• Creator
    Topic
    stephanie plumb
    Participant
    Registered On: November 17, 2018
    Topics: 157
    Replies: 2114

“A sour draught sweetens not in the waiting.”

Is a  line in E.R. Eddisons wonderful novel “The Worm Oroboros”  – a fantasy story about a quest that has no end – written in sort-of Chaucerian Old English.

Translation:  Don’t put something off  … it doesn’t get any better by delaying it.  Or literally – a sour drink doesn’t get any sweeter if you let it stand.

Even if “you liketh it not overmuch.”  Wonderful prose …… is it not!

So girls, do you find yourself delaying tasks that you really should be doing, especially when in the grip of the “Pink Fog” and would rather browse amazon or CDH? Or because you are dressed en-femme and would rather preen and admire yourself?

Those windows won’t clean themselves, nor will the loo!  An old adage is “Don’t put off ’till tomorrow what you should do today.”  Or  the jobs list grows ever longer until it brings down your mood.

Does this strike a chord with anyone?

Stephanie P – a seasoned prevaricator

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Bridgette VonSmirff
      Lady
      Registered On: October 18, 2020
      Topics: 32
      Replies: 1040

I mastered the fine art of procrastination long before I became a CD. I’ve also found that as long as I’m not attempting makeup I can dress quickly and get a lot done while dressed and feel good while doing it. Usually simple housework, but with some variation in dress I can get more challenging things done, even outside, but if working out there i most often leave the wig off, as the breeze tends to make it blow around in my face anyways. I used to have long hair, and that was one of my reasons for cutting it short, the other being…a certain common thinning problem. And I always thought a balding man with long hair was just…off to me.

Bridgette

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Falecia McGuire
      Lady
      Registered On: January 11, 2019
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 156

Turning the Pink Fog Around!

I don’t want to carry on or boast, but I’ll advocate again for turning that Pink Fog around.  I used to get caught up in it as well, like many of you suggest.  When I realized I’d just have to give it up if I couldn’t channel it productively, I started to plan my tasks and the day with dressing up as an integral part.  I’d even develop optional tasks that would please JoAnn and allow me to CD!  Laundry, house cleaning, and grocery shopping were no brainers.  Cooking took more planning because some things take more prep time while others can be put together and then marinate, bake, or chill by themselves.  CD can be coordinated with being very productive.  During my productive period I wrote a children’s book and put together a complex video montage for JoAnn’s surprise birthday party.  Tasks outside the home, like shopping, were an opportunity to develop my androgynous look.  I found that women’s jeans (or shorts), blouses or shirts, and wedged or heeled sandals were often overlooked if I was focused and confident in presenting as a male.  I mentioned before that someone I’d come to know even suggested I had an European Look, without ever implying that it was feminine or inappropriate.  Sometimes I’d venture out filled with anxiety about discovery or scrutiny and returned confident that those I encountered accepted me as I was.  Did some of them think me peculiar?  Odds are that they did!  But if they didn’t call me out, I was OK with it.  I think JoAnn is very nervous about the recognition of my feminine propensities, but I believe if she could tolerate it, she’d find it less of a deal.  Some women I’ve encountered (in the produce isle or in thrift stores) seemed intrigued and fascinated by my ability to navigate heels or my use of accessories like fashion belts and necklaces.  Then I’d head back home ready to continue my tasks until Happy Hour!

FAM

2 users thanked author for this post.
        stephanie plumb
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: November 17, 2018
        Topics: 157
        Replies: 2114

Well done you!  Channelling one of the  negative aspects of the Pink Fog is a great idea. I like the thought of preplanning tasks that enhance the dressing experience! It’s so easy to let the fun and enjoyment of being en-femme to be distracting, if not downright disruptive of getting on with necessary things.

It reminds me of the “Six P’s Rule.”  –  “Perfect Planning Prevents Pi** Poor Performance.”

Of course doing the housework – that fundamentally woman’s job –  (no bricks please from any feminists out there!) is very enjoyable in heels, dress, and wig.  For example, and very much TIC (Tongue-in-cheek) – cleaning the loo is particularly rewarding. I love the way my hair sweeps across my face, and my boobs strain against my bra as I lean down to use the de-freckling brush!  In a low cut top watch out! Or they may pop out!         And keeping the knees together when finding things in a low cupboard is very satisfying.

Next time I get to do an at-home  “gender event” I will think ahead of ways of circumventing the fog’s  disruptive tendencies and being more productive. Thank you.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Bridgette VonSmirff
        Lady
        Registered On: October 18, 2020
        Topics: 32
        Replies: 1040

That’s a great way to do it. I like to do chores around the house while dressed, on those days it’s possible, and I find i can be very productive. Someone on here, I wish I could remember who, also said that vacuuming in heels is a great way to get comfortable and skilled in them.

Bridgette

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Beth Green
      Lady
      Registered On: February 24, 2021
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 238

Having been a DJ for so long my sleep schedule is definitely not normal. A night owl is a mild description. Off to bed about 5am, sleep finally comes about 6 and then stay asleep until noon.

Get up and stumble about in my babydoll until the brain and body get in sinc. Getting ready for the day depends on schedule (usually nothing) and the weather outside.

Once an outfit is chosen its dress and head outside for a smoke. (No smoking indoors) Now check CDH, e-mail and a couple of on going internet games. Make brunch and do whatever I feel like.

I’m a life long procrastinator and living alone causes chores to accumulate as I feel no need to be right on it. Right now I am procrastinating on three days of dishes, mopping the kitchen floor and vacuuming the living room. I’m sure there are other things I should do but I have pushed them out of my mind.

Beth

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Polly Stewart
      Lady
      Registered On: January 2, 2021
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 957

“Put off today what you can put off tomorrow”… manãna! Island time, Pacific time, siesta time… you get the idea!

🌴🎍🎋🥂🍻🍸🍹🍾🍷🧘🏼🏝🏖⛱

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Marti
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 5, 2019
      Topics: 24
      Replies: 333

Hi Stephanie,

I was going to answer this yesterday, but got distracted.

It is quite common for my distractions to themselves be interrupted by another distraction. Which has the same effect as procrastination.

BUT I know the house will have been blitzed by tomorrow, in time to receive my first stop-over visitor for over a year. And to stash everything away. So when ‘needs must’ it gets done.

Marti xxx

Regi Kelly
      Princess
      Registered On: October 9, 2020
      Topics: 36
      Replies: 1053

Good question, Stephanie.

My answer has to be yes, and no. In the house, I have to keep all chores done, as they are needed, but I do them dressed as Regine, complete with apron. I do spend a little more time in here, and shopping online than I maybe should, but what’s a girl to do? lol
      Now, outside chores, I do tend to put off as long as possible, because I’m in full view of the neighborhood, and I cant do them after dark, lol, So,, I procrastinate, there. But, one of these days, a new girl will be cutting the grass, trimming the bushes, and fixing the car, lol
      Hugs, Regi👸💕

Amanda Burton
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: January 15, 2020
      Topics: 34
      Replies: 1555

Well no I am really always up together with most chores, I like to be as free as I can be by the weekends. Admit it does not always work out like that.
      It’s absolutely right in most saying, what you put off today still needs to be done tomorrow, and tomorrow has jobs of its on to do. Jobs done means more down time to enjoy one’s pleasures be it shopping, dressing or just simply relaxation.

Mary Jane
      Lady
      Registered On: September 30, 2020
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 206

Oh yeah. Dressing can be the greatest source of procrastination.

I was cleaning out the shed yesterday..(we have a mouse / rat plague out western NSW. (Im catching 200 – 500 a night in bucket traps, around the house and in the sheds.) B4 I started I did my nails. Bit of lippy. Some ear rings. And my hair.

And thought I’d put on a dress for a little while. Which turned into a few hours.

Eventually I donned jeans, work shirt and got into it.

Amanda Burton
        Baroness - Annual

Wow Mary that is indeed a serious infestation, do you get any government help?. What’s causing such Hugh numbers?

Mary Jane
          Lady
          Registered On: September 30, 2020
          Topics: 17
          Replies: 206

Hi Amanda. Past couple of years we had a big drought. Then the drought broke. We had a bumper crop of summer / winter crops. And a warm dryish winter.

The rodent problem exploded. We have stopped them getting inside enmass. Maybe catch 4 or 6 inside a day.  (Non last night.) But, without the traps around the sheds and cabin, they get into the walls and roof, and chew and run amok.

Sadly no government help. I put raitbait in the roof cavity. And make a concoction of bi carb and instant mash potato to place in the sheds and under the house. Mice and rats can’t belch or fart, and they blow up like a balloon.

Baiting is cruel. But we have no choice. Rat bait takes 4 to 5 days to work. And the danger is if our dogs catch and eat one that ate commercial bait, could get really sick, or die…

Its rather frustrating. I (along sude others) have been the target of animal rights idiots for controlling them. But without control measures, 100 mice will become 40 000 within a few months.

We had an inch of rain during the week. If we get another 2 inches and a huge cold snap, nature will take care of them.

Thanks for asking.

4 users thanked author for this post.
            Amanda Burton
            Baroness - Annual

Thanks for replying, God it must be a nightmare. As for animals rights campaigners, I don’t think they grasp the reality of the situation sometimes. We had them over here letting mink out of mink farms. Now I don’t believe in mink farms for fashion, but the devastating effects on the surrounding wildlife was a catastrophe, mink are prolific killers. Sadly poison is often the most effective way of dealing with infestations quickly.

Falecia McGuire
      Lady
      Registered On: January 11, 2019
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 156

You guys make me think of a past time (almost 7 years straight) when I could dress most of every day.  I was consulting and could work from home or on my laptop from wherever I wanted.  JoAnn work 8:00 to 4:30.  I did most of the household chores, laundry, and cooking.  In addition, I remodeled most ever room in the house with an occasional assistant I could hire for specialized electric, plumbing, or painting in our two-story living room.  I would dress whenever I was alone and did not expect company – although I learned some great techniques for quick change.  This was both the most productive and relaxed period of my life.  The reduced tension and distraction gave me incredible focus and stamina.  For many endeavors, I could dress with skirts, hose, and heels.  Some lifting and more physical tasks, I’d have lose the heels and wear jeans or something less vulnerable to damage or injury.  I learned early, that I could not let myself get caught up in dressing; that I would have to make it a coordinated part of my day.  I did a lot of self-talk and convinced myself that I deserved the CD and my “collection” of shoes, outfits, and lingerie because I was so productive and saved so much by doing costly remodeling by myself.  Often, JoAnn was amazed at the things I could accomplish.  I’m virtually certain she knew that I dressed while she was at work, but figured I fit it in with the household tasks.  I don’t think she imagined that the dressing kind of turned me into Wonder Woman!  Now, without the solitary periods, I’m far less productive.  What can I say?  We love being retired together, but Diana Prince no longer has competition!

FAM

Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 16, 2021
      Topics: 85
      Replies: 1821

Hi Steph….hope you’re having a great day…

I’m a tidy girl, all my chores are done as and when they need to be done but that is during the week…..however long it takes, everything is cleared ready for the weekend…

weekends are Grace’s, I’m dressed to kill for two solid days so…..nooooo, I drift through Amazon or other sites looking at clothes etc…or I’m on here …but cleaning the oven or cleaning the windows…..in these nails!!!!….I don’t think so darling.

uncorking wine or a bit of ironing or cooking is as heavy as it gets, it’s called….planning…

Grace ❤️

Stephanie Bass
      Princess - Annual
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 1779

Hi Stephanie as much as i try to put off things ha ha.. The wife has her list and things have to be done well like her side of the list is so much shorter than the other side as Hubby and Stephanie have the other 2  thirds of the list to complete so cant put it off as my side gets longer every day ha ha better go lots to do  ..

Stephanie Bass

Jane MacLeod
      Lady
      Registered On: March 4, 2021
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 29

Don’t often get time to dress but often have dilemma of dressing or doing the chores. Some days frustratingly just can’t spare time other days can’t resist the urge. Thought of these lovely clothes hair and makeup to strong.

Always get wrapped up in the session and lose track of times. Guess that the pink fog.Then it’s a rush to get cleared up and back to normal.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account