Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I posted a comment on the article Cross Dressing On The Job earlier but I thought I would post here also with further expansion so more of my girlfriends would see it.

As some of you know I was a wedding DJ before Covid shut the wedding industry down. I was not out of the closet at that time. Now, with Covid winding down the wedding industry is gearing up and Beth has come out.

I work for several DJ booking companies and yesterday received a text from a local small company asking to reserve a tentative booking for me in late May. I called them up and came out to the boss. He was very supportive and said this might be a perfect situation for Beth as it is an all day gig for a same sex female wedding. Ceremony outdoors at a winery with dinner and dance at a ballroom.

This is indeed a perfect situation for Beth as all of the guests should be totally accepting. Beth can take over the DJ business, come out BIG time to a large group and have fun publicly.

So today I called the big company I work with and came out to them also. The manager was not only accepting but excited. They do a lot of shows for LBGTQaO clients and I would be a good addition to their roster of DJ’s that do those events. The manager even asked for permission to tell the rest of the staff so they could be on the lookout for gigs for me. Hey, no problem, you couldn’t be in this business unless you were a liberal, open minded person. I know they have gay and lesbian DJ’s but I will be their first cross dresser. It’s a bit of a small niche in the DJ business but I love the idea of being immediately accepted before the clients even meet me.

Now starts the hard part. Getting Beth ready to be a DJ.

Clothes: A suit and tie isn’t going to cut it. Beth needs a female DJ wardrobe. Work clothes for set-up and tear-down. Probably leggings and a casual blouse with flats. A dress for ceremony and dinner. A midi length, flowery for summer, with nylons and low pumps or sandals. A nice but fun outfit for the dance, this one is still open to ideas, skirt just a little above the knee, blouse either v-neck or buttons open just a little, maybe some patterned pantyhose or striped tights, all on 3″ heels. And of course Beth loves lots of bling.

Routine: DJ’s don’t wing it! We have several pre-rehearsed routines that we can interchange on a moment’s notice. Beth can borrow some of my routines but she has to feminize them. She has to develop her own female DJ style. DJ’s don’t just play music, they read the crowd and play off them to make them have fun. Beth has to learn how a female DJ does that. Have to talk to a couple female DJ’s for tips.

Makeup: Going to take lessons from my GG best friend. She went to cosmetology school so she should be able to teach me.

Voice: Have to get serious about sounding like a woman. Can’t have a male voice booming out of the speakers with a female holding the mic.

BETH IS GOING TO BE A DJ!!!!!!!

😤😁😎💋❤💖

Beth

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Wow that is amazing news! So glad to hear.

Thanks for letting us know.

Amy

DJ’ing sounds like a perfect job for a CD if you ask me.

I can’t wait to hear some of the stories that may arise from this.

Cynthia

Anonymous

That’s so great Beth! 🧚‍♀️🦋 Sounds like you are going to be having a blast 💥!!!

🌻🍀

That’s awesome, Beth – I think you may be catching the influx of a trend, as I have been to a couple of places with “Drag DJs”.

They don’t normally feminise their voices – it’s not a big deal, but follow your own preference!

They normally dress very drag disco though, so that may be something to consider – something sequined, perhaps? A colourful wig? Gogo boots?

It sounds like an absolute blast – have fun, however you play it!

Love Laura

I hadn’t considered using the male voice but I see the point, if they already know you are a cross dresser why struggle with the voice.  I will still practice “the voice ” and which voice is used will be a case by case decision.

As for outfit and makeup I think it will remain more sedate. Generally the crowd will be a mix of straight and rainbow, old and young so it can’t get too campy. But if they want it over the top I will have to  take my game up a notch.

👗👢💄💋

Beth

Anonymous

Beth.

How wonderful, the chance to do what you love, wearing what you love….and you get paid too !!!

How many people can tick all the boxes???

Please report back on all your adventures…

Good luck, grace xx

Oh yes, being a straight DJ had it’s adventures! After twenty years of DJ work I could write a book! I got hit on before (unfortunately by ladies that were either too young or too drunk, but every once in awhile…….) Doing it cross dressed will be on a totally new level. I might have to fend off both girls and guys!

👿

Beth

Anonymous

Hi Beth,

Two thoughts crossed my mind after reading your post: First, some good has come to you from this cursed COVID…wonderful! And second, it’s a lot of work, being a girl DJ – but worth the effort.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

I’ve been a DJ for twenty years. Although it is a nice second income, and sometimes necessary when between primary jobs, it has always been just because it’s fun. Now a new level of fun is developing! It’s as exciting as the first time you go out dressed. Questions abound. Can I pull this off? Will I be laughed at? Will I be accepted? I don’t think I will face animosity because everyone there should be at minimum familiar with the rainbow community. But alcohol can always bring out the jerks so I still need to keep my eyes open.

Beth

Wow Beth, it sounds like a new adventure is on the horizon for you. I can imagine the jokes and shinanagins you’ll get up to.

Ps how is that lovely neighbor of yours.

Love Trish

I must have scared him badly. He now peeks out the window and won’t come out if I am out. Lol!

👿

Beth

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🤣. I love it. Could you imagine if he attended a wedding you are DJing at.

Stevie65
      Lady

Congrats keep us posted on the progress

That’s so awesome! I’m so happy for you, what a wonderful way to express your femme self, and be able to enjoy it completely! Can’t wait to hear all about it.

Bridgette

The outdoor ceremony is mid afternoon so it should be nice if it doesn’t rain. The rest of the event is indoors.

Beth

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?