- March 31, 2021 at 11:06 am #471798Alice AndersonParticipantRegistered On: September 15, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 4Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 12 times
- April 7, 2021 at 1:39 pm #474932Dawn WyvernManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: February 23, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 292Has thanked: 250 timesBeen thanked: 1165 times
According to Wikipedia – ”Harry Benshoff and Sean Griffin write that animation has always “hint[ed] at the performative nature of gender” such as when Bugs Bunny puts on a wig and a dress, he is a rabbit in drag as a human male who is in drag as a female’’
Bugs often dressed in Drag to influence Elma Fugg and others in the cartoons.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_crossdressing_characters_in_animated_series
x – tats all folks !
- March 31, 2021 at 11:14 am #471801Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 391Has thanked: 451 timesBeen thanked: 1308 times
- April 5, 2021 at 1:07 pm #474068Jerri NewmanLadyRegistered On: October 30, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 9Has thanked: 85 timesBeen thanked: 31 times
You should see Bugs Bunny at the club too as Bugs was well known for CDing.
- April 7, 2021 at 1:19 pm #474929Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 391Has thanked: 451 timesBeen thanked: 1308 times
Hang on a sec – I don’t remember Bugs wearing any clothes of either gender? Same as the old thing about why Donald Duck bothered wearing a towel when he came out of the shower, seeing as he never bothered any other time… Bugs Bunny was always my second most admired hero – just after Bruce Springsteen and just before Mike Hailwood. Who else could paraphrase the 15 hour Ring Cycle down to an 8 minute cartoon? Inga of the Niebelung…
- April 7, 2021 at 2:18 pm #474952Jerri NewmanLadyRegistered On: October 30, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 9Has thanked: 85 timesBeen thanked: 31 times
Hold on Inga, are you actually saying you have never seen Bugs Bunny dress up as a woman?
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Jerri Newman.
- April 8, 2021 at 9:51 am #475229Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 391Has thanked: 451 timesBeen thanked: 1308 times
This sounds like I am going to see something I really should have known before… I’ll have a quick look – and then apologise for my lack of awareness! As I’ve posted before; I always loved that Bugs’ official biography in the 1980’s was called “50 years old – and just one grey hare”…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.