Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Diana W
      Lady

I just got back from a family wedding.  I’m still on a high as I’ve just had one of the best days of my life! Last year I went to a family wedding in a man’s suit and I was miserable.  I vowed I would never do that again.  This year I went in a dress.  And I felt fabulous!  The dress is full length and green and black.  I got so much love and support from most of the family.  The notable exceptions were the wife’s aunt and uncle who were barely civil to me and pretty much avoided me.  Their faces made it clear what they thought of me.  That wasn’t going to spoil my day though.

From the moment we arrived at the hotel I felt comfortable and relaxed.  The party afterwards was lively and fun and the wine flowed freely.  Even going to the ladies bathroom was a good experience.  There were several women in there and none of them made me feel I didn’t belong in there.  A couple of them even smiled at me.  Using the ladies room has always been something I try to avoid if I can as I’ve heard so many stories of hostility to trans women.

I had considered taking the ‘safe’ option and wearing a pant suit instead but I’m so glad I opted to wear the dress.  All in all it was a fabulous day!

Thea
      Lady

Dear Diana: thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful story! I’m no where near there yet… But maybe one day? It’s certainly so encouraging to read such a positive story: thanks again!

Love Gabby xx

Diana W
        Lady

Two years ago I was where you are now.  I couldn’t imagine doing what I did yesterday.  Even last year I went to a wedding in a men’s suit! Dare to dream because yesterday I felt amazing!

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Good on you Diana!

Angela Booth
      Hostess

It is an inevitability that there are those that disapprove of who we are. However it was clear that those were in a distinct minority and the love of others made them pale into insignificance. They kept out of your way for to enjoy a wonderful occasion and experience.  It seems you enjoyed it more than they did. Thank you for sharing.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

SOOOOOOOO happy for you, Diana. I just hope more of us out there can have more experiences like yours.
      . Cassie

Hi Diana,

Congratulations on a very positive experience!  Your positive attitude contributed to a lovely day.

Alice

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Diana, I’m so happy for you! Glad you had such a wonderful day!

💕Lara

Diana –

What a lovely experience for you, glad you were able to do it.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Diana –

What a lovely experience for you, glad you were able to do it.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Anonymous

I am glad you had a good experience. Hope there are many more such opportunities in the months and years to come.

Hi Diana
      Lovely to hear you had a fabulous day most people are quite chilled about seeing girls like us, the older generation can’t get their head around it. Don’t let it linger in your mind they are from an era that it didn’t happen, I look forward to hearing about more successful days out for you.
      Best Wishes
      Sarah xx

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

Hi, Sarah. You might be suprised. One of my now BEST friends is a lady -a retired co-worker who is 6 days younger than myself and I am 68. She has been so accepting of Cassie and she even invited me to her Church, have gone there 3 times so far. For Cassie this is a dream coming true.

. Cassie

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?