Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I have a few success stories as I’ve started presenting confidently as a female in the past year, but this one is funny and maybe relatable to others.

One of my first times out, I was standing in line at the self-checkout of a walmart. I only had one or two important items to buy, and I was the only person waiting while all 4 self-checkout kiosks were being used. Rather than form the queue right behind the kiosk area which would have put me in the center of the main aisle that runs the length of the store, I stood back a few steps to be a bit more discreet (sort of blending in with the clothing section). A few seconds later, a mother with a talkative young girl (5 years old?) got in line right behind me, followed by a few other people. Very quickly, there was a long line behind me!

Everyone currently using the kiosks was taking FOREVER to checkout…one person was trying to pay with cash, one person decided to go get a huge fountain drink before completing her transaction, one person was arguing about a coupon, etc. The longer I stood at the front of this line, the more I felt scrutinized…and I was bracing for this young girl to ask something like “mommy, why does that woman [have broad shoulders/have hairy hands/not know how to hold a purse properly/etc.]” or “mommy, is that a man or a woman?”

Then, the greatest yet most unexpected threat to my security presented itself: because I had started the queue unusually far back, two chatting woman, oblivious to the long line already there, walked up and stood in queue about 3 steps in front of me. Dang it. I felt the pressure of 10 sets of eyes behind me expecting me, the ‘leader’ of our line, to take responsibility and correct the women for cutting. Or, I was sure the mom behind me was at least going to quietly joke with me about the women being totally oblivious. Either would have required me to speak in my male voice and surely out myself in front of a lot of people.

So…I…did nothing. I just closed my eyes and prayed. Finally the fountain drink woman finished and the two woman took that spot; I heard a few groans behind me, but nothing directed at me. Then the paying-in-cash person finished and I quickly darted forward to claim my spot. All in all, what should have been a 30 second checkout took over 5 minutes and lot more stress than expected. But, I remained discreet!

I’m now at a point where if I was outed in a situation like that, I think I could handle it or just be totally myself and not care if people are confused. I’m just being me and if I appear confident and proud, I don’t think anyone will treat me differently. Except maybe 5 year old girls who don’t have the social filter to not say something embarrassing 🙂

Holly G
      Lady

Lindsay, I think I would have convieniently remembered I forgot to get another item and stepped out of line ????

Thats a really funny story though…I had the same feeling as I was walking by a big group of people last night on my first real night out walking among others in the open…instead of praying I pulled the teenage girl move of burying my head in my cell phone…fit right in! ????????????

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?