• Creator
    Topic
    Holly Goodrich
    Participant
    Registered On: April 19, 2021
    Topics: 194
    Replies: 758

Jeeezus, what a crock of s!!! I went to VA for follow-up about my foot surgery.

When the doctor/surgeon came, he looked at my X-rays and rather bluntly told me that hospital wasn’t equipped to handle those types of surgeries.

To make sure I was hearing him right, I challenged him.

“Are you telling me you don’t have the skill, or is the VA just not equipped to handle that procedure?”

He told me it was the VA, not him.

But I got the last words in

“God Almighty, I’d hate to be in a wreck, and this was the closest hospital. I’d bleed out.”

Now, I’ve got to find a civilian surgeon and go through all the referral bs. I am STEAMED!!!

So, how did your day go?

Holly

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by Prudence.
    • This topic was modified 1 week ago by Dawn Wyvern.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Fredrika Jones
      Lady
      Registered On: February 24, 2021
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 215

Sounds like BS – what did he mean by “couldn’t handle that type of surgery”? Especially a follow up. I’m a vet, and it saddens me that clowns like that represent the VA to their patients. I wish you all the best with your surgery.

Hugs,
      Fredrika

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Holly Goodrich
      Duchess

Now Grace, we’re not going to be naughty and mean are we??  OF COURSE we are!!!!  Where’s the fun in being nice??

That said, I’ll remember, the first time (whenever it comes) the doctor examines my upper torso for bumps. 😀😀😀😀😀

Hugz,Holly

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Michelle McQueen
      Lady
      Registered On: June 14, 2021
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 709

I know there are some real problems with the VA but I’ve always gotten great care from them. The only complaint I have is sometimes I can’t get an appointment as fast as I need. The best thing about the VA is its near free and for a lifetime. Medical bankruptcy caused by greedy hospitals, drug and insurance companies in America is a real problem.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Carolyne Sherman
      Duchess
      Registered On: February 20, 2018
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 526

Holly I am so sorry the VA doesn’t do a better job with our vets who truly deserve nothing but the best care available. My father has had decent luck and one of my best friends uses them solely for referrals to what he calls “real doctors”. Hope things improve and it goes well enough to help with that turrets syndrome. 😂😂

🍷C

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Elizabeth
      Lady
      Registered On: October 7, 2021
      Topics: 23
      Replies: 297

Apparently the dentists have a theme song. Remember the song Thanks for the memory, they sing “Fangs for the memory”.

Also heard it said be true to your  teeth or they will become false to you.

😂😂😂
      Liz

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Holly Goodrich
      Duchess

Steph, I  discovered that my orth (who has a podiatrist on staff) will take VA referral,  so I  can still get it dont

Hugz,Holly

Stephanie Bass
      Princess - Annual
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 2549

Holly sorry for your battles as never had to deal with them at a va but hope you can find another place to handle your issues ..

Stephanie

ChloeC
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 5, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 445

I’m sorry Holly that your VA experience was not anywhere near what you hoped.  I live in west Michigan and go regularly to the VA clinic in Wyoming, MI. and have had quite decent or better experiences.  Mostly I go for routine check-ups, shots there if I can them sooner than CVS. Only big thing was I had hip surgery several years ago and got them to approve a local doctor after I had a lot of pre-op stuff done which transferred easily and had it done at a local hospital, only staying the night. Got post op in home therapies, and I think my total out of pocket was somewhere in the $500-1000 range (I did turn down the 60 oxycontin pills they prescribed!!! after I took one and hated it, Xtra Tylenol was good enough) .  The clinic is clean, I get along with my ‘doctor’ (probably a RN or PA). Also had a colonoscopy scheduled through them which didn’t cost me anything.

I’ve heard horror stories from various places around the country, including Ann Arbor which if I hadn’t moved I would be going there. I’m very satisfied with the clinic here…of course, the closest real VA hospital is Battle Creek and I don’t really know their reputation.

Hugs

Hope things work out for you.

Holly Goodrich
      Duchess

Sorry Pru. Too darn p.o.’d to think then.  Usually, I am more careful.

Hugz,Holly

Prudence
      Ambassador
      Registered On: January 7, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 326

Hi Holly, I have never dealt with the V.A. But know many who have. Sorry for that. I know how aggravating it can be. But Ladies, can we please watch our language. Like when Curly Howard (3 stooges) was getting sworn in as a witness.  The judge asked do you swear, curly replied no. But I know all the woids.   Hugs Pru

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador
        Registered On: June 11, 2020
        Topics: 65
        Replies: 1720

That is such a classic Three Stooges episode – and wise words from Curly. 🙂

Barb Wire
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: September 16, 2021
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 490

Looks like we got the redacted version.

I’m so sorry, Holly!

Well, I had some dental drilling done today. My guy doesn’t always use freezing. Son-of-a-gun…

💓 Barb

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Prudence.
      • This reply was modified 1 week ago by Barb Wire.
        Grace Scarlett
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: February 16, 2021
        Topics: 160
        Replies: 3788

Oh barb….is there many more fear inducing sounds than the dentist’s drill!!!!!..

Reminds me of the joke…..as the dentist leans over you with the drill, you reach up to his groin area and take a good hold!!!….and whisper….. we’re not going to hurt each other….are we??????

Barb Wire
          Duchess - Annual
          Registered On: September 16, 2021
          Topics: 12
          Replies: 490

That’s sweet, Grace! Thanks for that. I’ll try it next time. My dentist would appreciate that!

I’ve known my dentist for over 30 years. In fact, we hang out together.

I started seeing him when he was a dental student at university and I was a poor and destitute university student. The dental school charged very little, if anything. I can understand why they call medicine a “practice”.

Anyway… I just had a small “surface filling” that needed attention. All was going well until he hit a nerve a couple of times. I involuntarily spasmed in agony. He says to me, “Barb, you got this! Hang in there.” My response to him as my jaw was clamped wide open was, “HO HUCK YOHELF, AHOL!!”

He had to pull the drill back because he was laughing so hard!

HA A HADE HAY AWW!!

🤕 Barb

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Barb Wire.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account