Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

A message for ladies in the Toronto area:
      Have any of you shopped at Take a Walk on the Wild Side? In the pre-internet era, this was a wonderful place for CDs to shop in privacy and a safe environment. I went to Wild Side a few times, but eventually stopped after having a bad experience with a person working there. I believe he was the partner of Paddy, the owner. He was either drunk or high or both and was very weird and belligerent toward me. Around that time, the internet became more viable as a place to shop and explore, so I went that route instead. Was surprised to see that Take a Walk on the Wild Side is still open (their website looks pretty much unchanged from the ’90s and they now have a policy where only one shopper alone or with a friend is allowed in). Anyone still go there or have memories of going there?

Roxy was Paddy’s partner and has since passed away.

Paddy went to University and got a degree in Art and has basically

turned Wildside into an Art Gallery from what i gather.

I know she has been short with a few girls inquiring about

the crossdressing scene in Toronto.

Once i came out to my wife i could buy better clothes at regular women’s

clothing stores.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I’ve been to Wildside a couple of times as I was first coming out into the open, and I dealt with Paddy and she was good with me. Though the one person policy was in place at the time it was no problem for me. She said it was due people stealing things she had to institute that policy.

I got a few things there, but then much as Giselle has said I started shopping in regular stores and the specialty CD things I wanted they didn’t have! So I started shopping at other places for the things I needed.

Amy

Harriette
      Lady

I just learned about them and thought that their scheduling sounded a bit weird. Not sure that I will get there. Thanks for the heads-up.

Suny’s lifestyle clothing outlet, on Bathurst above Bloor, also had an appointment system. They may have closed, not sure.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I went there for a makeover circa 30 years ago, whilst on a business trip to Toronto

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/toronto-again/

Back in what looks like my “goth period”. All dark hair and make up, (which Paddy did whilst I lay back in a barbers chair.. Very different.)

Interesting night… I was dog tired from running around on the business trip and once I was ready had a nana nap in an upstairs room. Then off to a drag show

Went back on a pleasure trip in 2016 and as mentioned in other posts the place had changed a …lot….

Think I’d booked another makoever, but I was too tired to do anything… again.

Paddy was not all that welcoming, but then, no bother to me, cos I aint going back there again. In fact I aint ever going outside  Oz again!!

Caty.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?