Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

A Whole New World
      As I pondered where my life journey has taken me these past twelve months and where the coming year will lead me, the Disney song, “A Whole New World”, came to mind. Like the lyrics to Frozen, this song describes the variety of feelings and emotions I have been feeling as I explore the part of me that had been hidden for so many decades.

I can show you the world
      Shining, shimmering, splendid
      Tell me, princess, now when did
      You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
      Take you wonder by wonder
      Over, sideways and under
      On a magic carpet ride

A whole new world
      A new fantastic point of view
      No one to tell us no or where to go
      Or say we’re only dreaming

A whole new world
      A dazzling place I never knew
      But when I’m way up here, it’s crystal clear
      That now I’m in a whole new world with you
      Now I’m in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable sights
      Indescribable feeling
      Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
      Through an endless diamond sky

A whole new world
      Don’t you dare close your eyes
      A hundred thousand things to see
      (Hold your breath, it gets better)

I’m like a shooting star
      I’ve come so far
      I can’t go back
      To where I used to be

A whole new world
      Every turn a surprise
      With new horizons to pursue
      Every moment red-letter

I’ll chase them anywhere
      There’s time to spare
      Let me share this whole new world with you

A whole new world
      That’s where we’ll be
      A thrilling chase
      A wondrous place
      For you and me

I realize the lyrics were originally meant to describe the feelings of new love, but they also apply to discovering who you really are inside and letting the world see that person without worrying about the filters our minds place in the way-“What will people think?”,” Am I just being foolish?”, or “What are you THINKING?”. While it IS important to pay attention to the things our heads say, we also need to listen to our hearts and souls as they cry out for the freedom to simply be who we are meant to be-regardless of how we may have been born and the restrictions with which society tries to fence us in.

The freedom to soar through the skies is an incredible feeling, seeing things we had only dreamt in our minds and following those dreams as we let loose the power that each of us has if we look inside ourselves. Over this past year, I have taken steps that I would never have believed I could if you had asked me three years ago. Going out as Cynthia to a museum, to a concert, to the movie, to shop for clothes-and the biggest step of all: spending a week en femme at the Southern Comfort Conference (a large CD/TG conference) in Florida last September. The highlight of that adventure included my first (but certainly NOT my LAST) mani/pedi, several meals out in restaurants, walking and shopping at a major mall, making new friends while hanging with current friends, and even wearing my bikini at the pool on a midnight swim party several times. (There are even rumors that I was seen dancing at the last song they played in the lounge  !)

Later in the song, it says” I’ve come so far; I can’t go back To where I used to be”. This is definitely true for me. Though I am still uncertain how far things will go for Cyn on her odyssey, I do know there is no putting her back in the bottle. Having tasted the freedom to soar, her wings won’t be clipped. So what does this mean for you? Well the sky is a huge place, and there’ plenty of room for each and every one of you to join the flock. Whether you are a crossdresser or one who presents as female part or full time or have already or plan to fully transitioned, there is strength in being part of a flock where we can take turns leading and following, The song says it well- “ There’s time to spare; Let me share this whole new world with you. A whole new world
      That’s where we’ll be–A thrilling chase, A wondrous place For you and me!

Come Fly With Me into 2017!!!

Luv,
      Cyn

I once read an article by an artist who was asked the question , “what is the meaning of your art by a patron at a gallery show. His response was to ask the speaker what she saw in the art. After listening to her response, the artist said that is correct. As the speaker was shocked, the artist explained that art will always be in the beholder. What of each of sees and hears may be different , but each is as valid as the other for we all view the world through lens as unique as snowflakes.

How you see such a song describe your experiences is as beautiful as you? Thanx for sharing your experiences with all of us.  You are an inspiration to many.

Mac

Anonymous

2016_crossdresser transgender chat: skippy1965(Cynthia) original post: 

A Whole New World

As I pondered where my life journey has taken me these past twelve months and where the coming year will lead me, the Disney song, “A Whole New World”, came to mind. Like the lyrics to Frozen, this song describes the variety of feelings and emotions I have been feeling as I explore the part of me that had been hidden for so many decades.

I can show you the world

Shining, shimmering, splendid

Tell me, princess, now when did

You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes

Take you wonder by wonder

Over, sideways and under

On a magic carpet ride

A whole new world

A new fantastic point of view

No one to tell us no or where to go

Or say we’re only dreaming

A whole new world

A dazzling place I never knew

But when I’m way up here, it’s crystal clear

That now I’m in a whole new world with you

Now I’m in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable sights

Indescribable feeling

Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling

Through an endless diamond sky

A whole new world

Don’t you dare close your eyes

A hundred thousand things to see

(Hold your breath, it gets better)

I’m like a shooting star

I’ve come so far

I can’t go back

To where I used to be

A whole new world

Every turn a surprise

With new horizons to pursue

Every moment red-letter

I’ll chase them anywhere

There’s time to spare

Let me share this whole new world with you

A whole new world

That’s where we’ll be

A thrilling chase

A wondrous place

For you and me

I realize the lyrics were originally meant to describe the feelings of new love, but they also apply to discovering who you really are inside and letting the world see that person without worrying about the filters our minds place in the way-“What will people think?”,” Am I just being foolish?”, or “What are you THINKING?”. While it IS important to pay attention to the things our heads say, we also need to listen to our hearts and souls as they cry out for the freedom to simply be who we are meant to be-regardless of how we may have been born and the restrictions with which society tries to fence us in.

The freedom to soar through the skies is an incredible feeling, seeing things we had only dreamt in our minds and following those dreams as we let loose the power that each of us has if we look inside ourselves. Over this past year, I have taken steps that I would never have believed I could if you had asked me three years ago. Going out as Cynthia to a museum, to a concert, to the movie, to shop for clothes-and the biggest step of all: spending a week en femme at the Southern Comfort Conference (a large CD/TG conference) in Florida last September. The highlight of that adventure included my first (but certainly NOT my LAST) mani/pedi, several meals out in restaurants, walking and shopping at a major mall, making new friends while hanging with current friends, and even wearing my bikini at the pool on a midnight swim party several times. (There are even rumors that I was seen dancing at the last song they played in the lounge  !)

Later in the song, it says” I’ve come so far; I can’t go back To where I used to be”. This is definitely true for me. Though I am still uncertain how far things will go for Cyn on her odyssey, I do know there is no putting her back in the bottle. Having tasted the freedom to soar, her wings won’t be clipped. So what does this mean for you? Well the sky is a huge place, and there’ plenty of room for each and every one of you to join the flock. Whether you are a crossdresser or one who presents as female part or full time or have already or plan to fully transitioned, there is strength in being part of a flock where we can take turns leading and following, The song says it well- “ There’s time to spare; Let me share this whole new world with you. A whole new world

That’s where we’ll be–A thrilling chase, A wondrous place For you and me!

Come Fly With Me into 2017!!!

Luv,

Cyn

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

test

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?