Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I dressed up in a costume for my support group’s Halloween night a few weeks ago (and later went out to a bar, still dressed in the costume). I asked my daughter to take some pictures of me with my phone as well as with my camera, which she did.

I don’t want to give away too many details because I plan to recreate it and submit a photo for the site’s Halloween contest. Suffice it to say that it’s difficult to get a good contrast to show some of the details of the outfit.

I selected a number of photos from both the phone and camera as favorites.  I put the complete set of the photos (along with the copies of my favorites) on a memory stick. I was going to try to use the Linux GNU Image Manipulation Program (aka GIMP) to edit them on my Linux box.  I asked my daughter to see what she could do in Photoshop on her Windows PC.

My daughter worked in a copy center of a store, and last week, while it was quiet, used some of the store’s photo editing software on the pictures. She came home last week with two 12×16 hi-res color photos of me in the costume! To visualize the size, it’s close to 2 pages of letter sized paper in landscape mode touching on the long edge (which would be 11×17).

I’m not sure the contrast and details I want are all there, but the photos are gorgeous nonetheless.  I’m divorced, so I don’t have to worry about an S.O. My daughter took the pictures, and my son, who is currently at college, have both seen me very frequently dressed up. But other people don’t know (not that I get a lot of visitors).

So my good problem is, what do I do with these two gorgeous large photos?

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Put them in a frame and put them on the mantelpiece. Any questions would be answered with my daughter did me up for halloween and we had a laugh…. Easy..

It seems to me you have to frame them!!!!! Maybe for the bedroom. I can imagine having beautiful photos and nowhere to display them. Especially when you don’t want the world to know!!! But in most homes the bedroom is off limits to guests. Why shouldn’t Alison be able to see the beautiful woman she is!!!!

J J
      Lady

Oh how I would love to take quality glamour and boudoir photos and be able to display them. One of my goals is to do a quality photo shoot, but they will likely have to reside in a private book. My wife has seen me dressed, but I doubt she would be keen on having photos on a wall as I am not out to friends and family, and she prefers to keep it that way.

That said, I did talk her into sitting for a boudoir session  about fifteen years ago. She was reluctant, but did go and had a fabulous time. The pictures turned out great, and some were very sexy, but tasteful.  She allowed me to have one enlarged to about 30×40 and it hung in our bedroom for years until the house burned in a wildfire. She even showed the accompanying book to several people, which really surprised me.  Maybe she would do the same if I did such a session.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I agree with the rest of the girls.  Get those photos framed and on the wall.

I broke down and took the advice. I did hang the two pictures in my room (making sure they were out of view of the zoom camera).

I don’t need to be secretive now.  The pictures were of me in a short bridal gown, which is one reason I was a bit reluctant about hanging them. I have posted the two pictures in my private gallery, as well as another taken on Halloween day that shows the detail of the dress.  It is incredibly hard to take a photo of this dress because much of the detail is white on white, and the dress is shiny.  But we accidentally got a photo as the sun went behind a cloud, and this reduced the contrast on the dress to show the details.  Another photo is in my public gallery which I submitted to the Halloween contest.

Because of my location, no one comes to my home for Halloween.  So the last few years I dressed up in a costume and walked through my neighborhood handing out candy. I did change from heels to sneakers before walking around.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

Good for you, Alison. The pics look great, can see you love being yourself. Hang then in your house with pride.
        . Cassie

Thanks, Cassie.  It’s more than being myself. I often get out as myself, but it’s rare that I get to wear an outfit as special as this in public.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?