Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Wendy Me
      Lady

It’s hard to grow old, up unto say I was 50 for 15 years I let my hair grow long “to my bra strap as my wife would say”, passable and was often addressed as to “what can I get you ladies” when we where out say for dinner even in male mode, that annoyed the crap out of my wife LOL.
      Now at 70 I changed my style, cut my hair, wearing longer dresses, but it is not the same feeling, I don’t like the granny look so much, but I looked stupid in short skirts and dresses, still the same size 12 since HS. The only plus side I can think of is that I am B cup bra size now.

Anonymous

I don’t care for the granny look either. I still wear denim skirts about half way up from the knee. My dresses hit a little above the knee and will not put on any top that makes me look old. I love wearing skinny jeans and matching them with a nice t-shirt. I do enjoy wearing midi skirts that flow with a breeze. My wigs are shorter and usually a type of bob cut or just at my collar. I will not grow old gracefully!

Carla

I hear you sister but I still wear my short skirts and heels on occasion. I find the fall/winter seasons the best as I wear a cami and tights or leggings all the time. As one who has had to underdress most of the time, Winter enables one to wear more. Unfortunately for me I lost weight so it is a bralette or a bra and forms  for me.

At 61 I dress my age. I emulate the librarian/ secretary look. Dresses or skirts knee length or longer. High collar, long sleeve, button down blouses. Strong and bold colours. Nothing frilly or pink. Well except for my pink stiletto’s. LOL. Be safe all.

Love and Peace,

Amber

I don’t think there is strict rule that one should dress age appropriate, I see plenty of cis-girls out there who look fantastic dressed in younger clothes, I just think its a personal choice and common sense that if you can pull it off and look good in a tight short dress why not!. I’m not saying you should walk into your local Walmart in a mini, tight top with stilettos unless thats the attention your looking for, just dress for the occasion. Save the super sexy dresses and mini’s for the night club they are appropriate there at any age.

Anonymous

I try to avoid the granny look, also; but I look like I’m in my 60’s ( wish it were true), and I use my real hair, which is all white.  The best I can expect is elderly matron, meaning no short skirts, skinny jeans or revealing tops.  And heels are reserved for formal outfits.  On the Plus side, I can, and should avoid heavy makeup, which simplifies life.

Bettylou

Terri
      Duchess

Im 71 and dress in a style that I feel comfortable in and is age appropriate. But today sometimes thats hard to determine. When I was young the way women were different. I dress to blend.

Wendy Me
      Lady

All my jeans except two pairs (for family functions) are skinny petite size medium. I do get teased about it sometimes as they look fine standing up but when I sit down they ride up and look like capris.

My sister is giving some cloths, but she is 5’6″, I am 5’11”. So I am not sure what I wear yet.

Anonymous

I always work out to keep my figure and to keep my legs toned. I don’t eat junk food. Its so hard not to but I stick to my eating habits. I am 5 foot 10 1/2 inches tall, 40DD, 30″ waist and 36″ hips, 10/11 women’s shoe size. I take care of my face and legs better than my girlfriend does. I follow a skin care plan. Everyone says I look amazing for 42. Its a lot of work. But I know in time, time will eventually catch up to me.

Just enjoy yourself.

Hugs, Natasha😊

Anonymous

Hello ladies….I remember a very old sexist saying ” you’re as young as the woman you feel”….well it has never been more true than it is now…..I buy clothes I like, not what a girl my age ” should” be buying….I will wear clothes based totally on how I feel at that moment…..just me thinking out loud …huggs Grace.  xx

Anonymous

I’m with you Grace. I feel the same as you, I hate the granny look, my legs are in great shape and none of my dresses or skirts go past the top of my knees. My hair is 18″ long and I just turned 76.

Kathleen

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I used to be able to dress in a manner where I looked and felt about ten years younger. But of late, (I’m 73), I’m thinking the male ageing features I cant change, (eg drooping jawline, lots of loose skin) is catching up with me.

So I will continue to dress like the “mature” elegant woman I’ve always tried to emulate. Not that since Covid hit I’ve had much practice!!. There’s at least 3 public outings I had planned have come to nought…

Thus: if and when out “public mall shopping”, skirts below the knee, long sleeve blouse and cardigan and “sensible shoes”. Best just to “blend in”…. I should also state that my home situation prevents removal of most of my body hair. So the above outfit has another purpose…

Dressing in private could see me as anything from Mother of The Bride to Clever Secretary to flowing evening gown to period ball gowns ala “Scarlett O Caty.

But I’m guessing the latter does not “:ount”.

Caty

Not a fan of ‘age appropriate’ fashion. sounds too much like frumpy. I do dress ‘activity appropriate’ and lean more toward flirty styles. Of course, my mental age is lagging far behind my chronological age.

This summer, I had the 40th anniversary of my 21st birthday.  That’s as far as I am going to count them and just celebrate the anniversary from now on.  I do, to some extent dress younger than I actually am, but gone are the micro mini’s and 5″ platforms of my younger days.  My skirts and dresses do run the gamut from just above the knee to ankle length and flats/sandals/very low heeled pumps are the shoes of choice now.  I still love my jeans and shorts/cutoffs (NO Bermudas tho) as my legs still look good  and I do like to show them off when I can.

Both of my nieces have vowed to not let me dress like a granny and will keep my wardrobe pretty up to date, within reason.  They are both early 30’s now, and are mom’s, so they have toned it down some too, but their mom and I have the benefit of them making sure we don’t get old.  My favorite brick and mortar stores are Torrid, Maurice’s, and Kohl’s, so my fashion choices are still many and varied.

Live and look how you feel girls.  You only get one chance.

PaulaF-

Wendy Me
      Lady

I hear you, dressing your age doesn’t mean frumpy, you can still be stylist. When I see an elderly lady in a mini, I say to myself what the heck? But dress with what you feel comfortable with if it makes you happy. I don’t go out dressed, can’t chance being outed at this time in my life, but this Halloween I’m getting dressed, my wife and  I have matching dresses and I brought a silver grey bob wig which is very cute. We are not going out but people are coming over (of course social distancing) so it should be fun.

I too am starting to fear getting too old to dress the way I want. I am no youngster now, but I have a youthful appearance and still wear my hair long and like to dress in sexy clothes. But I realize those days are numbered.

Hi Wendy,
      I’m an older cross dresser too; 75. I’ve found that I certainly feel younger and more alive when ‘dressed’ as HildaRuth but I’m a latecomer to cross dressing – only been dressing for the last couple of years so I’m making up for lost time. I see no reason why I or you can’t look elegant and feminine whilst avoiding wearing short skirts or tight jeans. I’ve found culottes with striped T shirts and sandals are great for an attractive summer look. Long skirts are good for keeping warm in the winter and can be worn with stylish boots, blouse and jacket etc. I wear a shortish platinum blonde wig. And I love wearing floral frocks that come down to just above the the knee. And with plain dresses I love to wear either a pale linen jacket or a peacock jacket. IMHO I think these outfits do the trick – it’s obvious that I’m an older gal but I feel elegant, attractive and feminine. I’m sure you can too.
      Love as always
      HildaRuth 💋💋

Katey Doe
      Lady

Yes, I agree its horrible to get old but we all face it. Age is a number, right? I’m not a spring chicken either but my mind and heart is still very young. I’m gonna enjoy the ride for as long as possible.

Anonymous

i’m 58 soon to be 59. when i dress its like i’m going back 30 years. i still look good for my age and that’s just a number. all my skirts are minis or above the knees. i still wear knee high boots. legs still look great. mind is still young so what the hell. i’ll still rock what i got. you don’t like it don’t look. i guess i’m more of a showgirl. look at me, happy and free. no negativity here.

Terri
      Duchess

Im 72 and went to my 1st CD party when I was 30. That night changed my life. Over the years I struggled with balancing my femme side and my male side and continue to do today. But I love more today than ever going our and expressing myself as Terri. It is still a struggle and will always be. But I know Terri will always be a part of my life.
      Yours Terri

I’m 69 next birthday and I really should start to dress more appropriately, the trouble is I can’t find any in the shops? Is there a special rack at the back of the shop?

I guess I’m doomed to look 25 for the rest of my life.

Aging calendericly(?) Is the curse of girl-kind.  My nieces refuse to let myself and my sister age to frumpiness.  I seem to be stuck in the same or similar style of my 30’s or 40’s.  Sexy lingerie is timeless, so no worries there.

I have pledged to sacrifice myself as needed so others need not bear this burden if they choose not too.  I will take one for the team.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Paula F.
Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?