• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Heres a question maybe some of you can answer. If any of you have worn Ladies Shoes that have no tread underneath, then you will know just how slippy they can be!! its like slipping on a Banana Peel. Are they just meant to be worn indoors? Doesnt seem very practical to me at least. Is there a severe shortage of Rubber Tread material maybe? Could it be vanity? Maybe you can see a reason lol, i know its a daft question xx

With Love, Fiona xx

Peta Mari
      Lady

Great question. To be fair mens dress shoes also often lack tread.

Anonymous

True, Peta.

Dress shoes are meant to look good, regardless of practicability.

The only one who knows the answer to this question holds the key to the universe.  I’m sure it’s a very large burden too.  I certainly hope they are here on CDH, so we can all meet her.

I think it’s brand sensitive and style. Also the more formal the shoe the less tread boy or girl

Angela Booth
      Hostess

It’s down to practicality. A lot of ladies wear flats in the office or for short trips and also in the car for driving, the need for tread is minimal. Most of my shoes have no tread and are fine for day to day wear. If I am out in the wet or icy cold I have grippy shoes and boots.  As Peta says, some mens shoes lack tread but the majority have some which indicates that it is a masculine thing.

Another point maybe is that women tend to take shorter steps and are therefore more on balance as men crash about with a wider step thus being off balance more of the time.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I wish I knew. I wore a pair of very low-heel shoes last week for the first time and almost wound up on my butt because they were so slippery.

I believe it is mainly because they are meant, intended, or expected to worn mainly inside. They with no tread being worn inside they the also scuff less than other materials with treads typically a rubber material which have a tendency to scuff or leave residue on hardwood, tile, cement. Yes do take shorter steps when dressed it is more lady like also safer so you don’t slip and fall or loose a shoe or blow a tire so to speak.

This is a total guess but maybe something to do with dancing?  No idea. My newest pair of pumps are smooth and very slippery on carpet.

J J
      Lady

I think it has to do with construction. If they have a leather sole, they will likely be smooth. the same is true in men’s shoes. If they have a rubber or synthetic sole, then there is usually texture, again same in men’s shoes.

…and yes they are meant for predominately indoor wear.

Anonymous
      Lady

So you can slip and let your dress go flying up to show off our beautiful panties 😊

Anonymous

Good tread on shoes are meant for manly men to rescue damsels in distress. In poor weather, a man should assist his lady to prevent her from falling.

Sexist? Fashions are what they are. Just another part of being a woman.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?