Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I rarely do my own makeup. One because I don’t dress more than once a month,  two because I am not so good at it, and three because I really enjoy the process and meeting new artists who present new ideas for my success as Harietta.

I have a new MU artist who quite rightly and boldly told me that because of my age (60) and my shename being that of a slightly more mature lady that my makeup dreams were not “age appropriate”.

I was shocked, but she insisted that I would still be a knockout and that I would pass better than ever with age appropriate makeup and colours.

She was, and still is wonderfully correct. I am in love with myself once again!

Gina Angelo
      Ambassador

Good topic. I don’t know what to say about it. I too enjoy working with makeup artists because I also am not skilled, yet.

But age appropriate? I’m pushing 55 but my male alter ego is often assumed to be 10 years younger. So what am I en femme? Is Gina in her 40’s too? I will just go for the look I desire until it seems incorrect. Blending in and not standing out is my only goal.

That’s a touchy topic,   For putting on make up, it’s all about practice and learn how to apply the right color and amount. I have learned by watching wife apply eye shadow, now I do my own eye shadow for wife won’t apply it on for me.    Eye. Shadow and lip stick gives me that more of a female look, plus for me once I start to dress up its all over for my male side, my female side takes over and goes the hole way, make up, perfume, ear rings, wig. No nail polish. No cover up or foundation. Yet. But love every min of being dressed up as a female, just wish I could stay dressed up as a female and life my life the rest of it as a female with out going though the surgery to become one. I would love to find a p,ace to do a make over on me and take pics and go out dressed up and have a fem day and night out and be my self, be treated like a female, get tips on applying make up and where is the best place to go out and have a good time,

Harietta! I agree with you. One must consider the over-all package and co-ordinate everything.

When you consider ladies like Elizabeth Taylor, Joan Collins, Raquel Welch and Glenn Close…everything is possible to look much younger. I, myself, have several scars and skin damage so I can’t go stockingless nor show my back or chest without millions of people asking what happened to you….tired of going there. But yes…….looking dignified as my heritage as a Lady….that I can do. Besides….I would look awful dressing as Miley Cyruss or half these other stars.  My “being” wouldn’t accept that  either. Luckily as well, my hair and face look much younger than my age.  I was the “talk ot the OR” in hospital, all the nurses mobbed my room and wanted to know my secret. Good genes, I guess. Anyhow…..good luck and keep trying on yourself….practice makes perfect unless you have trouble vision. LOL.

Hugs…..Lady Veronica

Gina Angelo
        Ambassador

I have trouble vision. I need bifocals. Kinda gets in the way of the mascara brush.

Penny
      Lady

It would be nice if we all could have a makeup artist on call 24/7. Most girls unfortunately have to do without, so we practice, practice, practice. I have found that the best thing to do is to keep the makeup simple. That is not to say you can’t use foundation or a bold lipstick. I need foundation to even out skin tone and cover the occasional psoriasis breakout. However, I don’t overdo it. Same with eyes and lips. Unless the occasion warrants it, I’d stay away from false lashes and elaborate dramatic eyeliner styles with heavy mascara. And, frankly, most of us older gals don’t have too many of those occasions that need that much drama. Gina… as far as eyesight is concerned I certainly can sympathize. I wear progressives all the time now and found it really hard to see any detail at all. I just sort of guessed that I was getting things right by trying to mentally adjust for the blur that I normally see without my glasses. I have had more success lately by using a small magnifying mirror that sticks on my bathroom mirror. It helps a lot with getting both my eyes and lips right.

Candy
      Baroness

I have heard “age appropriate” advice given here many times over and it does make perfect sense. My problem is when I am en femme I feel 20 years younger. Plus my taste in clothing runs younger than that. Just the other day I got a pair of denim cut offs that probably belong on a teenager but they fit perfectly and make me feel like a kid again. Oh well I’ll probably never wear them in public (although I did go driving around and went to the mini storage in those and a pretty racy blouse today) so what the heck. The granny dresses are going to have to wait.

“Age appropriate” makeup is a new idea to me.  I try to match my makeup to what I am doing.  If I am exercising a little mascara is about it.  My day to day involves light foundation, mascara, maybe some black eye liner, and lip gloss.  I usually wear a neutral color of nail polish on my fingers and toes.  If I feel like I want to go out on the town, I add eye shadow, a little blush, and lipstick matching my mood and /or outfit, and may paint some color on my nails.  I have spend countless hours studying how to apply makeup and practicing and can usually get everything how I want it in about 20-30 minutes without looking like a circus clown.  But it takes lots of practice.  So thankful for youtube.

IMO, only you can determine what is ‘age appropriate’-isn’t the CDH community all about being true to one’s self? I have always fancied mature women, and with my facial features, the mature woman look would best suite me.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?