Tagged: 

Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Even during the current global pandemic, not everyone is confined indoors. Many are out and about every day keeping the vital functions of society working — the medical personnel, fire and police, truck drivers, grocery store employees, and others. They deserve our salutes and our appreciation.

Some members of the CD community are serving in those positions and thus have no new freedom to be outwardly expressive. They deserve our respect and appreciation.

Of course, a good many people ARE confined to their houses and apartments or are venturing out only briefly. That is where the new opportunity to grow womanly nails arises. If confined inside, of course, the nails can grow to one’s delight. Even if venturing out a bit, a 6 foot distance from others means that nails are unlikely to get much notice…thus giving a freedom to grow them without what otherwise would be a likely encountering of social disapproval in public.

Just today, the governor of Virginia said this will be a long ordeal and thus issued a “stay at home” order until June 10! That is more than two months. Nails can grow a lot in 8 weeks!

So, if not constrained by the legitimate demands of one’s ongoing employment, now is the time to let the nails grow as long as one may like…and to shape them as one pleases!

DeLora
      Lady

I have been letting mine grow for about 3 weeks now. I painted them with a translucent pink polish a few days ago. The colour is hardly noticeable, but the shine is. I like how they feel and look. I am sure my wife has noticed, but she hasn’t said anything. I am considering repainting them soon with more colour, but I don’t want to push things too far in case it makes my wife uncomfortable.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I do IT work for a government agency and the days have been long.  Building the infrastructure to support the needs of disaster workers has been rough on my hands.  Growing my nails would be impossible.  Even the women in my department gave up.  It’s a tough situation and it’s bringing out the best in everyone.  The work we’re doing keeps basic services running for our community.  I’ll get glammed up when it’s over.

Be safe and stay healthy girls.

Emily

Anonymous

I mean I do anyway but not being at work means they wont break half as often.

Robin Snow
      Duchess

I’ve been growing them out for months.  Once the free edge is about 3 mm or so past the fingertip I file them back and start over.

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

I answered this question as “no” because my finger nails are already longer then what most men would ever consider growing them. I usually receive complements from women though not from men. Their just jealous. 🙂

Hi EVE

I would love to grow my nails and I suppose you could say I do ,but when they get to a reasonably length I keep breaking them ,so now I just keep them neat and tidy ,a great shame .

Michelle  xx

Anonymous

I work in an engineering lab, my finger nails would never survive one day of being long or polished. We are working long hours since Covid started. For now, it’s polished toe nails. I had to vote no.

Kay

While I was working from home, I did grow my nails out longer than my wife’s.  I shaped them and put on clear polish.  I have gone back to work in the factory, and it is really hard to keep them clean and not to catch them on things and damage them.

My wife has wanted me to cut my nails.  She is worried people will notice and discover my CD secret.

Intrimmed up my nails a little shorter today.  But not totally short.   About the same length and my wife keeps hers.

I love the feeling of long painted nails.  I have even learned to type with them.

Love and Hugs,

Paula

I had let mine grow out to a little more than 1/4 inch a few weeks ago. It was really interesting to have to learn different ways of doing simple things like typing and using my smartphone. The hardest thing to do, which I heard as advice on YouTube, was to stop using your nails as a tool to scratch things or peel things apart.

I did eventually cut them as I was feeling a little self conscious that someone might notice, but I’m already growing them out again. I haven’t painted them yet but that’s me next goal. Just need them to be a little longer.

Nails, ugh.  I’m not a nail biter so they grow and break.  I have shaped and polished (clear) and they look nice for a few days then they grow and break.  Augh!  Sooooo frustrating.

I have my own natural nails and keep them medium length. I always keep them polished, the color depends on my mood and outfit. Before I polish them I apply 2 coats of Nail-Aid 1 minute artificials polish. It keeps them strong and helps prevent chipping and breaking. You can get it at WalMart.

April (Pacific Princess)
      Ambassador - Editor

I have tried growing my nails out with pretty poor success in the past.  They don’t have a nice shape when they grow (except for the pinkies) and they also bend down when they get just slightly past the fingertips.  Not good.  Instead I treated myself to extensions.  MUCH nicer and gel polish lasts forever too!

Anonymous

my nails are a  little longer than usual but i had an accident with a saw last week. cut through my thumb and the nail. it looked pretty bad. its getting better now. now i only have to paint 9 nails.

Anonymous

Ouch!! Rachel….so hope you’re back to painting all ten again soon.

grace xx

Way long. Also, lots of fun playing and learning different types of nail polish. Fast drying and textured is nice for learning. Practice, practice, practice. In one year I got a small box going; nice air brush paint.

Anonymous

Hi Eve

I have been working 5/6 days a week all through this disaster….so I put no ( sob)

Grace xx

I grew them out a fair bit over the late summer-early fall, nicely shaped too, but in the space of 2 weeks I broke 5 out of 10 and cut the others to match last week.

I am currently exploring adding thimbles or finger caps inside the gloves I wear at work to prevent this *gasp* disaster from striking again! Lol

Seriously though, Back to the drawing board

Hi Eve.
      Im an essential service, truck mechanic and have to keep those beasts rolling, so I had to vote no:-(
      Regine

i keep growing them out- it is challenging.  Nails breaking so started taking supplements and they have ridges and occasionally bend down a bit.  Any suggestions? Would be so much easier if i could just have them professionally done each week.

It does feel femme to operate the phone with longer nails – very aware of finger placement and moving around the phone.

suzette

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I voted no, but I would like to. My nails get brittle and I tend to bash them on things around the house.

So, I might let them grow, but they are going to break…simple fact.

I am lucky to have long nail beds and only a little length looks like a long nail when painted…

So I have learned to accept this as my condition…

Plus, I have no idea if I could apply makeup with long nails…haha.

XOXO

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?