Tagged: 

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Lea.
Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Yesterday, I went shopping with a mission to find a new summer dress for Easter Sunday.  I started with my usual haunts, but though I found several dresses that fit, none really appealed to me.  I didn’t just want another dress — I was looking for something special.  Before giving up, I decided to visit one more shop before throwing in the towel.  In retrospect, I am thankful that I did as it led to the most wonderful experience that I have had shopping.

After browsing the shop’s offerings for several minutes, a salesperson greeted me and inquired which of the women was my wife.  Be aware that I was shopping in my masculine persona.  (I do not usually shop in my feminine persona.)  After I informed her that my wife was not with me, she asked if I was shopping for her.  I smiled and had to choke off a laugh — my wife is a size 8, and I was shopping at a shop which caters to plus size woman.  I explained that I was shopping  for myself.  The salesperson was a true professional.  Smoothly shifting gears, she inquired if it was for a special occasion.  After I shared that I just wanted a new dress for Easter, she showed me several dresses that she thought would look good on me and explained that one dress in which I was interested was more form fitting and would probably not be the best choice.  I selected several dresses to try on and she showed me to a fitting room.  And at no time did she treat me any different that the other patrons which made me feel very comfortable.

While in the fitting room, the salesperson checked on me several times, inquiring if everything was all right.  She also gladly retrieved a different size of one of the dresses that I was previewing.  For the first time while shopping, I was relaxed and enjoyed trying on each dress in turn.  Carefully examining each dress in the mirror, I identifying each’s pluses and minuses.  In the end, I selected 2 dresses and 2 skirts that I would like to purchase.

Unfortunately, despite how much I like the dresses and skirts, I knew that I could not afford all four pieces.  Agonizingly, I chose the black and white plaid fit and flare summer dress and a skirt with a similar pattern, returning the other dress and skirt to their racks.  Taking my choices to register, I explained to the salesperson that I could not afford all four pieces though I did like each.  It was also very difficult to decline the salesperson’s offer to assist in finding a top to go with the skirt.

All in all, the experience was wonderful.  I walked out of the shop feeling more confident that I have before.  I look forward to visiting the shop again.

Leonara
      Ambassador

Mackenzie
      What a nice story… Thank you so much for sharing… Your experience gives me confidence that I shouldn’t be shy when buying for my self. I usually buy at Christmas or my wife’s birthday…I’m sure the salesperson knows something when I buy a size 8 and a 12!!!
      Any chance revealing the store with your “wonderful shopping experience” ?
      Leonara

MacKenzie,

That is an awesome story!  I love to hear stories like this.  My experience with sales people is with the “lower end” of the shoping stores.  I think I could have taken a clown outfit into the dressing room and nobody would have noticed or said anything. I hear so many good stories, I wonder what are the truly horrible sales people stories?

Rose
      Lady

That’s awesome, Mac!

Lea
      Lady

Hi Mackenzie – what a wonderful experience!

It’s so nice when salespeople or other customers treat us with respect, regardless of what we’re shopping for our how we’re dressed. My day has gotten better so many times just by having a positive reaction while shopping. Those experiences have given me confidence to go out more feminine looking or venture into more stores. There truly are a lot of nice people out there (and here)!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?