Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

A small disaster happened today. I was volunteering at a community event by running the BBQ when a large grease fire flashed off the grill. Thankfully, I had my bangs held back by a baseball cap, but the fire still got my face and some of my side bangs.

In total I burned off half my eyebrows, 3/4 of my eyelashes, and 1.5″ of hair off the left side of my head, of which needed another half inch of trimming to cut out the melted ends. My Summer hair goals just became Autumn hair goals 😭

I know this is a minor complaint. But, everyone else there thought it was funny because “I needed a haircut anyways”. I’m just not super impressed right now and I have no one to commiserate with.

I’m torn with trimming all my hair by 2″ to make it even or living with uneven hair. And, I guess I don’t need to think about mascara for a few weeks either…

(As a silver lining, my eyebrows actually look kinda good now that they are super short.)

It’s BBQ/campfire season ladies, be careful out there ❤

Foxy –

OMG sorry to hear that happened to you,  While what you describe is upsetting be thankful as it could have been worse.  One thing about hair is that it will grow back, so maybe it is a blessing in disguise.  It’s unfortunate about the eyebrows but as you say it is a  silver lining, maybe now that they are short you can work on keeping them that way.

Hope your recovery goes well and in the future be careful.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Oh my Foxy, that must have, well…. to be blunt, that sucks!  I would consider losing over half my eyebrows, eyelashes, and a couple of inches of hair more than a ‘minor’ complaint or issue!  At least this is one wound that time will heal, as the hair grows back.  You will need a big pair of sunglasses…

You may want to wear a full face guard next time you bbq! 🙂

Hope you heal up soon, and Be Careful!!

Stevie

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Foxy,

Sorry to hear about that! It must have been terrifying, so glad it wasn’t worse!

Hmm, that lining could be very silvery, what a great excuse to start shaping your brows as they grow back. “ I don’t know, they just grew back like this, all trimmed and perfectly arched. I guess I’ll just have to live with it.”

I hope your hair beats your expectations growing back!

Hugs,

Lara

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Wow that could have been worse. I have done a few in my time and use a spray of water to wash the coals, stand well back!. If it is a wood one in a half cut barrel I have a watering can to damp down and keep the heat under control.

Suzanne has a point that now you could keep your eyebrows in a more femme shape and cut the hair in a more femme style. 

Hi Foxy as this is never a joking matter could have been lots worse happy for you that it didnot …  But been there and did that also wasent pleasent no scars except mental ones they also heal good luck girlfriend  .. On a lighter note Happy mothers date girl ..

Stephanie Bass

Oh Foxy, I’m so sorry to hear about your bad experience.  I’ve had a few toasty experiences too while welding and have since gotten much more careful.  Nevertheless, in my case I was tempted to cut it back but instead just washed it twice in 3 days with Head and Shoulders and the burnt ends just sort of dropped off.  Then I didn’t lose as much as if I got it trimmed.  After 3 weeks even I couldn’t tell what had happened.  I’d also trim both eyebrows close to the skin until they match.  So, maybe this will work for you with your hair recovery.  I hope you are able to enjoy your summer.    Marg

Oh my! Scary!

I worry about safety around open flames quite a bit. Since my male half has little hair left  (thanks Mom and Dad for that wonderful genetic inheritance 😟) I wear a wig when en femme. Wigs, especially synthetic ones, are extremely susceptible to fire and heat. Since I am part Native American my fire of choice is a wood fire pit used for ceremonial purposes. During the ceremony it is little more than a small fire and coals but starting it involves a pretty good fire. This is a nervous period for me. Getting it going properly keeps me on guard. Once burning properly it only needs minor care to keep smoke rising to the Spirits.

I am Two Spirit so I am either male or female as mood, situation or need demands. I present mostly as female so I wear the wig… a lot! Fortunately one of my spirit familiar’s is Water and she keeps me safe.

So yes girls, remember, whether you have long natural hair or a wig to be safe around BBQ’s, fire pits, Tiki torches, candles or any open flame.

Beth

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?