Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

After the Halloween weekend, during which my wife was out of town, I finally had enough to walk out of the house…
      I moved I to a motel, and immediately dressed in a skirt and tshirt. After a particularly atrocious interchange with the spouse on Monday nite, I just gave up and went to sleep…
      Tuesday nite, I dressed as best I could and went to the only truly transgender friendly bar I know. I made friends, and generally had a blast. Wednesday nite I went back, and met a young lady (well, younger than me) who critiqued my outfit, and generally gave me good advice… she told me she worked at White House Black Market, an upscale clothing store, and pressed me to come see her to at least help me get a better grip on my style… Thursday I went back to the bar, met more friends and generally became the life of the party… That night, I made a breakthru… I went to powder my nose and was able to look myself in the eye and tell myself I was gorgeous… and I believed me. Saturday rolled around and I texted my new friend from the clothing store. “I won’t be in today,”she sent. “Should I still go,” I asked. “Of course!” she replied.
      I got to the mall, and sat in my car for almost an hour, mustering my courage to go in… I was wearing a long white gypsy skirt, a tshirt, and my best wig. I held my head high, and walked to the store I was seeking, fearlessly. No one accosted me, and if people looked twice, I didn’t notice. I walked into the store, marveling at the wonderful clothing. An associate walked up, all smiles, and asked if there were anything special I were looking for. I said, “something in my size” (I’m 6ft, 210lbs… not a small girl) we both laughed. She started selecting items for me to try on, and if I lingered too long over one, she threw it on the pile.
      As a transgender woman just beginning my process, I have had immense fear walking into a clothing store (especially one so sophisticated as WHBM) to buy clothes, much less just try them on. The moment I walked into the store, I was greeted warmly and not a second glance was made in my direction, allaying several fears off the bat. The associate who greeted me immediately began selecting items for me to try on, and was attentive to my interests, going so far as to grab items I had looked at and loved, but was afraid to try on for fear of “not being able to pull it off”. She passed me to another associate who was as attentive and as polite and charming who set me up in a dressing room. The sheer number of different tops and bottoms and accouterments almost overwhelmed me… and I was overwhelmed by the staff’s immediate attention and acceptance already. I think I roped in every associate for fashion consults as I mixed and matched and finally plowed thru every item the ladies and gentleman brought me to try, and felt better about myself and within myself than I think I ever had previously. If they were just out to sell, I never felt it. The store manager, Rebecca Cournoyer, assisted me in selecting an outfit to wear for the rest of the evening which paid off at the meeting i attended where i was repeatedly complimented on how well developed my sense of style had become. Ms. Cournoyer paid me the highest compliment before I left by telling me she didn’t realize I was transgender until long after I had walked in the store… I didn’t ask what gave me away, I have accepted I’m not the most passable woman by a long shot. She and the rest of the staff treated me so wonderfully well that I recommended them to my transgender group as soon as I had opportunity. I felt so good, I walked to Sephora and got myself a makeover, after which I left feeling like every dollar of the Dept. of Defense annual budget.
      I returned to the store to thank them again and show off the makeover, and they capped my already euphoric mood.
      The week to follow was more of the bar, seeing and being seen in my new outfits, and generally loving all and being loved by all. The Wednesday of that week, I had the day off, and a laser hair removal appointment. So I went en femme. For makeup I wore only eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. The ladies of Ideal Image were fantastic. Thoroughly professional. I bought boots on saturday, I was with a friend and I tried on lots more clothes, makeup free, and bought 2 pair of jeans. Again, no real second glances.

Maybe I just felt so good I didn’t care, but it was a glorious couple of weeks!

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Thats wondeful Shayleigh! I am so happy for you.  Acceptance like that must have made your hear swell like a balloon!  I hope to one day get to that level!  Fantastic post-thank you SO much for sharing it!

Anonymous

Thats wondeful Shayleigh! I am so happy for you.  Acceptance like that must have made your hear swell like a balloon!  I hope to one day get to that level!  Fantastic post-thank you SO much for sharing it!

I wish I knew what I had done to get acceptance like that… I’d share the secret!
        Rebecca, the manager of WHBM told me that I brightened the store with my presence and lifted the “blah” mood that had settled on the store. She said I was fun and entertaining, and that I lifted the spirits of her whole team.
        I suspect that my natural “likeableness”, when clothed properly, becomes an aura of affability and charm that quite draws almost everyone in…
        Or maybe the least gay/trans-friendly part of Virginia is coming “out of the closet” and being FABULOUS.

Anonymous

Thank you for sharing your amazing story. Your experiences have made you feel good and more able to accept yourself as the beautiful person you are and I know they will offer hope and encouragement to many other ladies here.

Best wishes for the rest of your wonderful journey.

Claudia C
      Ambassador

Thanks for posting this great story.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?