Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’ve mentioned in a couple posts that I’ve been dressing for a long time. My wife has known for about 30 years about Lisa. Like many here, it’s been a roller coaster of her being OK with it, and hating it. She’s been shopping and to clubs with Lisa, but that was over 20 years ago. The last 10 years it’s been , ” I know you still dress, but I don’t want to see it.” I’ve learned to accept that.

There have been exceptions in the last couple years. She ran out of nail glue a couple months ago, and asked if I had any she could borrow. She has borrowed a couple other items to this past year. A few months back she laid a bag for goodwill out for me to go through before she took it there to see if I wanted anything. Currently outside of my inseam being longer, we wear the same size. I thought it was a nice gesture.

Last week she was gone all week, which meant I had plenty of time to go through my girl clothes. I really needed to lay everything out and go through it. When you have all your clothes in storage bins it’s hard to always remember what you have. But I really just had too much stuff for a part time girl.

So that’s background info to tell you that I pulled 3 bags of clothes that I felt I didn’t need and was going to bring to Goodwill. As I looked through the items, I found about 20 things that I thought she might actually want. So I set those aside and took the rest to Goodwill.

When she got home Sunday I said, ” Hey I’ve got things I want you to go though before I take them to Goodwill and see if you want any of them.” “She gave me ‘the look’ and said, our tastes are not the same, I doubt I’ll want anything.” I said “Well just look through them. ” In the next few minutes I heard her say several times, “Oh wow, this is cute.” She kept 15 of the 20 items for herself. I think she was shocked. Since it’s been years since she has seen me dressed, I think she still pictures we wearing clothes from 20 years ago.

To me, this was a small victory in the battle to keep this part of my life from being a negative to her. We have to cherish every small victory in our relationships. Like many girls here, I want to keep my marriage and my girl side going. So it’s give and take, as many of you know.

Hi Lisa nice to meet you and what a great story  sounds like you made a good choice in letting her go thru your things before getting rid of them you just have gained some  ground in the life of lisa hope it keeps going for you good luck ..

Stephanie Bass

That’s wonderful Lisa. For the first time, recently, my SO said she was clearing out some dresses and that there might be some I like. I was so shocked. Unfortunately, she misinterpreted the look on my face to mean that she couldn’t possibly have a dress I like as she has poor taste! She hasn’t mentioned it again. We have some evident work to do on our communication and her self-worth. 🙂

Still, I’m pleased for you Lisa and it’s good to hear. All victories count.

Eona Oh
      Lady

“It’s give and take…” Well said!

💖💋

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Relationship Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?