Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

So today I had my first real shopping experience dressed.  I had just received my new breast forms (yay!) and wanted to celebrate with a new outfit, including a bra and panty set.

With the breast forms I also had ordered a pair of padded panties to give me just a bit more shape, so I felt slightly more confident pulling on my ladies jeans over a pair of tights.  Then my favorite Glamorise “Perfect A” Bra with a camisole over that, and a pink Lands End blouse.

The best part (and most nerve wracking) was makeup — I’d never gone out in makeup before.  Foundation, concealer, blush, powder, mascara, and very red lipstick.  The makeup was fairly subtle, but there was no denying the lipstick.

I should quickly add that my hair was its usual very short self; I don’t have a wig, and my goal today was not to pass — just to hold myself out there as a person who wanted to buy some new clothes.

A pair of sensible flats (I’m over 6′ tall already) and it was into the car and off to the Lane Bryant, where I met Berry who asked if she could help me find anything.  I said that I had just gotten my new forms and wanted a bra fitting to get the right size.  She whisked me back to the dressing room and we got straight to work.  I removed my blouse and she measured around my chest, suggesting a 40 band.  Based on the size of my forms, she brought me 2 40C and 2 40D bras to try.  I found the band a bit too tight (she agreed) and then brought me a few 42 C and D bras.  I found a lovely, lightly lined  full coverage black lace bra in 42C that was a great fit and held my forms securely.  She also brought back a few panties that were a close match.

Then she found a lovely pair of slacks and a few blouses for me to try.

I ended up buying two bras, three pairs of panties, two blouses, a pair of slacks, and a bracelet.  Berry was extra helpful at the checkout, even helping me find an online coupon to help me stay within my budget for the day.

Berry was kind, helpful, and compassionate.  I look forward to going back to see her again soon.

My next goal is a full makeover at a salon — and at some point I really need to get a wig or two.  Also need to get a pair of ladies eyeglasses.

Thank you Lane Bryant!

Terri
      Duchess

What a great story. I have shopped at Lane Bryant also and found the sales helpfull also. Dress Barn, Torrid, Avenue are used to seeing us girls . I just bought a pair of eyeglasses online at glassesusa.com and was extremely satisfied.

Terri

Yes, LB is very nonjudgmental and very comfortable to shop or just pick up an online shipped free to the store.

Panties are always on sale 3/$33 for expensive style and 5/$35 for less expensive. I love their thongs, split croutch, and so many others.

And Terri thanks for the glasses tip. I’ve been using Zenni Optical. Very inexpensive if your not going outside and skip the glare protection. I get a plain pair for TV no pun and a bifocal pair for reading and two more of the same for drab.

Jennifer
      Lady

What a lovely experience; thanks for sharing it with us, Jenny!  It is such a huge confidence booster!  Congrats on your trip; hope there’s a lot more fun ahead!

Hugs,  Jen

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?