Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello Ladies!

I finally have just a moment to write a bit, and share a story from Friday.

I was down in KC for business in the morning and had a couple hours to spare, so I went to a Dillard’s that was nearby to do a bit of shopping.  I was in drab, and had not brought any foundations or underdressing, other than panties (which I wear every day).

I wandered around looking at all the nice clothes for the new season and started putting together outfits in my head.  After a bit, a younger sales lady asked if I needed any help, and for the first time I said “Yes.  I am a crossdresser and I am looking for some ideas.”  She said “Okay” and comfortably opened a space for us to talk.  It was nice.

I told her that I was interested in leather skirts, pants, and leggings, and wanting them to look classy.  She asked if I had seen anything that caught my eye.  I took her to a rack that had two types of above-the-knee length leather skirts in black and brown, a longer leather skirt that had a faux wrap around the front, and a brown jacket that matched the brown skirt.  We talked about those for a second, and I said there are these leggings over here too…

I walked her across the aisle to some shiny patent pleather leggings.  I asked how to dress those up so they looked more classy than trampy.  She said “Well she could pair these with either of those sweaters (which was a GREAT suggestion!), or that blouse, and then she could wear maybe a pair of cute ankle boots.”  I said “There is no ‘she’, this is for me.”  And then I think it finally hit her what I was talking about when I said “crossdresser”.  She kind of chuckled, and actually relaxed quite a bit.  She really went into a great professional mode of complete acceptance, lots of genuine smiles, and really stepping up to answer questions and offer suggestions.  It was wonderful.

We picked out the patent leggings, and headed back to the leather skirts.  She asked what size I normally wear, and I said “12 to 14, depending on the style.”  She said that the size L skirt should fit great, and we went over to these silk long-sleeved button down shirts (just like the yellow one I’m wearing in my pictures with the leather dress – check out my profile).  She said she liked this light tan colored shirt looked with a black leather skirt. Then she said those words I’ve been wanting to hear my whole life from a sales associate in the ladies section of a nice department store – “Would you like to try those on?”  FINALLY, in drab mode, I was welcomed to try on the clothes I wanted to, and didn’t have to take them 2 floors down to the mens section to get a dressing room.  She said “I have one open right over here, and brought me to a room right behind a register.  She told me to let her know if I needed any sizes or anything and closed the door.

I quickly got changed into those wonderful, buttery patent leggings and put the silk blouse on.  It looked pretty cool!  The blouse was a bit tight in the biceps, but it felt great.  She came by the door and asked how I was doing, and I asked her for the XL of that same blouse.  I took it off, and there was a more puffy pull-over lightweight white blouse hanging on the rack in the dressing room.  I figured I had a minute, so I pulled it on.  I took off the leggings and slipped into the leather skirt.  It fit so well it looked like it was custom-designed for me!  She knocked at the door, so I opened it wearing the skirt and white shirt.  She said “Oooh!  That shirt looks cute!” and told me they didn’t have the XL in the color I had, but brought me a black one and a dark olive green one.  I chose the olive one and she closed the door.

I finished up and changed back into my drab and walked out.  She asked how it went, and I told her how well the skirt fit, but that I was between sizes on the blouse.  She said to let her know if there was anything else I needed.

I walked by the rack that had the skirts, and realized I wanted to try that longer skirt too, so I grabbed one in my size.  I looked around and found a tan cashmere long-sleeved turtle neck sweater and headed back toward the dressing room.  She was taking some clothes back to the floor and told me the dressing room was open and I could go right in.  This skirt was nice, and hit me about mid-calf, but it didn’t look as good on the backside and was a bit more “blocky.”  It didn’t look as good as the other one.  The sweater was nice, but were a little tight on my arms.  The colors worked well, but the fit of both garments were just not quite right.

I spoke to the sales lady on my way out.  She asked what the occasion was that I was shopping for.  I told there was no occasion, it was just to dress up and go out sometimes.  I said I just need some good outfits to go out with my wife for lunch or brunch, or to go shopping or whatever every now and then.  She smiled a big grin, and I said “I know… I am very lucky to have a wife who supports me in this.”  I thanked her, and headed back home.

It was so nice to just be validated and not treated like a freak for wanting to try on ladies garments.  It was probably helpful that I was in the city instead of the ultra-conservative town I live in.  Maybe there is progress being made out in the real world…

I can’t wait to go back en femme and do some more shopping!  I had so much fun, even if it was not for very long.

Sorry for the long post.  Take care Ladies!!

~Philma

Thank you for sharing that wonderful experience with us.

I have found that when you totally own who you are with honestly and pride, people are so happy to accept your truth.
      I think when your fearful and unsure people reflect that back at you. When your honest and transparent, people generally treat you with great respect and admiration. Oft times wishing in themselves that they could be so bold with there truth.  I had a shoot all day Friday at one of the biggest law firms in the state. I have known these folks for years and I shared my femme photos with them all. The lady’s wanted to go shopping and to dinner with Diane!!! The guys including the Head attorney were so fantastic!!! It was great!!!
      Hugs
      Diane

Anonymous

Hi Philma,

Loved your story; as a confirmed Shopaholic, I can totally relate to it.  I’ve only asked a sales lady for help once, at Kohl’s, and my experience was much the same as yours.

Hugs,

Bettylou

That’s a great story Diane!!  So glad you got validation!
      🥰

~Philma

Love it! Thank you for sharing!

-SR-

That’s really great good for you hon!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story of acceptance Philma. Now I wanna go shopping🤣

❤️B

Susan Zed
      Lady

Lovely and uplifting story Philma, that would be a dream for me!

Susan x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?