars, supertramp, iron maiden, def leopard, too name a few.

hi heather, great selection there of artists. meatloaf is my wifes favorite band other than the police.

fiona xx

roxy music has to be one of my all time best bands of the 70s and 80s, bryan ferry was great.

fiona xx

Anonymous

Beatles, Stones, Who, Kinks, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Greatful Dead, Loudon Wainright the 3rd, Leo Kottke, Doors, Santana, New Riders of The Purple Sage, Jerry Jeff Walker, Allman Bothers, The Animals, T-Rex, Iggy Pop, The Band, King Crimson, Yardbirds, Jefferson Airplane, Richie Havens, Ten Years After

Anything Motown

Growing up In Chicago and the Blues – John Lee Hooker, BB King, Buddy Guy, Hound Dog Taylor, Koko Taylor and Junior Wells.

Anonymous

I have a collection of around 3,000 vinyl records and lost count of CDs and downloads etc…

But I was into hard rock/metal in the late 1970s/80s. Meant I could have long hair, wear tight ladies jeans and spandex, heeled boots etc.

My favourite band has to be Metallica at that time.

Everything they did and what they stood for resontes still – I’m talking about the 1983-6 Metallica, not the current corporate monster, although some of what they do is on the right page, and they are keeping their original spirit alive.

The whole attitude of being yourself to the maximum, not worrying about what others think, of taking yourself to the world, not pandering to the audience, and of reaching deep into your own creative spirit is still part of how I create music.

I listened to some stuff I produced 10-15 years ago, and was surprised to hear how much of my lyric writing refers to my life expetiences to date, with cross dressing a constant metaphor. Like I was trying to tell myself something!

…er… sidetracking again lol!

Answer: Metallica.

[quote quote=134856]I have a collection of around 3,000 vinyl records and lost count of CDs and downloads etc…

——

Answer: Metallica.

[/quote]
      3000 vinyl records – so jealous. I am a budding collector of vintage hi-fi equipment from the late 60s to the early 80s. And I love Metallica.

Authur Feilder and the Boston POP’s T J Brass CCR Dave Clark Five Brooker T and the M G’s

Vicki E.

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers.I have 10 Albums of them.All time fave.

Anonymous
      Lady

Beatles, Beach Boys, Carole King, range of Tamla Motown artists and Phil Spector wall of sound hits..

Rachel

Anonymous

Journey! always journey lol

Adam and the Ants were my 1st musical love as a kid. ‘Ridicule is nothing to be afraid of’ 👍 x

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I like most of the rock and roll already mentioned.  I also liked much of was called easy listening like the Carpenters and the Captian and Teneal.  In fact back when I first got into CD Karen Carpenter was my model, I tried to lip sink her.

Sandy

Anonymous

Fiona,

Not an easy question for me.  In my heart, I’m a Jazz Baby, and all of my really favorite music is from the “other” Twenties:  Bix, Jelly Roll Morton, Red Nichols; Cliff Edwards, Bessie Smith.

From the 60’s:  ELVIS, Fats Domino, Brenda Lee (named our first daughter after her)

Nothing from the 70’s that I can recall

The 80’s was all Country/Western:  Mickey Gilley (my neighbor for a time), George Jones & Tammy Wynette,

and Loretta Lynn.

And I expect most of you won;t recognize any of those names, other than The King.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

As a child of the late 50’s and 60’s, I fell in love with guitar instrumentals and Hank Marvin became and still is my “Guitar God” and of course the rest of the “Shads” as well. I learned guitar in my teens, but once marriage, kids and work got in the way, only started playing again when I retired.. I have a Fender “Strat” and two excellent Oz made “Maton’s”.

Ventures and “Walk Dont Run”, easy then, but struggle to play it now, dont really know why.

Vocally.. male Johnny Rivers, Roy Orbison and all the other 60’/70’s rockers. female Carole King, Linda Rondstadt, (with a special love for her “Nelson Riddle/ torch song” albums. I used to put my make up on whilst these were playing..)

Any male or female artist who can not only sing their material, but write it as well. Carole King is the shining example.

Now for a plug for “Oz” Artists. Judith Durham..  the voice of an angel.. Brian Cadd, Glenn Shorrock/Little River Band and at one stage John Williamson for all is “Oz” style country music. Don Burrows was a world renowned jazz musician, same again for Tommy Emannual on guitar.

Happy listening

Caty

ChloeC
      Duchess

I liked a lot of the groups of the 60’s and going into the 70’s, but the first two albums I purchased were by the Four Seasons, and especially We Five. For years I wondered why Bev Bivens just dropped out the music scene so quickly. I also really liked Shelby Flint’s Cast Your Fate to the Wind, Merrilee Rush’s Angel of the Morning. Judith Durham of the Seekers. Gee, there’s a pattern here almost. First live group I saw was The Outsiders.  Into the 70’s I listened a lot to John Denver. Tho, I do go back and listen to Marmalade, Reflections of My Mind a lot now.

Always loved Aerosmith and Def Leopard

Cece X
      Lady

The Rolling Stones, without a doubt. The Doors with Jim Morrison were second.

Anonymous

1984 – 1986: Motley Crue

1987: Whitesnake and Guns ‘n Roses

1988 – 1990: Metallica

As I got older, I went back in time and discovered the great British groups of the 60s and 70s, and they became my main influences. In no particular order:

The Beatles

The Who

Black Sabbath

Pink Floyd

Queen

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?