• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Wanted to take the time to say thank you to all who served their country and especially to those who made the ultimate sacrifice–and also as well as the family members who lost loved ones. This year is especially hard as our elderly face a new enemy- the Covid virus. At a time when we may most want to be with them, we cannot for fear of exposing them to deadly risks. While a poor substitute, I encourage each of you to call, write,email or text a veteran (or a family member who lost someone who served) and let them know that they are not forgotten. It was their sacrifices that allow us to have the freedom to be ourselves. And for our WW2 vets especially- whose numbers are decreasing all too rapidly as they succumb to old age- thank you for giving up years of your young adulthood tat we might enjoy decades of peace!
      Cyn

I wrote this last year for Memorial Day and I hope it gives us all pause or thought this weekend.
      https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/never-forget-them/

Anonymous

Thank you for remembering us, Cyn.  You posted this last year, just after I joined CDH, and I was touched by the thought.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Anonymous

Allons, Blackhorse!

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Words can never repay y’all Bettylou!

Thank you Cyn.

It is important that we remember those that paid the ultimate sacrifice.  Unfortunately this year there will not be the usual parades and speeches to honor those who gave their lives so that we can enjoy the freedoms we have.  We can however visit a veterans cemetery, donate to a Veterans organization or find a way to leave a message for a Gold Star family.

To remind us of what their sacrifice means I would suggest the movies “Taking Chance” and “The Last Full Measure”.  They are both very powerful and emotional movies about men who paid the price for freedom and the lives they touched.

Suzanne

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

Be sure to watch the National Memorial Day Concert on PBS at 8pm EDT this Sunday
        Cyn

Always enjoy that – have that and the National Memorial Day Parade o Mon programmed to record.

Thanks for the heads up though.  It is a great concert.

Hi Skippy Thank you for your thoughts . It is a sad day for me. When you think all of those lovely brave people who gave up that precious gift of life just preserve what so many of us take for granted.The very least we can do is take a moment and say thank you. We are so fortunate to be able to enjoy living a full life with freedoms that are unprecedented in world history. Thank You for all you who have served and those who have survived this terrible wars . Democracy and freedom is worth fighting for, our children and grandchild will get to enjoy the freedoms we all enjoy because of you. Luv Stephanie

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Thanks Cynthia, Having never served we/I need to be thankful to those who gave the ultimate.  We also need to those who served and came home changed.  Wounded physically and emotionally, those who saw and did things that left deep scars.  My eternal thanks to all who served, those who left there buddies behind.  If you are one of those, thanks and get the help you need and don’t become one of the statistics.  Most of all let us never forget.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Thanks to those who read and reflected today. Always remember!
      Cyn

Thank you Cyn. Deeply sobering post. My heart is blessed.

Anonymous

It hasn’t been mentioned yet, so I guess I’ll take the podium.  I think another good way we can thank our vets is to use the freedoms that they paid so dearly for.  Please get out and vote this November, whatever form our election will eventually take.  I think that a refusal to use the cherished liberties that so many have sacrificed for would be an insult to all our vets, both living and dead.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?