Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi lovely ladies,

over the past few years my feminine side has taken over a lot, I now wear nail polish on my hands and toes to which my wife has accepted (thanks to the polished man campaign) The other week I came out to my granddaughter…got dressed up took a big deep breath and Sarah was revealed..her first comment was “you look beautiful” I felt like a huge weight was released off my back, i also told my psychologist and she was really impressed, however I’m still not sure about telling my wife of 25 years as my first marriage lasted 5 years as she came home sick and found Sarah all dressed up.

accepting who you are is very important

Peta Mari
      Lady

I kinda think the striving for self acceptance thing is over rated.

To explain in more detail. If self acceptance was that important, we would totally accept ourselves as men, in a male body. BUT – most of us don’t.

I think once we bridge the gap between who we are / and who we are, we can be content in who we are. If you like, to use that blasted “Acceptance” terminology. While I dislike the tension and conflict this terminology creates, I don’t have any better terminology to replace it.

I’m sitting in a dress right this moment. But am equally comfortable in my jeans. Its a stinking hot and windy day. And the dress is cooler.

To complicate matters. While I’m content being me. I’m aware others may not be. And around them I’m content to be myself as a male.

Anyways. Despite my confused ramble. Well done. And glad life went well for you

Anonymous

Dear Sarah,

There’s a polished man campaign?

Since you already wear polish and your granddaughter knows, it’s just a matter of time before Dear Wife finds out. If she doesn’t suspect already.

Hi Eileen,

yes the polished man campaign raise’s money each October for the awareness of abuse towards women and children 💅🏻

After years of suppressing my CD desires, I have come to accept Thai am a crossdresser. Since I live alone, I can keep my clothes stored in a bedroom closet, not hidden in the attic.  My femme alter ego Kerri dresses up and goes out about once a week.  I’m not out to my family but since they don’t live close to me its not a big deal.  My ex knew about me but that wasn’t the reason we got divorced.  I hope all my CD sisters can come to accept yourselves too.

Sarah Car
      Lady

I have accepted my c/dressing side now , at first I had mixed feelings about it . Was I normal or was it done my hundreds of others ?.Over the years I got less bothered about the rights and wrongs and just enjoy the feelings when dressed , my wife accepted this side of me and likes it when her girl friend comes to visit .

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I just about said I accepted I was a CD long time ago, but remembered many purges and hiding items from my wife I was not accepting. Now I have not only accepted my need to sometimes CD but I think I am transgender. I am soooo close to fully socially transitioning, don’t know yet about HRT or surgeries. I think for me to present as a woman 24/7 may be enough.

Cassie

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Sarah,

I accepted myself a long long time ago. I’ve said it more than once here that, for me, being a CD is a gift. I get the best of both worlds. I enjoy my guy time and girl time. I get to experience what men go through and when I’m Trish I get to experience life as a women, two different worlds, two different people. I’m fortunate that I pass as a women and that makes experiencing the two different people that live in m body that much more exciting. I’ve never had any regrets for being who I am. Thanks for the post.

Trish  💖

Hi Trish,

Thank you for your reply unfortunately I can’t pass as a woman however I cannot stop thinking about it, at work I’m in total male mode…my boss asked me why I paint my nails and I said I’m looking to sue someone for harassment so I can retire…not another word was said from him or anyone else at the company lol,

my girl time is very private but I’m really happy when Sarah comes out

Leonara
          Ambassador

Wow Sarah what a comeback to your boss Well done… some times we can be our worse critics.. please don’t be so critical  you look very passable and pretty… thanks for sharing…

Warmest regards, Leonara

Trish White
          Baroness

Hi Sarah, I have to agree with Leonara. In looking at your profile pic you are a very pretty girl and very passable.

Hi Trish, the photo was constructed using Face App, I wish lol, but it is very close. It’s how I would love to look like, sorry for the deception

Denise Little
          Duchess - Annual

Hi Sarah, great answer. You look very passable.I do not pass either but have been out as much as I can when the occasion presents itself. Not too many do care, the ones that do will give you positive comments or provide you with a good experience. Others that give a second look are either jealous or lack of respect for lots of things in general. I try to aim to pass at a distance, learn what to improve each time I go out so I can shorten that distance.

J J
      Lady

I think acceptance is really the goal of no longer feeling guilty for our dressing. Many never have, but many do feel guilty or wrong, or many negative feelings. Acceptance is dropping all those negatives and accepting the fact you like to dress and that there is really nothing wrong with it, it just isn’t something most people do.

My acceptance was I quit trying to figure out “why”, and I just accepted the fact I like to dress, just like I like to ski or rock climb. All are just part of who I am.

Denise Little
        Duchess - Annual

Very well sais JJ, you provided inspiration. Accept yourself the way you are, and enjoy the experience.

Love Bug
      Duchess

Sarah,

I feel your pain and you’re not alone. I can’t pass as a woman, and it drives me crazy. I want to be LOVE every day and everywhere I go. I’ve never liked being a male and have always hated dressing like one. I’m currently struggling with the same feelings and trying to find happiness in this life.

I’ve accepted that I’m different, but I’m currently having a hard time knowing that I have to spend the rest of my life dressing like a male when I go out. I hide my panties and bralette under clothes and hate having to hide everywhere!

I hope to find somewhere in Nc that allows CD ladies inside. I would give almost anything to experience that freedom.

Take care,

Love

I can’t pass either, or at least I believe I can’t. I have never really tried to. I have been out in public dressed once in a skirt & top but wish I could do more. My dressing these days, when I go out, is mostly clothes that don’t get a second look but are all bought from the womens department. That way I get to go inside, but I know what you mean. My house will accept CD ladies inside……   🙂

J J
        Lady

Passing, while nice does not have to be the goal. I have been out knowing full well people can tell, and if they were not sure seeing my diver licence certainly confirmed it, but so what? If you wan to go out you can. There are always places you can go, and the number is increasing all the time. Yes, you have to be careful in certain places and situations, but there are far more options then you think. I did a cross country drive from Maryland to California and went out en femme several times along the way, including shopping in Little Rock, Oklahoma City and Salt Lake City, not exactly bastions of liberal acceptance and did not have the least issue.

You be you, and if that means you wan to go out en femme, do so. As I have said many times here, if somebody has a problem with it, it is their problem not yours.

Anonymous

I hope you will find a way to address the subject with your wife. Perhaps you should discuss this with your psychologist.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I venture to say I’m one of the more “mature”CDH members. As such I can advise that Catherine Louise Ryan has been an integral part of my being for over 40 years.

Due to my “DADT SO” relationship, she does not get out in public all that much and then only in the cooler months… (I “overheat” very easily if I go out as Caty in the warmer weather).

Early days Caty mostly lived in my head, with very little chance to dress. But eventually, work travel and “being alone in the office” after hours, allowed her to come out to play on a reasonably regular basis. When “life got tough”, Caty was always there in the background to help me face the challenges that arose.

Cut to the present and I underdress 24/7 summer and winter and sleep femme every night with bra and breast forms on. Warmer nights sleeping in pure silk lingerie, (plus a shaved “bod”) are very special times.

Happy dressing

Caty.

Anonymous
      Lady

Please excuse me if I’ve read this incorrectly. Some members of your family know but your wife doesn’t?

I would suggest you’re making a huge mistake there and need to speak with her. Its not a matter of if she finds out, it’s when. At that point she will ask the inevitable question “who else knows”. The longer the list, potentially the more betrayed she will feel.

My granddaughter has seen me dressed and loves me and happily tells people grandad is a princess! Ultimately we have no secrets once the outing starts.

As for acceptance, I often feel its often not ourselves needing to accept who we are it’s our fears of being who we are due to others acceptance of that. In other words I’ve always accepted and felt comfy wearing a dress , I’ve just always been wary of doing so because of others reactions. I think you working out your own acceptance alludes to that in your paragraph about marriage.

Good luck x

I agree wholeheartedly. I think that might be considered as a whole different secret you have kept from her.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Relationship Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?