Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Yesterday after work, I went to Soma (one of my favorite intimates stores) for a personalized bra fitting. I didn’t really need someone to help me choose the right bra size, but Soma recently began a computerized fitting system, where you put on what looks like a sports bra that has electronic chips and circuitry in it. The person helping you connects it to a tablet and – voila! – It shows a bra size recommendation based on your actual body size and type!

My salesperson was Adrienne, and I was her first (crossdresser, that is)…lol! She was so sweet – and unafraid to ask me questions about what I loved about women’s clothes…did my wife know and understand…was I nervous about shopping in a women’s store…things like that. She was funny and we laughed a lot! Adrienne went out of her way to make me comfortable – and we spent over an hour trying on different bras (I ended up buying six very pretty ones)…

SO – to any of my sisters in the Denver area who may be reading this (especially if you’ve never shopped at Soma)…I recommend you visit the boutique at Park Meadows Mall…ALL of the sales clerks are very much open to helping crossdressers feel comfortable and making them feel feminine and beautiful!

So TODAY, I’m doing something a little bit daring…I’m wearing one of my new “Enbliss” bralettes under my clothes here at the office…of course I don’t have my breast forms in, but I did decide to leave the foam inserts that come with the bralette in place…so I have just the faintest hint of “more than usual” up front. I’ll let you know later if anyone says anything!

Have a beautiful day!

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Shawna, so very cool!  It is in those moments that we may hopefully see that the world is getting a bit brighter for our community.

Anonymous

How right you are, Michelle!

Anonymous

Hi Shawna thanks for sharing your story. It sounds simple but it is so nice to be accepted and helped while shopping. Even uplifting. No wonder girls love shopping so much. I bought a new wig in an open mall the other day and an Indian lady joined in my choosing – she was so nice and helpful I was bouncing with happiness without a care in the world afterwards. If I get to Denver I’m going straight to Soma.

Hugs Christine xx

Anonymous

Let me know when you get here, Christinajane – and I’ll go with you!

I had a wonderful experience shopping today also! I went to a mall and found a woman’s only store Christopher and Banks. The lady seemed somewhat surprised at first that the jeans were for me but she was awesome. She didn’t have the style I wanted so she sent me to ny and company. They were a little more stuffy but still very nice. I bought two pairs of super skinny jeans. I love them! I went back to the first store and bought a few tops and found another pair of jeans a little looser in the legs but oh so nice and we chatted about the area.

On the way out I stopped in a shoe store and was looking at some nice strappy things and he pointed men’s shoes are back here. I wasn’t offended or even put off. The way he was talking he just wanted to sell some shoes. He went about it wrong if he would’ve been more observant and saw my bags he probably would’ve accomplished just that. I just took it as a sign that I’m not ready for public quite yet. If I bought shoes id probably be out right now.

I wasn’t hung up on shoes I got some lovely silicone breast forms at a sex toy shop on my way home. The woman there was awesome as well. We chatted she showed me all kinds of accessories. An older gentleman came in and stood next to me and said don’t be shy and bared his own bra! We all chatted about where the tolerant stores are that let you use their fitting rooms. Apparently there are some that won’t but I didn’t have any problems at all.

I think next week will be huge also. I want to get makeup and shoes and a wig but makeup isn’t really that high on my list. Oh and a purse 😍. I really want to go out dressed to do this because to me these things complete the portrait. I kinda feel I have to be dressed to get these things. It’s going to be a little weird if I do dress, walking into a shoe store dressed in skin tight jeans a nice top aaaaaaaaaaand sketchers 🤓

Anonymous

What a great day, Toni! More pleasant than just being accepted for who we are, is when we find someone who actually cares!

Hugs!

Omg yes! The lady in Christopher and Banks definitely didn’t really know what to do with me and she was way off on guessing my size and fit but she faced the challenge and got to know me enough so that she could assist me. She really wanted me to walk out with what I came in for. 😘❤️

Anonymous

Just a quick update…not a single comment or indication that anyone noticed that I had a bit more curves than usual…I even sat directly across from the only “other” woman at my office for an hour going over financials – and nothing…lol!

Oh, well…at least I felt beautiful!

Shawna –

love Soma. The staff at the one I have gone to in the past has always been so welcoming, kind, genuine – the superlatives are endless. I do not pass, so all of my shopping is done as a man, and they’ve never once batted an eye or been anything but lovely. I have been to other places in the mall (VS, department stores) and had mixed results – but never at a Soma!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?