• This topic has 36 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Jones.
Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I got my 2nd shot Wednesday, and adout mid afternoon today a damn truck ran right through me. Or at least it felt that way. I finished work today, but already texted the boss I’m out tomorrow. I’m glad I got it, but dang, did anyone get the number of that truck?

Bridgette

Anonymous

Sorry you’re not feeling well Bridgette!
      🙏 🌸🌺

Anonymous

Bridgette  get well soon maybe try to go back to Dr

Sorry I had COVID and it hurt. I don’t really know what to do. I know that some are allergic to the vaccine. From what I have studied it is a dead virus in the shot. You can’t get the virus from the shot. You can still get sick especially if you are allergic to something in it. Should I get the shot? I already have the antibodies to defend against it. My family is in the medical profession on the science side and I can’t get clear answers from them.
      Get well soon.

❤️
      Octavia

The shot is a protein blocker type vaccine that supposedly teaches the immune system to fight a certain protein, which is what the virus uses to invade your system. It’s not easy to say if you should get the vaccine or not, just based on having covid before. There are so many strains now. Who really knows how many strains are affected by the vaccine? There’s one in Brazil that’s taken over there that people who already had covid are getting sick with. I fear that despite all these different vaccines, we’re still early days. I do feel much better today. Yesterday was probably the immune system learning how to fight covid, and kicking my butt in the process.

Bridgette

Anonymous

Bridgette,

I’ve heard that from several people who have had that 2nd shot. But at least you have it now!

I already had COVID in December, so I’m not terribly interested in getting the vaccine — especially since there are people in much higher risk categories who should get them first. Plus, I think they’ll keep looking for blood from people who have had COVID but haven’t yet had the vaccine, so I might be able to be of some help.

As for COVID itself, my only symptom was lost of taste and smell. Everyone in my house got it (starting with my wife), and nobody had any symptom worse than a minor 1-2 day cold. But was all lost taste/smell. Mine still hasn’t come back.

God bless!
      Steph

Anonymous

[postquote quote=457746]
      my opinion is this take it with a grain of salt. Would try to stay away from these shots. Since say had it and now have antibodies and no signs of illness or such.  Should be ok. But please use own judgement and don’t really listen to some. But if was me would not get the shot.  Have been fine from start of this virus and did get the test and was neg to add. plus showed had antibodies. Might had it back in November small case year ago. but with antibotics and all got rid of it. They say its been floating around longer then when reported. Just try to stay away from large groups of people in inclosed area. and wear a mask.

Anonymous

Hi Bridgette,

Was that the Pfizer vaccine ? One of my friends volunteers at the local jab centre, so was fast tracked. With Pfizer. His first jab was fine, his second one knocked him a bit sideways for a day. He took some OTC pain relief and was fine the next day.

Hope you are over it now. On the plus side you are a lucky bunny! I can’t wait for my second shot.

Marti x

This was the Moderna vaccine. First one was just fatigue, this one was a Mack truck!

B

Anonymous

Bridgette…

I know at least a dozen people who have had both shots… virtually all the same…. a day, two at the most and then they were fine….chin up honey, hopefully now you are truckproof!!!!

(Disclaimer…getting both jabs does not mean standing in front of a moving truck is a healthy option.)

Huggs, grace ❤️

I was lucky, B.

I got #2 (Pfizer) on Tuesday. I was waiting for something to happen. Nothing, Absolutely fine.

Get better, Bridgette.

Big hug to you girl,

Lee Ann

IsabelB
      Lady

Hi Bridgitte,

It’s not particularly uncommon for people to have this sort of a reaction after any vaccine and particularly after a booster – it can often be a good sign – shows your immune system is reacting and is busy – that  can result in some tiredness and, possibly, soreness.  Varies from person – we’re all different!
      Yes, a few people have had allergic reactions – that’s part of the reason for the 10-15 minute wait post vaccination – any serious allergic reaction will manifest itself in that time.

Having said that, if it persists, do talk to your doctor.  Apart from anything else, it could be some other reason; don’t assume causation.

My father (87) had much the same feeling as yourself after the second shot.  I have yet to receive the vaccine, but will certainly do so as soon as I can.

Worst one I ever had was the smallpox vaccine (I worked in a research lab at the time) – very sore, very tired, fine after a few days.

Isabel x

I got the small pox vaccine in boot camp, along with so many others, who knew what was going on, plus the military theory of vaccination is to triple the physical training that was already going on, that way you’re to worn out to know which way was up.

Bridgette

Anonymous

Hi Bridgette I’ve not had my first shot yet, I got a letter from the NHS and they said i can either go to my doctor or to a vaccine center to have it done, it said on the letter my doctor will ring me to arrange for an appointment but I’m still waiting, so today i rang the number on the letter and arranged it myself at a vaccine center I’ve got to wait until the 14th of March to get my first shot then my second shot is not till June x

Hugs Rozalyne x

Ugh! So sorry to hear this. I go for my second shot in about 8 hours! Gulp! (I may be out of touch for a bit ladies) I’ll keep a look out for the number of that truck!

Good luck, it hits everyone a little differently. I’ll pray with you.

B

I was unusually fatigued the day after my second shot. I am in season though, and my sleep schedule is always wacky when in season between coaching and teaching. That week was especially bad for sleeping, so I am not sure how much of the fatigue was from my schedule, and how much was from the vaccine.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Kate
      Baroness

I had Moderna as well, first shot felt like it was given with brass knuckles but I felt fine. The second, about 12 hours after the injection, ached all over and was out of commission for the whole next day. I sure hope it keeps us protected from the variants coming our way. The vaccinations are really ramping up, maybe somewhat back to normal soon?

Becka
      Lady

Stay well gurl!

My 2nd one is coming up in a few weeks!

Anonymous

Hi Bridgette…

Glad you had it honey….nobody wants to end up with covid…let alone being hooked up to a ventilator..

As for the truck…..I’m so sorry, you came out of nowhere, I just couldn’t brake in time…..

burning rubber, grace xx

LMAO! I should’ve known!

Bridgette

Oh, that was you?!? You whacked both Bridgette AND me on different days with the same truck!

What were you doing driving a lorry on this side of the pond? And on the “wrong” side of the road, no less!

Anonymous

Sorry Camryn….

Imagine the shock, just driving down the road, minding my own business….and all you girls driving on the wrong side of the road…I swerved about 16 times before I managed to get Bridgette….

…I didn’t even see you Camryn…lol

ChloeC
      Duchess

Good for you Bridgette.

Im personally glad ive had both my shots. Neither hurt that much at all and no noticeable side effects. Havent had side effects with the past several years of flu shots nor with the 2 shingles shots. And somewhat miraculously I guess with all the shots ive had over my life, I havent grown a third arm or even an 11th toe. And i feel much more comfortable going out as well as spending time with close friends who’ve also had their shots (although i still wear a mask where required as a courtesy to others and as a good citizen).

Hey if someone doesnt want to get a shot thats their right but its not their right to infect anyone else and not knowing if you’re a carrier (ignorance…or arrogance) is not an excuse.

I’m due to get my 2nd Moderna shot next Thursday.  Thanks for giving me a heads up about the effects, hon.

Jill Marshall
      Duchess

I got my second Pfizer dose last Thursday (4/1) at 3 and was not fully back to normal until I had slept through Saturday night. Friday was a real slog! I know one can’t infer too much from it but I’m glad I haven’t felt that way at any other time in the past year.

I too had the Pfizer, 2nd shot made me very tired the next day but that was it.

Hey Bridgette.
      The second shot kicked my wife’s butt for a day and a half.  I hope that you are feeling better soon. I just signed up for mine. I had the virus so I hope that the shot doesn’t do anything to me.

💜

Octavia

[postquote quote=474019]

COVID-19 and the various strains has been found to be particularly virulent, and has killed a lot of people. We need to be immunised against it to stop the spread and protect the vulnerable. Even if you’ve had it, you can get it again and pass it on. It’s not about protecting you, it’s about protecting others. To refuse to have the shot is therefore selfish.

No vaccine is 100% effective or indeed safe, especially of this type.

It will not make you less human or alter your DNA – wherever did you read this fairy tale ?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victoriaforster/2021/01/11/covid-19-vaccines-cant-alter-your-dna-heres-why/

You’ll be telling me next that Bill Gates intends to stick a microchip in the vaccine to track us all… and we all know what baloney that turned out to be! Kerrrrang!!!!

The vaccine is to protect the vulnerable.

DO NOT BE SELFISH.

Love Laura.

Anonymous

Well said Laura….over 100,000 people in the UK did not have the chance to have the vaccine….and are gone!!!

please let’s not lose anymore xx

Anonymous

Bridgette,

I have had my 2nd shot of the Covid vaccination and with both shots I had no side effects whatsoever. I had the Pfizer  vaccines.

Kathleen

One of my coworkers didn’t either. Some folks get all the luck, and I get run over by Grace, lol!

Bridgette… watching out for traffic!

Me too Kathleen.

Second what Stephanie said. My second shot was fine at first, then 12 hours later I had horrible chills and the next day felt like the flu. By 48 hours was back to normal. Hope all is well for you now!

Well, it would obviously be rude to content on another countries political decisions, but in answer to the far more important question, I’d say depending on weather, go with a short top and a mid-thigh to knee length skirt would be appropriate, along with the hosiery of choice, within taste, of course! Wouldn’t want long sleeves to get in the way of a needle, what?

Bridgette

Glad it didn’t bother you too much, hun.

Bridgette

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The topic ‘2nd Covid shot’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?