Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

So, I admit it. I am a Jeopardy junkie. Given my advancing age however, I would like for there to be a minimum of 3 minutes lag to come up with the question before the next answer is selected. Enough about me. My question has to do with how many CD Heaven members (maybe just in North America) are familiar with Amy Schneider, an openly Trans woman, who just won $250,000 (US) in the “Champions” event. Besides being totally brilliant, she has been a fantastic representative of the Trans and/or LBGTQ community. If you would like more information, here is a link to just one of several articles.

https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/TV/2022/11/22/Amy-Schneider-wins-Jeopardy-tournament-champions/5621669133929/

So, I am curious as to how many “sisters” know about and appreciate what she has accomplished ?

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Can’t say I’m a Jeopardy fan but I’m aware of Amy Schneider and her considerable achievements.  Absolutely her participation is a big deal.  She showed the world that trans people are normal human beings just like anyone else.  A big win for our community.

Also deserving praise are the producers of Jeopardy for promoting diversity.  We wouldn’t know about Amy if it weren’t for them.

/EA

Leonara
      Ambassador

Mary, I am a jeopardy junkie, also….I too was impressed with Amy’s “smartness” and how well she presents herself for all the world to see.. Emily said it best…… thanks Mary for sharing this topic.
      Leonara

I was on Jeopardy, won twice but lost in Final Jeopardy of my third game.

I don’t think it’s on a par with Jackie Robinson breaking the MLB color bar but it’s a milestone.

Amy is a class act and great ambassador for all trans persons

Yes I think it’s a big deal. Not only did Amy win the Tournament of Champions on Jeopardy! (don’t forget the exclamation point), she has won the second most games, the fourth most prize money in regular season play, and the fourth most in regular season plus tournaments (and that includes some previous players in extra tournaments above and beyond the regular Tournament of Champions).

I believe her openness on the show helps to normalize transgender people to America.  And Amy is so poised in the many ways she has represented transgendered individuals.

ChloeC
      Duchess

I’ve been a fan of jeopardy since the days of Art Fleming in the 60s. I watched all of Amy’s appearances and was delighted when she won. Beyond that I have to give the producers credit. That final featured a millenial , genx’er and boomer. Continuing to show America that it doesn’t matter who you are or what you look like, if you know obscure and arcane facts you deserve to be a winner as much as any other person from any background with similar abilities. Hugs ChloeC

Yes, in terms of visibility, it is a Major and Positive step…

Alice Black
      Duchess

I have been following Amy’s progress as well.  I was the first one to mention it on this site several months ago. And, I think it is a great step for all of us.

Alice Black
      Duchess

`Mary, I liked the amusing comment you made about your own ability with trivia. LOL

Anonymous
      Lady

Haven’t watched Jeopardy but congratulations to Amy for her smartness and being an ambassador for all of us.

Its also great that some trans won a few political offices this past election. Our community is here to stay and growing despite the opposition.

I guess I like Amy and she certainly has more knowledge than me.  Maybe she is a perfect ambassador for trans people like us.

I don’t know how you could watch her and not come away thinking she is pretty normal. And as intellegent as she is she chose her journey. I can only thing most people were blown away.

She was there ONLY as a (happen to Be) Transgender woman who was out to Win the Jeopardy Championship – Which she did and proudly. She had a double ‘perfect SAT scores’ which made every top Ivy League Colleague go after her.

She was NOT there to beat the drums, blow the trumpet or being a LBGTQ advocate as a Lesbian, Transwoman – but as a woman human being, So, enough on Amy, leave her alone. it’s irrelevant and not a big Deal at all over her personal life,

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

Other notable firsts such as the elections of Margaret Thatcher and Barack Obama were highly relevant for women and black people respectively.  Their achievement is what’s relevant to their respective demographic groups.  Likewise, Amy Schneider’s achievement is what’s relevant to the trans community.  She is  a role model for other transgender women and that IS a big deal.  We need more like her.

Davina
      Lady

I am very proud of and happy for Amy and so pleased of how she represents our community.

I am very happy for her and her accomplishment(s) on Jeopardy.  Don’t know if anyone else heard the story of her tattoo but it is very interesting.  She was not allowed to show it on her first appearance on the show but was during the Tournament of Champions.  I don’t remember the whole story but it is a tattoo that represents a princess that was changed to a prince when young by a spell and when they grew up were able to change back to a princess or something like that – representative of a transgender journey.  She is a great ambassador.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?