Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Yesterday evening I had a chance to get out and be me. I took full advantage of the opportunity, got all dolled up , took a short drive, and walked all around the downtown area of Newburyport MA. It was otherwise uneventful, as most of the shops were closed, but walking around window shopping and venturing along the river boardwalk was all the excitement I needed. I can’t wait to do it again.

~Charris

It is fun to go out and see the world.

Good for you👍 Start with the first ‘baby steps’. And move forward slowly and in time you will feel so confident and relaxed you’ll feel like a real GG walking in public. Just remember rule # 1- don’t over dress for wherever you’re going with getting too dolled up. Blend in by wearing appropriate clothing for where ever you’re going, work on your walk and deportment , example: high heels and nice dress is not necessary in a mall or grocery store or doing errands. I’ve been going out in public 60+ years and had lots of experience.

Good luck 🍀 and keep your seams straight with your stockings and garters😉

Meghan

Good for you Charris because its the little things like this that are so exciting when first coming out. As said take baby steps like short drives. pumping gas, going into an uncrowded convenience store to purchase something or walking around a park. Just dress for your surroundings and show confidence like it no big deal.

Well done Charris! It takes a lot of courage to do what you did. I am still to take my first steps out and I find it inspiring that other do it. Here’s to more walks in public and for a future were we all don’t feel scared to do this simple task….walking out in public, dressed as we feel we ought to be and being accepted for who we are.
      Well done once again.
      Hugs
      Christine

Angela Booth
      Hostess

A few confidence boosting trips like that and you’ll be going when the shops are open.

J J
      Lady

I am happy you had such an enjoyable time, and hope you have many more. It is wonderful to just be out and about dressed, and the location or event is not terribly important to me, just the being out part is the key.

It is just enjoyable to feel free when out in public just doing normal things. It normalizes our dressing, which is a goal we all should hope to achieve…being normal.

Anonymous

Good for you! Each time you venture out, you will feel a little more comfortable. Pick a day when the shops are open and make a real shopping trip out of it. Then, stop at a cute little coffee shop and enjoy the full experience of being out and about.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Feels wonderful to be out and about, doesn’t it Charris?

Sounds like a lot of fun, dear.

Hugs & kisses,
      W.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I think going out is the ultimate crossdresser experience, even if it’s just walking from the house to the car, driving around a little, driving back home and walking from the car to the house. Then on one of your drives, you may decide to get out of the car and walk around where there is no one else around. Then you go where people are nearby. Were you seen? You decide to get closer. You walk past them. Did they notice you? Your heart races, you are very nervous and even more excited.

You begin to get bolder. You do all your out in public adventures around people You’re looking to see if anyone is looking at you, maybe even seeing if people will react. You go into stores and do some browsing. Then you see some pantyhose, bras, panties and a few dresses you absolutely must have. You want to get them so much, but you’re really scared. You walk about the store some more looking at other things, but you can’t stop thinking about the pantyhose, bras, panties and dresses. You must have them. They call to you. If you come back in guy mode at a later time will they be gone? Is someone even buying them now? If you go back to them will they even still be there.

You head back to them. They are all still there. OMG! Thank you lord. You begin putting them in your cart. Will someone notice a guy wearing girl’s clothes and buying girl’s clothes?, or will they see a girl buying girl’s clothes. One thought makes you nervous, the other excites you. You notice several pairs of pantyhose in your size. You decided to get them all. Then you notice some other great bras. You should get them too. Matching bras and panties. YES! Must have those. You go over to the dresses. You see the dresses you wanted. You put them in the cart. Then you see a few more you like just as much. Which ones should you get? All of them.

So now you have a dozen pairs of pantyhose or more, about the same number of bras, maybe twice as many pairs of panties and 7 or 8 dresses. You begin walking towards the register. You feel the experience of walking in your heels. The pantyhose you are wearing feels nice as they gently caress your legs. Your breasts are gently bouncing in your bra. Your pretty hair is gently touching you face. You are in some sort of euphoric femme haze. But you are getting nervous heading toward the register. Reality starts setting in. You are very nervous. There’s lot of people around. You will have to get inline. You can’t do it. But you must. You can’t leave without these things. You’re scared and excited at the same time. You advance on the line. You begin sweating and shaking as your turn gets closer. You put your clothes on the belt. Everyone can see what you’re buying. What will they think?

You get rung up. You are shaking as you get out your form of payment. You’re trying to calm down but to no avail. Somehow you manage to complete the transaction. You gather up your things and head for the exit. You are still shaking. You walk back to your car. You get in. You breathe a sigh of relief. You did it.

You went from quickly walking from the house to the car to going in a store and buying femme clothing items. You got bolder and bolder each step of the way culminating in this. You begin to go out more and more. You enjoy the rush and excitement of being around people, getting looks and even some compliments.

You still get nervous when you’re out , but the thrill, rush and excitement is too much to resist.

J J
        Lady

With some slight variations, this is the classic road many of us have traveled, or will be traveling. It certainly could describe my forays into public. Thanks for that write up.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by J J.

That describes it perfectly for newbies first timers taking those initial high heel baby steps, the only thing to be scared, nervous and self conscious about is YOU! Not anyone around you because Nobody is looking at you. The biggest mistakes first time CD s venturing out is looking over their shoulder , looking suspicious like a shop lifter, looking down and not keeping your head up and making eye contact and smiling at women passing you. They do that always anyway , not because you’ve been read but it’s a female thing. Confidence, confidence!!!! You are in control of how you present yourself and ‘ not being noticed’, so relax, chill out- go to the ladies room and use the toilet before you pee your panties dear😉

Meghan

Patty Phose
          Duchess

I had been dressing since I was 4. I was always fascinated with women’s clothes. I wanted all the pretty clothes. I dreamed and fantasized about being dressed in my pantyhose, heels, dress and pretty hair and being outside where people could see how pretty I was.

At 13, I began buying my own pantyhose, bras and panties. I was never nervous about buying them, but I was excited about wearing them.

At 17, I decided it was time to go out. I bought a pair of platform wedge heels, several pairs of short shorts and made some breastforms out of old pantyhose. When I put my little outfit on, I was thrilled. My legs looked so sexy and incredible in my pantyhose and wedges, shown off so nicely in my little shorts. I had nice breasts, but I needed hair. I had to have pretty girl’s hair.

There was a wig shop that had what I thought would be the perfect wig. I had often stopped in front of the store and admired that wig in the window. Now I had to have that wig. I got into guy mode and headed to the wig shop. I saw the wig I wanted and suddenly fear struck me. I was afraid to go in and buy it. I walked away got my nerve up and went back. Fear came racing back. I just could not do it. The same thing happened several times over the next few weeks. I wanted that wig so much but was afraid to go in and buy it.

Finally I concocted a story about being in a play at school and I needed long hair. I saw that wig in the window and thought that’s what I need. I was trembling and sweating as I was stuttering and fumbling the words. Fear told me to get out and run away. The proprietor went in the back and came back with two wigs. One was the same brown on in the window, the other, the same style but lighter.

She asked if I wanted to try them on. I noticed a change, my fear seemed to go away and was replaced with excitement. I put on the brown wig. WOW! I loved it. I wished I was wearing my little Daisy Duke style outfit. Then I put on the lighter one. OMG! Loved that one too. I had to have them both.

When I got back home and put on my outfit with my wigs, I was stunned and shocked when I looked in the mirror. There was a beautiful, sexy girl with incredible, long sexy legs in pantyhose and wedge heels, being show off so wonderfully in the little shorts. I had nice breasts. Taking in my whole self, I loved my pretty hair. I had everything I needed to go out. I couldn’t wait.

I hid my heels, breastforms and wig in the trunk of my car. I left the house underdressed in my pantyhose, little shorts and bra. I drove to a nearby park. I got the shoes, wig and breastforms out of the trunk. Back in the car, I slid off my long pants and put on my shoes. Looking at my legs shining in the sunlight, I was tingling with anticipation. I put my breastforms in my bra. Seeing my breasts and my legs, my excitement built. I put on my wig and checked it in the mirror.

OK. This is it. I opened the car door. My legs in my pantyhose were gleaming in the sunlight. What an amazing sight. I stood up, looked around and shut the car door. There was some people off in the distance. I was so incredibly excited. I walked around the parking lot showing myself and wondering what those who might see me thought. Then I got back in the car and went for a drive. I got out in several more places and walked around a little when I did.

After a few more outings like this, I decided it was time to get bolder. I was going to walk right up to people. When I began getting close, fear came at me and I walked away. I tried again and again. Then one time getting out of the car, a woman stopped at the car next to me. I felt a brief pang of fear, but then an intense rush of excitement overcame me. I walked up to the shopping center. There was people nearby. It was a strip mall. I looked in the window as people passed by. watching their reflections in the glass. I slowly strode from one end of the shopping center and back, stopping to glance in the window as people went by. My excitement and thrill level was insane.

After returning home, I figured I crossed a threshold. I could go out dressed without fear and enjoy the rush and thrill. I could go and do anything I pleased. That wasn’t to be. I would be walking up to a store or group of people, get nervous and leave. So many attempts, so many failures because of fear.

Even though I had been buying my own pantyhose since I was 13, I wanted to do it en femme. Way easier said then done. I was scared to go in the store. Never overcame that. Just learned to do it anyway in spite of the fear. Go right over and get some pantyhose. No, not right away. If someone was nearby or looking at pantyhose, I walked away. It took many more attempts before I picked out several pairs of pantyhose and headed to the register. I was very nervous getting in line. Did anyone notice I was wearing pantyhose and buying pantyhose? Were they looking at my legs? Did they see a pretty girl or guy dressed like a girl? These and countless other thoughts were racing through my mind. I was shaking, sweating and my face felt hot as my heart was pounding. Somehow I made it through the transaction and left the store. it was exciting , thrilling and scary all at the same time.

Yes, it would be great to be confident and fearless. I envy and admire those who are like that and go out so comfortably and naturally when femme. Unfortunately, that is not me. I have always felt nervous and scared, but if I could get past that, I experienced some of the most amazing thrills, rush and excitement. Still though, for maybe 100 times I’ve been out confidentially, I’ve easily chickened out 2000 times.

Patty,

I couldn’t agree more. Especially your last 2 lines sums up any outings perfectly for me.

~Charris

Patty Phose
            Duchess

Thank you Charris. Yes, going out is incredibly thrilling, exciting and a rush like nothing else. I think it’s the ultimate crossdresser experience. And I think the bolder you are and the more adventurous you are, the greater and more intense the thrills, excitement and rush gets.

I thought being femme and being out was the ultimate experience. Then I thought being close to and around people would be even more of a rush and thrill. It was. Then I thought being dressed like Daisy Duke in pantyhose, short shorts and platform wedge heels and shop for and buy pantyhose would be the ultimate experience.

Then I decided to go shoe shopping in my Daisy Duke outfit. I tried on shoes, walked about the store, posed in mirrors and got thumbs up and yes nods from other customers. That was even crazier than the pantyhose buying experiences.

Then at 18, I got my own place, upgraded my wardrobe, dressed at home all the time and went out often. I went shopping, to parties at college and often just walked about in public and on the college campus.

I got bolder and more daring, but it took a lot of chickening out many times before I pulled off some of my boldest adventures. I do respect and admire those who are totally comfortable and confident with their femme persona and feel no fear or anxiety. I wish I could be like that or at least more like that. I’ve never been able to cross that threshold.

Good for you Charris! Have fun

Becka
      Lady

How lovely!

Love visualizing your outing.

For me it is touching for some reason.

Love,
      Becka

Good for you Charris!!!! Reading your post has me thinking of doing the same tonight. I am already dressed complete. Just need that courage to go through the door. I am almost there!!!! Keep going Girl!!!!

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Wonderful feeling wasn’t it. I enjoyed such a experience which seems a while ago as I’ve been out many times since. But I will never forget that first time as likely you.  It  will now get easier but always remember never forget your safety and never lack your attention to everything around you. Till your next adventure..🌷

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?