Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author

I seem to be able to buy tops and skirts with no problem at all. I have found that a size 14 leather mini skirt fits me perfectly and medium size stretch lycra mini skirts fit me a treat. The problem for me is dresses. I saw a nice size 16 dress which in my eyes looked as if it would be ideal for me, I bought it for just £2 in a charity shop, I wasn’t able to try on until I got home. The length was fine but I couldn’t get the top half of the dress over my chest, well with a lot of breathing in and holding my breath it did just fit but it looked dreadful and was so tight I thought the seams would split if I breathed out !!, so this dress is now in a bag ready to be taken to another charity shop for them to sell again. I suppose I am not the correct shape for dresses, but I would like to wear some, maybe I am going to have to try a size 18 or 20, I really don’t know.

I am wondering if there is such a thing as a conversion chart for comparing Mens clothes sizes to Women’s clothes sizes. Does any one else have problems with buying dresses?

I still have not found a good way to buy dresses with out trying them on, but remember in the US (not sure about the UK and other countries) there are different groups of woman’s cloths.  Try to stay in the woman or large size not the Miss or petite.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Sara Marie, I have yet to get myself a dress, but I think that when the spring time arrives in the U.K. there may be more of selection in the shops. I appreciate you mentioning about the “Miss and Petite” clothes section of shops, there is a firm with the name of “Yours” that seem to stock the larger sizes, so I will have a browse in there next time I am in town, they have branches in many larger towns and cities in the U.K. and also an online website.

Thank you Samantha, <span style=”color: #777777; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 14px;”>I have yet to get myself a dress, but I think that when the spring time arrives in the U.K. there may be more of selection in the shops. there is a firm with the name of “Yours” that seem to stock the larger sizes, so I will have a browse in there next time I am in town, they have branches in many larger towns and cities in the U.K. and also an online website.</span>

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?