Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Dear GG, Do you feel that there are a significant number of women that are accepting of crossdressing men? I live in a very conservative area of the U.S. and I feel that most women would be repelled by crossdressing. Have you ever discussed this with female friends?

Mandy Wife
      Baroness

I think it depends on the age group of the women tbh.

I’m 48 and many of my friends are a little bit younger through the bike club, some of the very random chats we’ve had about all sorts would lead me to say 99% would be fairly open I’m sure, but there are the odd 1 or 2 that are a little bit older that would struggle.

The younger ones, like in their 20s are much more open and I think it’s just a sign of the times we live in so I would put it down to a generational gap.

When I was in my 20s the only CDing people I was aware of were some OTT characters on TV and there was always a lewd slant to it so not exactly a good first introduction to CDing.

I’m sure your right when it comes to generational differences. Also geographical differences come into play. I am good friends with a lesbian couple and have considered coming out to them. I sure they would be very understanding even though I have doubts about their feelings about actually meeting Michelle. It would be interesting.

Nicole Hansen
      Baroness

If you are talking about accepting you in friendship, I think most women (at least in my urban environment) would be extremely accepting. I would have trans or CD friends if I knew any and my husband has female friends that help him when he is dressed as Melanie. I am so grateful for them helping him where I cannot!

If you are talking about romantically, then that varies person to person. I would suggest just being open about it right away and if you are rejected romantically, try to form a friendship. People cannot control what they are attracted to and expecting a very heterosexual woman to be attracted to a person en femme is honestly like searching for a unicorn. If she loves you enough, she may tolerate you, but you would likely be happier with a woman who identifies as bi or pan. In my case I have a natural repulsion to the female form. I like to look pretty myself and I like my own body, but I will not ever even be in a changing room with other women, let alone touch one!

That being said, no matter where you live, you will find someone who’s peanut butter mixes with your jelly. You just have to put yourself out there (safely) and roll with the punches.

Cath N.
      Baroness

Depends on what sort of acceptance you are talking about. You mean in society and as part of my social circle? Absolutely. All I care about, and my friends as well, is whether that person brings something to the discussion table. Whether they can enrich our social circle. There have been people in the past who I haven’t gelled with in terms of friendship, and that’s fine. We can’t get on with everyone. Have gone to Pride events with friends and had a blast so it certainly isn’t a problem.

Saying all that though, having a TG partner is a completely different planet. And I can’t say I am attracted to TG people. Therefore, stands to reason, I am not attracted to my partner when he crossdresses. It’s as simple as that. It’s not dependent on whether he makes a “pretty woman” when he is crossdressed or not. It’s not dependent on whether I love him or not. I am just not attracted to TG people. Quite simple really.

Ps. This was more to dispel the myth that if a woman is an “ally”, she is obligated to be willing to have sexual relationships with the TG community. That is certainly not true, at least in my case. And I can see the same being true for most of my friends.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Cath N..
      • This reply was modified 3 years ago by Cath N..
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Dear Genetic Girls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?