Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I have something that I need to ask, hoping thats okay with everyone. There’s one thing that I don’t know how to deal with. I have so far only been wearing dresses at home. I like soft tissue and pink is my favourite. Also wearing panties because it feels good. I am thinking a lot about makeup, I would like to use it, it makes me excited. I have not that good self confidence, well pretty bad actually and I don’t think my face looks good and that I will never be pretty. But then I tried something online, it was Maybelline and an online makeup tool where you can choose foundation etc. And i think I was a little bit cute maybe. But my problem is that I am too shy to go to the store and buy. I don’t know what looks good on me either. I have ordered some online but it would be easier to just go and buy. Maybe I can go to the store but then I have to go to a lot of stores because I would feel som intimidated buying a lot of stuff, so I have to buy on or maybe two things in each store. And that feels on the other hand cumbersome. One reason I guess is that I am basically ashamed of how I look and the other thing is that I am a guy. I am quite lonely so I can’t ask female friends either. I would never dare to ask about advice of makeup for me in a store, I’m just dying thinking of it, my heart starts to  go faster. Well, I just wanted to express my feelings and talk to you a bit.

Kisses!

Anonymous

Hi Emily, and welcome.  Choosing the right makeup can be daunting; I delayed for over a year before I tried – and then I bit the bullet and went to Ulta for a makeover to learn a correct procedure.  There are many good tutorials on YouTube, but every girl seems to do it differently, and there is still the issue of correct foundation to match your skin tone.  You do have to admit to being a CD when you make the appointment, but they are very CD-friendly and non-judgemental. and will teach you as they do the process.  And of course, sell you the same stuff used for your makeover.  Macy’s and Sephora are also good places to go, but you are more exposed to the public in their chairs.  Ulta is in the back, away from most traffic – which may be important to you.

And may I add: actually admitting to someone you are a CD is an important step on the road to self-acceptance and being comffortable with this thing of ours.  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, and I will do my best to help.

Bettylou

Hi Emily

Go somewhere nobody knows you, pick a counter and just go for it! The beautician is there to help and advise, and he/she will    treat you with respect.

You will come away a lot more knowledge and feeling fabulous. And if you get all the products at one counter you will have completed your mission at one counter and made a friend in the beautician for buying her products (they must get some kind of commission).

I just went for it, and got a free makeover as well!!!

Better to do something and regret it (but you won’t) than not do something and regret not doing it.

Just my opinion.

❤️B

Anonymous

Thank you so much for your support, it means a lot. I have decided to go for it and go to the store early in the morning exactly when they open. That way it’ll probably be empty. I hope to god that I’ll talk to someone that actually cares and is willing to help. I have actually made my makeup online and also with different hairstyles, amazing what you can do with computers these days 🙂 and it turned out really nice, not too much but girly and cute. I think to myself that I can start talking to the lady in the store explaining and I can show her the girly image of me with makeup on, that way she’ll get it and she’ll understand how I’d like it. It’s just the moment of truth, you wanna sink through the floor. I just have to stay positive and try not to think, just do it.

Emily at first it will feel strange going in and buying women’s items,but over time you,ll get more comfortable with it where it won’t bother you any more.

Anonymous

Emily,

These days we have to wear masks into stores. When I go grocery shopping, the stores that I go to also have a cosmetics aisle. Wearing a mask has helped me as I am less afraid of someone recognizing me as I browse the makeup. You probably would wear a mask into a makeup store and will take it off for the makeover. Maybe that will set you mind at ease a little going into the place? I want to go for a makeover and get the recommend colors for me. I am going to wait until this Covid thing is over. From the stories that I have read, these makeup stores are very friendly and helpful to us with trans feelings. And like several others have suggested, visit a place in another town.

Emily,

Believe it or not your dilemma mirrors my own. I am also interested into taking the next step and experiment with makeup, and to be honest do not know how to take the plunge. Thus far, I have been unable to locate anywhere “makeup classes” are offered. You Tube videos are good for DIY on some of the more simple applications but using eye liner, eye lash mascara I completely lack experience and confidence to apply them myself. There is so much to learn about moisturizing applying foundation and application techniques I do not know where to begin.

I would like to ask the ladies here on CDH if they can offer any tips or advice for somebody that is new to the world of makeup. Thank you.

Misha Monroe
      Duchess

There are a million reasons why someone would want a full coverage foundation that matches their skin tone.  (The current US President wouldn’t be seen publicly without it!)   So ask a pro!  The person working the makeup counter at your local drug store or department store considers herself a pro. And every pro loves being asked for advice.  And you’ll get even better advice and product in a shop like MAC or Sephora.  They are my go to makeup sources, and I’ve never been in either en femme.  Ive always been in boy drab, and they are all eager to help.  Go for it, Sister!

Hey chick dnt ever be embarrassed I was nervous the first time I brought make up but it does get easier

Hi Emily,

The hardest part of makeup is getting the skin right, here in the UK makeup for men is taking off with many stores having walk in sessions where men can learn and get help. In one store the first two customers were over 65!

Even men can be beautiful.

Sally xx

[postquote quote=360771]

Exactly what I was going to say, though I haven’t tried it yet. There is an Ulta near-by for myself. You may want to try a store away from where you live, so that there is less chance of being recognized.

Jill Marshall
      Duchess

This is excellent advice, regarding Ulta, with the online tutorials DIY makeup is something I’ve kind of hit a wall with but am not really sure what to do next.  The key to open the next door, is to admit to someone else just on the other side that you are CD.  So that is what awaits, and it takes time and proving to oneself.  My last resupply, at our local drugstore, I checked out with a press on manicure, foundation, mascara, and refills on wipes and eye makeup remover.  For me, that has involved years of pushing a little more each visit, and keeping in mind that the place I am trying to get to is more important than what anyone in a drugstore thinks.  It is still hard to take the right amount of time making choices, mere seconds standing before a wall of foundation or lipstick colors feel like an eternity with the eyes of all the world on you.   There’s no other way to resolve it except to do the most you can for yourself, whether it is in small, cautious steps or starting right from the top.  I do hope your trip went well.

Seren
      Baroness

Hey girl 👋

I was the same, and would definitely echo the advice from the other girls, especially Misha. I accidentally had my first makeover when I went into Sephora, just to get a bit of advice on colours. I was also in boy mode, and the girls there were super helpful 😀👍

I came out (🤣) with subtle but full makeup with a bag of goodies and a spring in my step

try it, I guarantee nobody will bat an eye

Seraphina xx

Hiya,

I use YouCam, a handy app which lets you apply makeup and even wigs to get a good idea of the look you’re after and the type of products you need.

Many cosmetic manufacturers have an app built into Amazon for the same reason – but with the obvious limitation that it’s just that product you’re trying.

Really useful if you can make up then try, but to get started, YouCam is awesome.

Make up is very exciting – the colours, textures and smells – just divine!

Experiment a bit – it’s often said that less is more, and it will take a while before you find a look you’re happy with – I’m still searching.

A good set of brushes are real friends. Brush everything except lipstick and mascara – although I have seen pro makeup artists brush those too, for subtle, blended effects.

Enjoy!

Love Laura

The great thing about makeup is that you can do whatever you want to your face. Look up how to contour and do other techniques. I assure you that you are pretty enough and you don’t need to be shy <3

Plenty of online stores have a try now feature, MAC is ok but a little clunky. I have an app on my android phone ‘Artistry Virtual Studio. Before I bought anything it was great for exploring foundation shades and Lipstick colours etc. I love makeup almost as much as dressing (partly because I can do it more often possibly), but playing around with different looks is much more entertaining than me playing Madden Mobile or the likes lol

Hi Emily,You have received some great advice here and once you schedule yourself for a makeover you will be amazed how great you look and feel.The ladies at the cosmetic counters have seen and heard it all so dont be embarresed.Be truthful and answer their questions honestly so they can advise you what is best for you.Enjoy your femininity and have fun.And please buy whatever you are comfortable with.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?