• This topic has 26 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Revel.
Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Revel
      Baroness

Hello ladies,

As you know, our transgender sisters have their own Transgender Pride flag designed by Monica Helms. I personally love the idea of a Crossdresser Pride flag, and I have seen a couple of different designs online. My personal favorite is shown on a “Pride Flags” website.

Here is a link to it: https://flag.library.lgbt/flags/crossdresser/

Do you ladies think that we need a Crossdresser Pride flag? Please vote yes or no. Thank you.

Revel

Rev’s Sis
      Significant Other

Sis,

Yes! I know you’re proud of being a CD, and I’m proud of you too so a CD Pride flag would be nice. I also like the flag Tish Wolfsong designed as well. 🙂

Revel
        Baroness

Sis,

Thank you for your kind words and support.

Yes, I like the CD Pride flag that Tish Wolfsong designed, but it looks a little too much like the Transgender Pride flag with the same blue, pink, and white colors. It’s a good design, but the one I discovered today I think looks much better. There’s a link to it on my first post.

Rev

Rev’s Sis
          Significant Other

I agree that the flag you provided a link to looks “much better” like you often say, Rev. 😀

Rev’s Sis
        Significant Other

BTW I think this is an interesting topic that you started. 😉

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hiya Rev!  Interesting thought,  I certainly agree that the awareness level of crossdressing has to be brought out more – whether people want to face it or not – and a flag would do the trick.  Crossdressers seem to be grouped in with the whole transgender and drag queen showings during Pride.  ( I wish I coulda made it to the Trans march up here last week ☹ ).

I wonder if society in general, lets call them the Squares, differentiate between the cd’s, tg’s, dq’s…. to the squares, its all just men looking/behaving/dressing like women.  It may take some time to educate the masses, if you know what I mean.

The whole LGTB….. slogan has to be scrapped too.  It’s getting stupidly long, in my opinion, and frankly has to be a bit more snappy to work with society.  How about “We the (other) People”? Lol …. (sorry)

Apologies, wandered off there 😁,  … overall, a flag would be great though, and could get interesting, lol.  As long as it isn’t lost in the ever increasing division of the community.  🙂

Stevie

Revel
        Baroness

Hi, Stevie!

I’m so glad and honored that you were the first CD to reply on my topic.

Agreed. A flag would help create more awareness level for the cross-dressing community. Crossdressers are under the “transgender umbrella” so that’s why they’re grouped with the TG and drag queen showings during Pride. Oh, I know what you mean about the “Squares” sister. 🙄

Yes, I also think a flag would be great. The CD community deserves one. 👍

♥️ Rev

Cece X
      Lady

Thanks for introducing this topic. A flag could be just the start. Our community needs a celebrity spokesgurl who could help the world understand that the majority of men who regularly enjoy wearing women’s clothing are neither drag queens nor transgender. Many crossdressers, especially underdressers, are walking or working beside us every day. The world also would be surprised as to how many of us are heterosexual,
      CeCe

Revel
        Baroness

You’re welcome, sister. Crossdressers are so misunderstood, and the the public should be aware of us more, and how we differ from TGs and drag queens. I love our TG sisters, but I’m not a TG. The world needs to know that cross-dressing is more common than people realize. So yes, a CD Pride flag sure would be a good start. ☺️

Revel

I had an ex-girlfriend if I felt represented by the pride flag.  After a little thought, I answered “No”.  I don’t need a new flag to define me and to divide us up into nice little groups.  I think there are a lot of categories within crossdressing.  I’m still figuring out what it means to me and how far do I want to take it.  I had to look up the current variations of LGBTQIA+ which I agree is confusing and but will continue to expand.  For me, I’d prefer the flag of our nation.  It includes me.  If you want your own flag, more power to you.

I’m sorry, Revel, I think it’s a bad idea. Surely the Rainbow flag would suffice? The whole point of it is to be all inclusive while also celebrating diversity. I have enough of a problem with that alphabet soup of an acronym that’s getting so ridiculous they’ll soon end up having to use hieroglyphics and emojis to include everyone.

Anyway, I don’t believe you can put crossdressers under one specific banner. Look at the wide range of sisters on this site alone. Do we end up with different flags for each ‘type’ of CD? Straight or gay, under dressers, bearded CDs, female CDs, and those that wear fishnets without shaving? While we’re at it…How about a separate one for wives and SOs? They have issues too.

Flags are political symbols as well, and let’s face it, the world’s not ready for a united front of crossdressers waving them in protest and demanding equal dressing rights. There are far more important issues to sort out first.

Love, Amy

PS. On a personal note, my favourite flag is the Jolly Roger because I want to be a pirate. Now there’s an outfit I could have some fun designing. x

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Amy Catrelle. Reason: grammar

Revel –

I find this to be an interesting topic.

There are so many flags representing so many things out there within the LGBTQA+ community as well as outside it.  Having a way to identify oneself within a community is important so a flag representing crossdressers would be a wonderful way to do that.  Where this becomes an issue though is in knowing what the various flags mean.  I’m sure everyone has seen pictures of naval ships decorated with flags hanging from their masts extending to their bow and stern.  There are a meaning to each one not only by their design but by their placement.  While they look pretty to most people the meaning is lost if you don’t know what they are.  I think the same could be said for the flags of the LGBTQA+ community.  I saw a posting one time that showed the different flags and their meanings.   One would need a card describing each one to be able to identify the flags that are [resent at a Pride parade.  Identity is very important, as we all know, so a flag to represent crossdressers would be appropriate so long as it is understood that others may not understand or recognize the meaning.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Revel
        Baroness

Suzanne,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I’m glad that you find my topic interesting. Agreed. So many flags, and so many different groups, but I personally feel that it would be nice if CDs had a flag to represent who we are. Yes, identity is very important, and people would have to know what the Crossdresser Pride flag means so we are properly recognized. 🙂

XOXO Revel

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I had to think about this. Our TG sisters are currently embraced by the Pride community and flag. At the moment the pride flag that represents the community is the rainbow flag, it has six colors. Originally it had eight colors, was then amended to six colors. There was a version with black and brown added, to highlight those of color, but universally the  six stripes is the most common and recognizable.

The beginnings of this was about recognition of sexuality  but went on to become representative of trans people and in what seems a blink of an eye the whole of gender identity. From LGB it is now LGTBQIA and growing by the month. There are also about 76 gender identities and also growing. Recently there has been a Trans gender flag created and in the last London Pride, intersex unveiled a flag this year. How long will it be for more and more flags to be created. It can become confusing.

Where do crossdressers enter into this and should they be part of the trans group or the rainbow community or go it alone.

Is crossdressing gender identity by which you identify as the opposite sex when dressed, that would cover gender fluid or perhaps Trans, if so you are in the rainbow community, if your sexuality is gay or Bi then you are in, If you are a heterosexual person whos gender identity is that they were born with and just enjoys wearing clothes of the opposite sex, the jury is out as your gender identity and sexual identity is that of birth and you are proud to be that way. However, as a crossdresser who likes to go out and even maybe present full time, yet still identify as male, the sex you were born and identify as heterosexual, you still have a stigma attached and have the same difficulties of acceptance as the rainbow community, discriminated against and vilified and probably more so. With that do you have the same rights as a trans person as you aren’t identifying as trans.

It is confusing for the crossdressing community as not only are they sometimes looked down on by some in society they are also looked down on by an organisation that could be protecting their rights. So effectively we are on our own. So it would be logical, if this is a want, to have a banner or emblem such as a flag to show we are here.

Revel
        Baroness

Angela,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

The Rainbow Pride and Transgender Pride flags are okay, but I personally think the idea of a Crossdresser Pride flag to represent CDs more specifically isn’t a bad idea. I agree with Stevie. The whole LGBTQIA+ slogan is getting too long. I just wish we had a simple Crossdresser Pride flag to show we are here. 🙂

Revel

Rhonda Lee
        Baroness - Annual

I like the question and your reply. A few of us who are involved in national and international outreach gave a lot of consideration to the question “Are crossdressers ‘transgender’?”, deciding it would be better to identify as such than not, as crossdressers share the same needs and would generally want the same protections and recognitions which are becoming a matter of law. So a couple of years ago we clarified this position in the Standards of Practice of WPATH and championed a revision of the GEI (Global Education Initiative) to educate doctors, counselors, and other professionals worldwide. (We met the authors of the SOPS, who just ASSUMED that all would consider crossdressers to be transgender so did not bother to clarify it in the SOPs, failing to foresee that the term “transgender” would morph or be interpreted in different ways in the future.)

There are practical implications. Just as an example, doctors should perhaps be aware that crossdressers are prone to bone density issues, and it would be appropriate to check density and for insurers to cover bone density exams. Osteoporosis is generally viewed as a “woman’s disease” and overlooked in men. Research has shown it to be common among transgender individuals. Personal experience and empirical evidence has persuaded me that CDs fall into that risk category.

It is, as you say, confusing. Increasingly, a “transgender” person is assumed to be one who identifies as the opposite sex and would likely transition, not something to which many of us want to relate, especially when exposes us to misunderstanding by spouses and family.

I believe gender “identity” differs from gender “presentation” so would say I IDENTIFY (biologically) as male and have masculine traits, but my feminine side is equally strong and I feel it generally more natural/desirable to PRESENT as female whenever and to the extent possible.

Heterosexuality has to do with sexual attraction and is not to my understanding an “identity” or related to being “transgender”. The best illustration of differences between biological sex, presentation, identity, and sexual attraction I know can be found in the diagrams of the “genderbread person” (see “itspronouncedmetrosexual.com”).

I personally like the blue/pink criss-cross flag referenced, although, by definition, I think a crossdresser is transgender and the transgender flag would work, albeit subject to the misunderstandings mentioned, which often can do harm to the manner in which we are perceived.

The importance of these distinctions cannot be overemphasized. In my case, incorrect perceptions led to divorce. If we differ within our own community on such matters, it is natural to expect that counselors, professionals, spouses, and family will have even greater difficulty understanding and relating to us. It is for that reason that I think a separate flag, to show that crossdressers share a lot in common with others in the TG community, but that there are important distinctions between those under the TG umbrella, could be a good idea.

At the same time, I believe the TG umbrella also fits. It’s a bit like marching under the stars and stripes, but also recognizing that a state flag adds more definition. But since few would recognize a state flag without looking it up, it may be more practical, in most cases, to join the crowd marching to the US (or TG) flag and, where possible, displaying the state (or CD) flag side by side. We are members of both communities, one being a subset of the other.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Rhonda Lee.
          Revel
          Baroness

Thank you Rhonda for your very thoughtful reply.

I agree that it can be confusing. Most crossdressers (MTF) love looking, dressing, and transforming into a woman, but not all of us (including myself) want to “transition” and I think a flag could help identify us more accurately who we are IF it’s properly recognized.

I’ve always been okay with being under the “Transgender Umbrella” and I’ve told my friends and family that. However, I like the idea that you mentioned about where possible, displaying the state and CD flag side by side. That would be wonderful to see in my opinion.

I’m also glad that you like the blue/pink criss-cross flag referenced. It’s a nice, bold and striking design. 💝💙

Hugs, Revel

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

I feel fully covered by the trans pride flag

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_flag

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Revel, I don’t know so I answered no. First of all after reading some of the other posts it my serve to divide us all into different small fragments. Then maybe I should carry around a handful of flags. Depending where my head is at that day. Some days I am a closeted crossdresser. Some days I am an out there shopping dressed or going to a local bar as Cassie. Some days I wonder about going on HRT and at least ‘socially transitioning’. I guess ypu could call me gender questioning at my point in life.

Yes sometimes my head is all messed up.

. Cassie

Angela Booth
        Hostess

There are quite a few great opinions from what is a great question. There is an expression,’Nailing your colors to the mast’. It says what you are thinking and stand by that. It’s a nautical expression from the messages flags say that are raised on ships of old. In Nelsons day it was ‘Every man is expected to do their duty’ and therefore rallies under that flag and message as one. This is what I would say with the single pride flag with a single objective. One flag one aim. It represents one ideology which, in essence, is to have equality for all with no discrimination. If you apply that to society as a whole that would include, color, sex, religion and any alternative lifestyle.

I wish it was that easy!

Dear Revel,
      I voted YES straightforward. I strongly believe we have to use some form of political wit in positioning ourselves on the gender spectrum, with a clear identity representing our emotions, pride, dreams, stealth and singularity by embracing our lives as gender-migrating individuals. Unlike our full-blown transgender sisters we are endowed with the unique ability to move between presenting ourselves as gorgeous females while not having entirely abandoned and / or renounced to what males typically represent. So yes, thumbs-up my dear!
      Hugs, Sandra

Rhonda Lee
        Baroness - Annual

I strongly concur we need to let our presence be known, whether it be by a flag or other means. Few know we even exist; those who do often draw false conclusions, based on what little they have observed of others who dress en femme- drag queens, performers, those who fully transition, those who dress merely for costume, and impersonators. As a result, many needs go unmet, many relationships are unnecessarily damaged, and many issues are misunderstood. I personally do what I can to offer classroom presentations and by other means, but there are few crying out in the wilderness. If any are willing to step into the public who are willing to combine forces for the purpose of educating, any who are able/willing to carry the flag and be pro-active among those who want/need to know more about who most CDs really are, I’d love to hear from you.

Revel
          Baroness

Rhonda,

Agreed. We need to have our presence be more known. Yes, crossdressers are so misunderstood. Thank you for helping and educating people about the truth.

I have told my family including my sibling “Rev’s Sis” that it’s so sad crossdressers are so misunderstood because they’re the most kind and beautiful people that I’ve ever known. Why? We’re getting in touch with our soft, gentle, and feminine side – not focusing on “macho pride” like most guys do. I strongly feel that cross-dressing helps create balance in our mind. I love the idea of educating others, and those who are able/willing to carry the flag as well.

Happy 4th of July!

Love, Revel

Revel
        Baroness

Sandra,

Thank you kindly, sister. I totally agree. A Crossdresser Pride flag could help bring a more clear identity representing who we are. Although I love our transgender sisters, I’m not a transgender. As I have mentioned on the forum in the past, I like being a man, but I love being a woman! So I love the idea of a CD Pride flag. 🙂

Love, Revel

Anonymous

Hi Revel, what a great question!

I voted yes because I think that all of us who crossdress need to have a way to seperate ourselves from the LGBTQ+ flag and show our individualism as well. Let’s face it, being lumped together underneath the LGBTQ+ (plus whatever new group seems to be added there on a regular basis) makes it difficult for those of us who crossdress to stand up and be counted. And while we do have many things in common with everyone who is under the LGBTQ+ label, we also have our own unique challenges and differences. Yes, we are all somewhere on the transgender spectrum, but where each and every one of us are is different depending on the person. CDH provides us with a community here to come together, learn more, make new friends, and so on, so having a banner to come together underneath would be a welcome addition to that!

Holly

Revel
        Baroness

Holly,

Thank you for your positive and informative reply. Agreed. A flag would help us CDs separate ourselves from the LGBTQ+ flag, and show individualism. Not having a CD Pride flag does make it more difficult to be counted. Yes, having a flag/banner would be a welcome addition. I hope to one day see that. 💓

Hugs, Revel

Revel
      Baroness

I want to thank the sisters here at CDH for voting, especially those in favor of a CD Pride flag. ☺️

I personally believe that a CD Pride flag can help identify who we are, if people understand its meaning. I realize that there are a wide range of sisters here on this site, but a flag could represent ALL of us in the CD community. All for one, and one for all. 💝

Some of you ladies may have a hard time deciding, and I hope this post will help.

Peace. ✌️

❤️ Revel

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?