Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So preface: life is weird.

I recently reconnected with an online buddy of mine I’ve known for many years (who for context is about half my age and lives several time zones away) and we ended up coming out to each other, me about the crossdressing, her about… other stuff I’ll respect her confidence about.

As has been historically our habit we chatted for a good long time, during which time she mentioned her and her SO LARPing (live action roleplaying, for those not in the know… basically Dungeons and Dragons but you actually exercise. I know I’m butchering the definition but again, context). Now this is something I’ve never really gotten into though I’m a consummate geek and have roleplayed in just about any other context you can think of.

Anyway, in an almost throwaway comment she said she almost invited me to one of their events but forgot I was so far away. I was like… actually, maybe we can make this work. I’m about due for another visit to my dad’s which puts me like 2/3 of the way there. And I do value meeting my online friends in person whenever possible.

At this point she drops the bomb on me. Oh by the way, she says, if you want to play a female character nobody will object, just tell them what pronouns to use in and out of character. If you could have seen my face light up! This could be a golden opportunity: out of state, with someone supportive I’ve known for years, among a group of people who literally pretend to be someone else one weekend out of every month.

So yeah, to say I’m excited is an understatement. Though the date’s probably more than a year out I’m already getting ideas for character and costuming (female, duh!) and starting to wrap my brain around the rules.

So yeah… mostly just sharing that, but also wondering if any of you girls have had experience LARPing en femme and any wisdom you can share on the subject.

Cheers!

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Sounds like fun. I know you are going to have a good time.

Hugs, Liara

Hi Val,

Seems like a wonderful opportunity to enjoy reuniting with your friend and able to express the true you.  Have fun planning.

Alice

Anonymous

Hi Val’sheril,

I think I would visit you friend first before I got into any games. Besides you don’t know her other game members or the level they take the game to.. Caution is probably the word I would use.

Lol Amanda xx

You’re wise to point that out, and in most cases I’d tend to agree.  I know there’s going to be a lot of strangers involved, but honestly that would be the case even if I did it close to home since I don’t really know any larpers.  Conversely, close to home the paranoia about being discovered would likely kick in… did I mention the special blend of neuroses that guide my day-to-day life?

Don’t worry though, I’ll be careful, and I do know how to take care of myself if need be.

That sounds really cool.  What is the them of the larp ?  I’ve seen medieval; I’ve suggested to the people i work with that we should try a call of duty larp but they weren’t sure if security would like us running around the building with toy guns.

I say go for it.  You live and breath the theme of the larp, and I can imagine it would be immense fun.

It’s medieval/fantasy, pretty standard as far as that goes.  A good place to start, particularly given the clothing options.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?