Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

As it’s late spring in the UK and the weather hasn’t warmed up as yet,I feel that I am not ready to put my black opaque tights away until the autumn.It’s probably too warm for 40 denier but 30 denier seem to fit the bill.I bought a 3 pair pack of the Marks & Spencer( in the UK) Body Senser tights with reasonably good results.I wore a pair the day paired with one of my black skirts and they look quite nice.Quality is better than the last pack I bought from there two years ago.They do seem to slip down a bit after I have been to the bathroom but if I give a good hitch up they are generally okay.I am medium but I am wondering if I should buy the next size up next time I buy a pack.

I’m still regularly wearing tights with dresses and short shorts , and I’m in the UK.

I personally prefer the look and feel of 60 denier and above and buy large size simply because they will suit my longer legs .

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Some are prone to slippage no matter the size. We haven’t the hips to keep them in place. I always check to see if they contain Lycra which seems to hold you a bit tighter and don’t stretch out as much.

Anonymous

Hi, I love opaque tights. I always get them with lycra and mine seem to hold up ok. My favourite colour is blue but I like black and I have a gorgeous grey pair. They’re 200 denier so winter wear only. Wow! This is my first post on CDH about clothes! What a lovely feeling to talk about clothes! Sorry.

I’ve found that quality (ie. pricey) hosiery is the way to go. My go to brand of tights are Wolford, they last a long while and feel so good over shaven legs! Gone are the days of buying cheap rubbish that ladders on first contact.

Hi Roberta,

I have had good luck with Hanes Premium Opaque Black and No Nonsense Super-Opaque tights for that dark leg look.  In warmer weather I may wear Sheer Energy black which is still black but not as intense.  When I worked in Vegas, I learned that lots of the dancers wore  Capezio tights in beige or black.  Those seemed to be about a 50 denier and were quite tough.

I hope that is useful information for you.     Marg

I

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?