- April 30, 2021 at 4:54 pm #486055Kelli MarloweParticipantRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 62Has thanked: 727 timesBeen thanked: 377 times
As a small town closeted gurl, I never, hardly ever leave my home dressed as Kelli, much less go shopping. Living in a small town, and knowing hundreds of people, I dare not shop at the local Walmart or any other store for gurl stuff.
so there’s been E Bay, no complaints until they started their “Buy Again” feature, which indelibly logs all your purchases and they cannot be hidden.
had to go to a site 70 miles away for the vaccine, decided it was safe enough to load up on revlon at their Walmart. I usually abhor self checkouts, but in this case, very handy.No judgment from the automated cashier about a middle aged guy stocking up on eye makeup!
20 users thanked author for this post.
- May 4, 2021 at 10:32 am #487794Leslies Ann Gray GirlLadyRegistered On: September 22, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 141Has thanked: 344 timesBeen thanked: 543 times
Hi Ladies , i have a Wal Mart CC and love it , i get money back the more i spend and all my stuff comes to my door , neat . If you know all of your sizes its so great and there’s a lot more available to purchase . Getting a credit card form them is so easy and you get an immediately % off your first purchase . I have shopped in person and it was nice also , but just not as a great a selection as on line . Keep shopping girls , your helping the economy . Leslie
- May 4, 2021 at 6:30 am #487656
- May 4, 2021 at 6:19 am #487652Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 719Has thanked: 4514 timesBeen thanked: 2752 times
Hi Kelli It must not be easy living in a small town knowing a lot of people. You are right self check outs are perfect when buying a few fem items. I do not know why but something always goes wrong for me. The item will not scan or the bar code is on a angle ultimately one of the girls stationed at the self check out would have to come over to help. It gets better when they have to call the manager and the manager would call some one over to tell another person get another one from the shelf. In mean time you are standing there with two woman looking at the other items to be scanned. The more you do it the easier it gets. I am just waiting for the time when one of my neighbors see’s me while shopping and notice’s some cute in my cart. Its a good thing my wife knows everything about me it would be nerve racking for sure. At the end of the day no one cares what you buying or for who you are buying it for. We are all just people trying to get through the day with the least amount of trouble. The easiest way to think about it is you are buying for your wife or daughter and that is a nice thing to do.
- May 4, 2021 at 4:05 am #487592Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1609Has thanked: 1202 timesBeen thanked: 4331 times
I’ve been buying my own pantyhose and a few bras and panties since I was 13. At 17, I bought some short shorts, a pair of platform wedge heels and a couple of wigs. I began wearing those things out.
I’ve been asked if the pantyhose was for me. I’ve been told I have nice legs and got asked if the pantyhose I was wearing was what I was buying.
The first time that happened I was a bit freaked. OMG! I was outed. They would know I wore pantyhose. What an exciting thought. I said “yes” and joined the hosiery club. Other times I had very stimulating conversations and even got a few dates out of it.
I guess the more you dress and go out, or even shop in drab, it’s inevitable at some point you may experience this. How you handle it, I think makes all the difference in it being and exciting experience or a nightmare.
- May 3, 2021 at 2:49 pm #487294Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2109Has thanked: 4226 timesBeen thanked: 7584 times
My first gurl purchases were ladies’ tees, and I was nervous about even those. My first bra and panty purchase was a white-knuckle event, even with self-checkout. That was about 4 years ago; now, I browse through the women’s clothes sections without a second thought, whether Dressed or in drab. Self-acceptance made the difference. It will take some time, but you will get to the same place, someday.
- May 3, 2021 at 2:22 pm #487284Pumped ForheelsLadyRegistered On: November 22, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 63Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 205 times
I use either check out, i don’t care and I shop at home.
I picked up a cute powder pink bra and panties, they had both thong and bikini so had to buy both! The checkout was a 20 year old gal and she held them up as she put them in the bag and said they were cute and would look good on me. I told her I thought so too, that is why I bought them. I wasn’t sure if she was messing with me, or thought was messing with her, but she was pleasant and smiled to whole time.
I have also bough high heels at the DSW near me and they never say anything. Went with my wife one time and we both bought a few pairs of heels, hers are size 6-1/2, mine are 10. Not one word, just a pleasant interaction with the checkout.
- May 3, 2021 at 7:26 am #487111Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 923Has thanked: 13050 timesBeen thanked: 3406 times
I just hate the self checkout things. It’s rather deal with a person, whatever I’m buying, or however I present. I don’t care about buying bras, makeup, nylons, whatever. I’ll just smile at the cashier (not that they can see that very well these days) and pay for my stuff. I’m not there to fit into their definitions, they’re there to serve me. Well, rant over. That’s just my take…
- May 3, 2021 at 6:45 am #487094Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 338Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
I prefer checkout with a live person. I enjoy the few seconds of interaction, especially when she says: “Oooh, that color will look good on you!”
I usually have some sort of girly accessory such as hair ribbons, jewelry, or nail polish on. I find that as soon as you own up to shopping for yourself, you cease being a pervert and become a customer.
- May 3, 2021 at 5:48 am #487064Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 450Has thanked: 371 timesBeen thanked: 1931 times
I remember the days when self check out never existed. Buying stuff for Wendy meant an actual breathing human for check out. It was really awkward for me putting women’s items for it to be rung thru while the cashier rang it up.
Now, I love self check out. Just scan, pay, and go.
- April 30, 2021 at 11:33 pm #486155LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 48Replies: 553Has thanked: 444 timesBeen thanked: 2576 times
You missed an opportunity. It’s a lovely feeling to go to a check out with make up or even bra and panties. You were away from your home town and effectively anonymous. The guys and girls on check outs have seen it before and quite frankly don’t care or are supportive if only because you bring interest to a fairly boring job. The first few times are scary but you missed a little thrill of just being Kelli shopping.
Give it go next time you will love it
- April 30, 2021 at 11:07 pm #486149Stephanie HayesLadyRegistered On: December 14, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 77Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 189 times
If I feel the need to, I’ll add screenshots of Kroger;s app to my phone, so I can swipe left or right and look like I’m confused browsing for my wife XD I was a cashier in high school and use self checkout as much as I can. Its just faster and more convenient for me. Yea, there are more cameras there, but they only care if you try to shoplift, not if you actually ring up and buy your stuff.
Edit: If I feel the need to act its like, “how is beige different from nude what is this, foundation, whats foundation?” “Oh, those are makeup wipe, I recognize those from our sink.” “Nail polish remover, this is just acetone, I could get that cheaper at lowes in bulk. But she wants the lemon scent, damnit.” Think Putty from Seinfeld, or Kronk from Emperors New Groove if your too young for Seinfeld.
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Stephanie Hayes.
- May 4, 2021 at 6:11 am #487650MelanieElizabethLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 121Has thanked: 262 timesBeen thanked: 675 times
Omg Stephanie that’s so funny! The acting confused part that is. I’ve done that more than a few times. I’ve gone so far as holding my phone to my ear like I was being instructed what to get even though no one was on the other end. Obviously it was a silly thing to do, every married man has been sent out to pick up a feminine item or two through the years. It’s really not that strange even though it can feel that way.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 30, 2021 at 9:39 pm #486131Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 140Has thanked: 298 timesBeen thanked: 598 times
- April 30, 2021 at 8:54 pm #486125K SwimLadyRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 641Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 1228 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.