Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I think this would be the correct thread for these questions; if not, I apologize in advance. And, warning, this is a long post.

I’m new to cross dressing. Only been doing it now for a maybe a couple of months and still very much in the process of finding my style with the wife’s help. We had our first outing together with me fully dressed with wig and makeup a few days ago. It was a blast and never got more than a few quick double takes as we walked by.

But I have been wondering about a couple of things.

1) Are breast forms a necessity?

While we were out, I didn’t have any breast forms on because I haven’t got any. I didn’t feel incomplete or insecure, etc. It honestly didn’t bother me at all. I was dressed the way I wanted to be and really didn’t care what others were thinking. But I do find myself curious about the breast forms, but don’t want to spend a lot of money on something I might not like or use. Also, I have no desire to transition to a woman and still very much a heterosexual male. Just one that loves women’s clothing. Lol. So, therefore, my on going internal debate of weather or not they a must have.

2) Do you have to feminize your voice?

I know this takes a lot of work to do, but does it matter. I understand why a trans person would want to, but does a cross dresser have to? During me and the wife’s outing, I made no effort to feminize my voice as like I said above, really didn’t care what people thought. I was happy, the wife was happy, and we were having fun.

3) Any tips on picking a shoe size?

I wear a 10 and 1/2 men’s shoe, and so, I had picked wedges in size 12. Little did I know at that time that the type of socks makes a lot of difference on how the shoes fit. When I got the size 12, I had tried them on with my “guy” socks on. Just a standard pair of white cotton ankle socks and they seemed to fit just fine. A few days later, when I wore them out with the proper no show sock, my heel kept popping out of the shoe while walking. I looked and could put my figure between my heel and the heel of the shoe with ease. Not having an other shoes with me, I continued on and got good real quick at putting my heel back in the shoe with no issue.

When we got home, I tried on my wife’s work shoes. Just basic tennis shoes and they fit me perfectly and she wears a 10W, but her 2 inch heels (the thin heel type) in the same size was too small. So, now, I’m like WTH!

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this long post.

Anonymous

My answer is a solid “depends”

there are plenty of reasons why people crossdress. There is no right way or wrong way about it. But, if one of the goals when dressing is to be able to go out and interact with other people and be accepted either as a woman or just as a crossdresser/tg/ts (people can’t tell if you dress all the time or not), then yes, presenting as a woman will be nice to have a womanly figure. And if you can find your feminine voice, even better.

Attending cd support group meetings or larger conventions or events can be a bit surreal… a room full of nice looking ladies with deep manly voices talking about cars, electronics, etc. 🙂 and mandpreading while wearing skirts too. (I may be talking videogames instead! Ha!)

shoes… the sizing varies with the maker. If you don’t want to try them on at the store, remember you can buy them, try them on at home and then return or exchange them if they didn’t fit.

Gaby

Anonymous

I have stepped out in public without breast forms on occasion but it depends on what I am wearing like a big sweater. I generally feel more comfy in my c cup silicone breast though to give me a more girlie figure. Just my preference though. I wish I could advise you on voice but there are some good vidoes online and especially you tube if you want to play with your voice but I do use my own voice and keep volume and tone down and no one seems to take notice Charlotte. Shoes are a different matter though. I only buy shoes I can try on before purchasing for the vary reason you pointed out hon. We wear our shoes with nylons and tights so socks are never a good idea when trying on shoes. yes generally a womans size shoe is one and half size larger. I might suggest you use shoe stores at first that are self serving like payless and go early when they open so few if any ppl are present. No one will bother you and the store clerks could care less when you check out. Good luck Char on your journey hon

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Breast forms when out. Definitely, at least for me its part of my “feminine being”. Get some good silicone ones. I recommend the “gold seals” from the Breast form store. Double sided tapes and adhesive wipes to attach to your chest. Put a bra on over those and its sucha a “femme feeling”

Voice. if you can tone it down, do so. Depends who you need to talk to. I’ve been out shopping and to dinner and hardly had to speak at all. OK at dinner I had my female companion do all the talking

Shoes. I have large male feet, but have been lucky over the years with on line purchases. So I can only bck up the post that stated buy, try, and if they dont fit return

Hope this helps

Caty

It is to each their own. I’m in agreement with you that it is about how you feel. Personally, I love my breast forms and don’t feel that many of clothes, especially blouses and dresses, fit properly without them. However, I neither feminized my voice not wear a wig. With either, I always feel like I am hiding who I am, which is something I don’t wish. Knowing this, I have been out often including travelling via air without any trouble. And if anyone has an issue, I don’t care. I’m being me.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

Breast forms do complete the feminine appearance and are easy to wear unless you’re using those huge DD which do add a lot of weight on your chest. The voice also adds to the feminine appearance but is difficult to achieve especially is you have a deep male voice. Could take up to a year to have a convincing female voice. Personally I don’t think the sound of your voice is as important as is to the way you speak.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I’m still on the fence on the breasr forms. But, I will most likely experiment with some cheaper sets til I find something I would like. Me and the wife have talked about and we both agree on no larger than C cup and B at the smallest. Like a typical guy, I wear my weight around my belly, so, gives me more of an apple shape.

The voice I’m not too concerned with. So, not changing it is perfectly fine with me.  I’m also working up the courage to dress femme but not have on a wig and makeup. But I do like the wig and makeup for feeling extra pretty.

The shoes I’m sure will be lots of trial and error. I was stopped at a truck stop close to the house earlier today, so, the wife came out for lunch. After that we went to Goodwill and found the last little bit for our costumes and I found a pair of brown knee high boots in size 11. Tried them on and they fit perfectly. So, I got them and at a bargain of $6.

Terri Anne
        Ambassador

Great Post and I missed the survey. Optional items for some I guess. I have my own boobs… sooo bras are a must for me. The voice – I’m with you I make no attempt to feminize mine.

What a deal at goodwill! wow.

Terri Anne

Anonymous

You do what makes you happy.  That is the whole point about dressing!  I ordered my first set of breast forms last week, and was amazed what a difference they made in how my dresses looked.  I went with a wide C because I have a broad chest and a belly.  Anyway, you are very fortunate to have your wife go out with you as a wing lady!  Whatever you do, or don’t do, enjoy your journey.

Robin

For most girls I’d say not necessary. I practiced daily for a while to feminize my voice. My fiancé has said I match Avril Lavigne pretty well now. I feminize my voice and wear breast forms because I like to feel like the woman i am inside and at heart. Granted, I’m sure I’ll still get looks questioning my gender at some point, I just don’t want to portray myself as a guy in girls clothes. I feel like I’m boarderline in the trans spectrum. While I’m still genetically a guy, I feel more like a 28 year old girl most of the time.

As far as shoes, you have to remember a woman’s foot tends to be narrower than a man of the same size. I got some pretty feminine genes luckily. High cheekbones, small frame, and I’m veryyy short. I’m only 5-6 and wear a size 6 men’s shoe. Hence why all my shoes are women’s size 7 or 7.5 lol

Breast forms  are a must ,I just love them . My first  boob was home made . A car washing up sponge in yellow cut and shaped to a half circle   and being from a manual trade i melted down some lead pipe and inserted it in the middle of the boob and sealed it up. they were surprisingly effective but along came the high tec  boobs  i had a 36c bra which was narrow and unbalanced. with my wife’s guidance we took it up to 36dd and i have never looked back. I am only 5/8 and about 135lbs with a 30 ins waste the boobs   move and tremble and shudder as i move and create a very natural look.As for shoes  my gym trainers are 8ts and 9s ,my femme shoes range from 6 to 6& a half and one of my pairs of boots is a 7. nothing is straight  forward if you are a lady.   PYx.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?