Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Even though I have not gone out yet, I have embraced my feminine side whenever possible. I wear my favorite dresses and clothes whenever I have the house to myself. I even wore a very flirty dress with 2-inch heels while playing video games. I am starting to look more feminine when I dress up. Since January, I have lost 24 pounds, and my dresses look even better. The one area I continue to struggle with is makeup. I want to nail the makeup, it may be hubris, but when I go out, I want people to say wow, her makeup is fantastic. I tend to be a hands-on person, and the online tutorials do not seem to be helping me. I plan to take a day next month and go to Ulta and have a makeup lesson and, afterward, have my hair done and have a professional do full makeup. My friend and I will then go out on the town that evening.

I say all that to ask what would you, the community suggest; as mentioned, the articles and videos are good, but I can’t get the hang of the art.

Alla,
      One thing I have learned about make up is a little goes along way. It doesn’t take much to look good. Just remember their are many different styles of makeup to wear. Daytime, for shopping and running around town in to nighttime party time makeup and all the those stops in between. Low light, day light, night light and other type of light. Lots to be considered when doing your makeup. For many makeup is the hardest thing to learn and it does take time.
      Enjoy your travels.
      Lisa Leigh

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I think you are doing the right thing in getting a one to one tutorial. I did that and in a one hour session I learned so much.  As Lisa says – a little goes a long way and that you do not need to spend a fortune on cosmetics either. Once you see how it is done then those tutorials online make a bit more sense.

Enjoy your day out.

Alla,

Practice, practice, practice! Did I mention practice? Learn all you can hun and then practice what you have learned.

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Alla, from my perspective the make up vids can give you an idea of what may work for you. I would take ideas from each that you like and work with them. Back in my early twenties I basically taught myself, there was not internet then. Once I was married my wife became my unsuspecting mentor. I would watch her put on her make up and as we sat together I would closely inspect how and what she used and how it was applied.

But even with that, at the end of the day, my make up skills came from lots of practice and being very aware of how females used it. Make up is like any skill you learn….practice practice practice. It won’t take long for you to figure out what works for you and what doesn’t. What you like and what you don’t. Good luck to you and I think you’ll do just fine.

Love,

Trish 💓

Most of us have learned that at first we overdo the makeup and it is truly the hardest thing to learn but as said a little goes a long way. Your Ulta experience will help you as you watch what is being done and dont be afraid to ask questions. They are there to help and sell you cosmetics. I have learned less is more

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I did a couple of lessons/makeovers at Ulta.  That definitely helped improve my skills.  But I’ve gotten the most from lessons with professional makeup artists – the ones with extensive experience and work at higher end salons.  There’s more time and less distractions.  Overall a better experience.  Of course it costs more.  IMO it’s worth the expense.

As the others have already pointed out, you can watch a lot of online tutors on Youtube and you can go get a makeover lesson, that will point you in the direction you choose, but the best way to learn is by doing your own makeup – and practice, practice, practice!

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?