Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Good afternoon everyone.

As an ex member of Her Majesties Armed Forces I was pleased to read an article today in the latest Royal British Legion magazine that all ex service personnel who where dismissed from the Armed Forces on the basis of their sexuality are to have any medals that were awarded to them restored, When I served in the 1980’s to 90’s if you were found out to be in the LGBT group you faced disciplinary action leading to dismissal and a loss of any medals that where awarded to you this included the Falklands, Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts.

The fight is still on though to have their pensions restored to them.

This was the biggest secret I had to keep during my time in the Forces as I did not want to be discharged from the job I loved purely because I liked to wear women’s clothing.

It has taken a long time for these servicemen and women to receive the recognition they deserve for serving Queen and Country and as the topic title says it is about time they got it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this piece.

Samantha x

Dear all

I would like to thank you all for your comments and the thanks regarding this article, it means a lot to me.

Samantha x

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Thank you for posting this Samantha, you are right, it is about time.  Long overdue actually.  Its deplorable the level of discrimination that existed – and still exists – in the Forces of any nation.  Its downright #!*@!!$#* disgusting that medals were taken back.  Disgusting and a slap in the face to someone who put their life on the line.

Yup.  It’s about bloody time!

Stevie

Anonymous

It is a shame that in 2021 there is still so much bigotry and hatred. If you don’t conform with the traditional male/female “society’s standards”, you are considered an outcast by a bigoted society.

This is long overdue good news. It is a small victory in the ongoing war to gain equality and acceptance. We still have a long road ahead of us. The “I don’t give a bloody damn” what society thinks is my new mantra when the fear of “what will people think of me” starts to take over. Thanks so much for the great topic and sharing.

Thanks so much for your service! It is greatly appreciated!

Hugs
      Sarah

Paula
      Lady

You s served your country and should be awarded for peacetime and valor regardless of sexual orientation, and that should never be taken away!

Hi Samantha When you stop and think about it for just a moment it seems a bit silly that a government agency would take the time to enforce such hideous laws. I will bet the one that created the laws was one of us that just got finished purging hoping it will all go away if a law was created. Naw, no one could be that hurtful We all know it does not work that way. Thank you for your commitment to help keeping us all safe from those who only want to harm us and our way of life

Stephanie

Nothing much to say that hasn’t already been said other than to echo the thanks for your service.

-A.

Eona Oh
      Lady

Incredible step forward. Now for restoring pensions!

🥃💖💋

I also served Samantha, but my service was in the ’60s & ’70s. I was RN, and anyone found to be gay was just kicked out, no questions. However, it always amazed me how much female clothing turned up on Sod’s Opera night.

Personally I don’t see wha clothing you wear in your own time has anything to do with how good you are at your job. It’s a disgrace how these people were treated, homosexuality stopped being an offence in the UK in 1968 I think, what has this taken so long. It but have been very hard for you in the armed forces living in close proximity with your colleagues and having to keep it a secret. At least thieve managed to return the medals, but surly their pensions not to mention being dismissed unfairly should be attended to as a matter of priority.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?