Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I was texting my new MUA yesterday and asked her if an airbrush applicator would be ideal for a novice when it comes to makeup. I saw an advertisement for one that I really liked but it winded up being expensive. How many think that this is a good route for a novice who wants to be able to somewhat quickly apply makeup on their own? If so would a good place to look be Amazon, and which brand(s) should I be looking for?

Thanks ladies…

Hi Quinetta as never tried this i have seen it advertised a few times hope you get to try it and let us know how it works out good luck girlfriend..

Stephanie Bass

Hi Quinetta,  I have worked a little with airbrush MU and have had mixed results.  I suggest that you look at the site of Graftobian HD Airbrush in Madison Wisconsin.  They have lots of info and a very good product.  I still stick with conventional MU practices only because I am not quick and fully experienced with the airbrush.  I find that you really have to invest in good brushes (little air guns) and keep them absolutely clean.  Then you also have to go through the curve of learning them.  Lastly the cost of the MU is higher than regular MU and if it gets old it won’t spray.  So, to me it was always easier and faster to learn regular MU.  I would avoid the on tv airbrush ads.  They seem to be very expensive and only work for a while.  If you think you want to have a go at airbrush then I think investing in a very good professional brush  along with the Graftobian Sample Kit  might get you started for about $100.  You could also use a small hobby compressor or a spare tire for your constant air pressure source until you learn the craft.  I hope this helps you.  Makeup can be an elusive art but you can accomplish it with practice.  Safe Journey, Marg

Peta Mari
      Lady

Airbrush is great for photography and movie work.

Not really practical for everyday / every night MU.

Well Mary Jane, I would plan on using it mostly for when I want to take pictures. Are you saying that it would not be good for everyday makeup because it will not hold up for a very long time?

Peta Mari
          Lady

There is a huge difference between makeup applications for photography/ film and general wear / face to face encounters.

Think of theatrical makeup. Its why so much of utube contouring etal looks great on utube, but looks horrible when we try it ourselves.

Google can explain the differences much better than I can.

Hey Quinetta, you can try the Sephora brand airbrush spray foundation (aerosol can). It will give the same results, the same pros and cons as the airbrush/cartridge setups… but much cheaper. This will give you an good idea if the pros are worth the cons, without the investment.

Try it and see if you like it. If you have dry skin, airbrushing MU may flake faster than traditional cream foundation. At the end of the day, any makeup foundation is more about technique than anything else. While airbrush may seem quick and easy, there’s more of a setup, so you don’t get overspray in your hair and clothes, something you don’t have to worry about with traditional foundations.

But it’s flawless finish (again, more important is the surface you put it on obviously) and lightweight and buildable for more coverage, and durable throughout the day because of silicones it needs to be sprayable.

Great for weddings though when you’re the bride and everybody’s hugs are a risk factor to messing up your makeup. Touchups are a little harder though.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?