• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Not a novel – not a tome – not an essay.  Just a short story that happened to me on my last outing.

My time out and about has been greatly hampered this past year (I can’t understand why) so the few times I DID get out, I chose not to indulge in my favorite wardrobe – skirts and heels –  and tried to blend in with the other “soccer moms” – leggings and flats. I always am concerned about how I am presenting when dressed like that, so I tend to take extra care with wardrobe selection.

As I wandered around WinCo, I was conscious of everything going on around me – were people looking? Was I blending in? Was anyone even noticing me?  As I walked down the breakfast aisle, ahead of me was a young woman selecting some cereal.

An older man was coming the other way, and as he passed her, he said “Excuse me, miss, but I think you dropped your smile”. Cheesy line, I know. But it made ME smile a bit, so I think she did too (with masks on, it’s hard to tell).

A minuite or so later, in the pasta aisle, I heard someone coming up behind me. “Excuse me, miss, but I think you dropped your smile” I turned to see the same man, and he was looking at me and (I assume) was smiling.  And this time I really smiled big – he brought some sunshine into my afternoon in 2 ways.  The best one being that he considered me a Miss worth prompting to smile.  I floated around the store for the rest of the trip.

The moral of the story – a kind word can REALLY change someone’s day.

Stay Safe And Pretty, Sweeties.

Hi Julie nice to meet you and a real cute story .. WE need more of this in our lives so envious of you going out and being treated as the woman you are .. Like you said a cheese pick up line or just a man trying to bring happiness back into this crazy world that we need lots of love put back into ..

Stephanie Bass

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

”A smile is such a funny thing, it wrinkles up your face, 

and when its gone you’ll never find its secret hiding place. 

you smile at someone who in turn, will smile straight back at you, 

so then you see that from this act, one smile has now made two.”

The smile is a very very important mental health booster and needs to be shared with one and all, so many thanks Julie for spreading smiles all over the site !

hugs happiness and health (with smiles !)

Dawn xx

Anonymous

Hi Julie,

Thank you for sharing your story! Reading it brightened my day too!

Eva

If we all bring a smile to just one face every day, the world would be a better place.  Thanks for your comment, Sweetie. 🙂

Wearing a smile and being kind is infectious. Be a carrier!!!

Loved the short story.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

your story put a smile on my face.
      Sandy

A random smile is the most amazing thing, I often ask,behind my mask, can you tell Im smiling? Invariably, the answer is yes, your eyes show it.
      Thank you,Julie, You shared, and spread your smile
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Remember that women smile more than men so keep that smile beaming and people will smile back and accept you just the way you are.

😁

Beth

Agreed – but these masks sure make it harder! (giggle)

Anonymous

Hello Julie that was lovely a simple kind word can be all it takes, thank you for sharing your story.

Best Wishes

Sarah xx

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?